Core players

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Who are our core players right now? Guys we depend upon and lock up for the future?

Bradford
J Long
T Austin
J Cook
R Quinn
C Long
M Brockers
JL
A Ogletree
J Jenkins
T Johnson

That's a pretty solid core.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Who are our core players right now? Guys we depend upon and lock up for the future?

Bradford
J Long
T Austin
J Cook
R Quinn
C Long
M Brockers
JL
A Ogletree
J Jenkins
T Johnson

I think TJ Macdonald is on the verge of being a part of this core group

jap

Legend

Bradford
J Long
T Austin
J Cook
R Quinn
C Long
M Brockers
JL
A Ogletree
J Jenkins
T Johnson

I would throw in long snapper Jake McQuaide as well. Those guys are not always easy to come by, and when you have a good one like Jake, it's easy to forget he exists because he performs so well you take him for granted.

As
someone else pointed out, both Johnny Hekker and Greg the Leg had great years. Hekker should be the unanimous choice for the NFC Pro Bowl punter.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

Bradford
J Long
T Austin
J Cook
R Quinn
C Long
M Brockers
JL
A Ogletree
J Jenkins
T Johnson

You can't put J Long in there given his injury history. He's a stop gap until we draft a rookie, let him play a year at RT and then move him to LT.

Also, Bradford is debatable.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Lol @ Bradford is debatable.

Are we going to trade him and draft a QB in the top 5 this spring? No.
Are we going to hand the car keys over to Clemens or Davis in 2014? No.
Bradford is core.

My definition of a core player is someone who the team isn't looking to replace anytime soon.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Massey... dude miss-fired on just one snap his whole career here. Rock solid!

Mcquaide appears equally good.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Good point. I missed Stacy as another.

Point being; our roster is starting to fill in.
No doubt. I think Bailey and/or Quick are going to explode next year and will fill one of these 'core' spots. It might be because another WR steps up and starts making the opponents top DB stick to him all game. That guy could be Givens, or it could be a WR we draft early.

paceram

Pro Bowler
No doubt. I think Bailey and/or Quick are going to explode next year and will fill one of these 'core' spots. It might be because another WR steps up and starts making the opponents top DB stick to him all game. That guy could be Givens, or it could be a WR we draft early.

Agreed! I think both Bailey (who, I think will end up being the best WR of Rams current group!) and Quick will have very goods seasons next year! And, I also look for Givens to get back to his last year's form. But, I would still like to see the Rams draft another WR in the 2014 Draft (and, supposedly this Draft will be really deep at the WR position).

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I would throw in long snapper Jake McQuaide as well. Those guys are not always easy to come by, and when you have a good one like Jake, it's easy to forget he exists because he performs so well you take him for granted.

As
someone else pointed out, both Johnny Hekker and Greg the Leg had great years. Hekker should be the unanimous choice for the NFC Pro Bowl punter.

He's in the conversation and I think anyone would agree with that but when I looked over the stats the guy from SEA is right there with him. They are both having great years. Check it out. Of course I'm pulling for him over anyone on SEA roster for sure. Both of these guys have average return yards that dwarf everyone elses.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/punting/sort/puntReturnYards

Yeah Bitches!!!!!! Punter!!!!!
(in my Breaking Bad voice LOL)

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

Bradford
J Long
T Austin
J Cook
R Quinn
C Long
M Brockers
JL
A Ogletree
J Jenkins
T Johnson

Not sold on Cook, he's just never impressed me @ Tenn and was so inconsistent with us this year. I still think they should have just stayed with Kendrick's as #1 TE. Cook and Kendrick's put up identical numbers last year as starters.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Quinn
Bradford
Brockers
Austin
Ogletree.
Couple others on the cusp.
JL and C Long, maybe but the clock is ticking against them. It's a shame they wasted so much time on bad teams.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Quinn
Bradford
Brockers
Austin
Ogletree.
Couple others on the cusp.
JL and C Long, maybe but the clock is ticking against them. It's a shame they wasted so much time on bad teams.

Long is just coming into his prime IMO, the clock isn't ticking yet.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Long is just coming into his prime IMO, the clock isn't ticking yet.

I'm looking at it going forward. He will be 29 next year, has played a lot of snaps. His game is quickness and with age that doesn't improve. He's still a great player .
To me core is under 27.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sam Bradford
Robert Quinn
Chris Long
James Laurinaitis
Hulk Brockers
Jake Long (maybe)

There really shouldn't be a whole lot in a "core", but the good news is there's a lot of players right below said core that can be really, really good.

V3

Hall of Fame
Lol @ Bradford is debatable.

Are we going to trade him and draft a QB in the top 5 this spring? No.
Are we going to hand the car keys over to Clemens or Davis in 2014? No.
Bradford is core.

My definition of a core player is someone who the team isn't looking to replace anytime soon.

The Rams very well could be looking to replace him if he has another mediocre or injury plagued year next year. So yeah, it' debatable. He may be in their plans for next year but after that, it's anyone's guess.