Core players

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Rams very well could be looking to replace him if he has another mediocre or injury plagued year next year. So yeah, it' debatable. He may be in their plans for next year but after that, it's anyone's guess.
Well sure of course,and IF Robert Quinn suddenly can't get to the QB next year and blows out his knee in week 15 then he may be replaceable too.
Come on...

When Finnegan was signed last year i think we all felt that he was a "core guy" too. Obviously thats changed.

Last edited by a moderator:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Well sure of course,and IF Robert Quinn suddenly can't get to the QB next year and blows out his knee in week 15 then he may be replaceable too.
Come on...

When Finnegan was signed last year i think we all felt that he was a "core guy" too. Obviously thats changed.

It would be absolutely devastating if Quinn blew his knee. Knock-on-wood!

I don't think you can compare Finnegan or Quinn to a QB though because the game is more mental for a QB. Look at P. Manning. His body is shot but he's still playing QB.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Lol @ Bradford is debatable.

Are we going to trade him and draft a QB in the top 5 this spring? No.
Are we going to hand the car keys over to Clemens or Davis in 2014? No.
Bradford is core.

My definition of a core player is someone who the team isn't looking to replace anytime soon.

My definition of core is 1) he's going to be with us for the next 3-4 seasons and 2) he could start for 50-75% of other teams. The Rams are just starting to get to the point where we have more than a few of those guys.

RFIP

Who are our core players right now? Guys we depend upon and lock up for the future?

Bradford - for sure
J Long - No due to durability concerns.
T Austin - for sure
J Cook - for sure
R Quinn - for sure
C Long - If they draft Clowney, which I doubt, Long's days are numbered.
M Brockers - for sure
JL - for sure
A Ogletree - for sure
J Jenkins - not in my eyes but...
T Johnson - ???

That's a pretty solid core.

I'd add:
Stacy
Bailey - they found something with this kid!
TJ - once they find their FS (Byrd) TJ will be a stalward at SS