Cooper Kupp out. Greg Zuerlein in.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/17/nfl-rams-cooper-kupp-greg-zuerlein-injury-week-7/

The Los Angeles Rams will be getting one key player back this week, while also losing another. Sean McVay announced on Wednesday that Cooper Kupp has officially been ruled out for Week 7 against the 49ers as he recovers from a knee sprain suffered on Sunday.

Myles Simmons

✔@MylesASimmons

#LARams HC Sean McVay says it’s safe to rule WR Cooper Kupp out for this week.

3:15 PM - Oct 17, 2018

On the bright side, Greg Zuerlein is ready to go and will play for the first time since Week 1. He’s fully recovered and cleared to play after suffering a groin injury in pregame warmups prior to their Week 2 win over the Cardinals.

The Rams signed Nick Williams and waived Cairo Santos as corresponding moves this week, but it’s unclear if the former will suit up on Sunday against the 49ers. McVay called Santos a “stud” and a “class act,” wishing him nothing but the best.

As for the receiver spot, it’s more likely that either Robert Woods or Brandin Cooks will kick inside in place of Kupp with Josh Reynolds stepping in outside. The Rams run 11 personnel 95 percent of the time, so having three quality receivers is crucial.

Zuerlein has played just one game this season, but he was solid against the Raiders in the season opener. He made 4 of 5 field goals, including a 55-yarder.

Last edited:

Raminator

UDFA
Good to see Greg back in and I think we have enough other WR's that can fill in for Kupp for a week (hopefully no longer). The part that I wonder (and I don't know anything about Cooper's injury) is if he had a knee sprain that is bad enough to miss at least 1 game, why was he allowed to re-enter the game against Denver possibly injuring the knee more?

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good to see Greg back in and I think we have enough other WR's that can fill in for Kupp for a week (hopefully no longer). The part that I wonder (and I don't know anything about Cooper's injury) is if he had a knee sprain that is bad enough to miss at least 1 game, why was he allowed to re-enter the game against Denver possibly injuring the knee more?

If Greg is 100% or close, it changes the field and play calling. I missed you, man! (sob)

Yeah, maybe Kupp shouldn't have played, but it also displays toughness. I'll miss you, man! (sob)

Seriously though, this WR group should be OK? Lots of talent. If you see Nick Williams on the field, we might be in trouble!

JackStraw

Rookie
Robert Woods goes off for 11 rec, 185 yards and 3 TDS and\or Gerald Everett has his best game as a pro.

No need to wear down/risk injury to Gurley. Cap his attempts at 15 and lets use opportunity to get the Goffense back on track. 1st and 10, 4th quarter 20+ point game on own 7 - thread the needle to a split back on a post 25 yards down the field!

Have Cooks\Woods combine for a total of 8 jet sweeps.

McVay pulls a Raider led Lane Kiffin and lets GZ attempt a 75 yarder :yess:

RamzFanz

Damnit
Robert Woods goes off for 11 rec, 185 yards and 3 TDS and\or Gerald Everett has his best game as a pro.

No need to wear down/risk injury to Gurley. Cap his attempts at 15 and lets use opportunity to get the Goffense back on track. 1st and 10, 4th quarter 20+ point game on own 7 - thread the needle to a split back on a post 25 yards down the field!

Have Cooks\Woods combine for a total of 8 jet sweeps.

McVay pulls a Raider led Lane Kiffin and lets GZ attempt a 75 yarder :yess:

Most TDs in First 50 NFL Games (Last 30 Years) Larry Johnson: 52, Arian Foster: 49, Barry Sanders: 48, Todd Gurley: 46, Terrell Davis: 46.

I agree about Woods and Cooks. Jet sweeps will be sniffed out eventually though. Gurley is our core.

Have you seen GZ kick a 75 yarder? I have.

Totally doable!

Ellard80

Legend
Good to have Greg the Leg back.... I need to go see if people dropped him in fantasy!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Most TDs in First 50 NFL Games (Last 30 Years) Larry Johnson: 52, Arian Foster: 49, Barry Sanders: 48, Todd Gurley: 46, Terrell Davis: 46.

I agree about Woods and Cooks. Jet sweeps will be sniffed out eventually though. Gurley is our core.

Have you seen GZ kick a 75 yarder? I have.

Totally doable!
Good to see you back man. I wouldn’t worry about wearing down Gurley. The guy is a tank.

RamzFanz

Damnit
[Cairo Santos] "Thank you to the Rams for the opportunity to fill in for the last 2 games! Very special and fun to work with some of the best in the game. Glad to get back to game ready and help you stay unbeaten! Also really happy to see Greg the Leg healthy. On to the next chapter!"

I was glad to see him when we needed him. He was a good choice as a returning player. Best to him! Hope he made bank!

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit
Good to see you back man. I wouldn’t worry about wearing down Gurley. The guy is a tank.

Oh, sure, I agree. You don't pull back on him, especially when Kupp is out in a divisional game.

Good to see you too! I always enjoy your opinion! I've quietly missed it.

I don't want to jinx anything but remember the debate about when/if he would be ready to play after he was drafted after the [redacted] injury? If he would be re-injured? He's been a bull ever since!

Fisher's best decision ever?

I'll give my answer: Fisher didn't make that decision alone but it was his best decision ever. Although, his special teams' decisions were epic. If his peak was special team's coach, he might be an NFL god. That was his calling and he over-shot it. I would hire and pay him well today as a Special Teams coach.

May he retire in peace and never be heard from as a head coach again.

This from a guy who had his image as my profile pic for awhile. I'll never forget that he only lifted himself to Buffalo Wild Wings for his coach's corner.

Excuse me while I gush over Sean McVay. That shit's awesome!

Last edited:

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
It's clear how much Greg brings to the team.
Great to have him back, and wishing Kupp all the best.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Goff seemed out of sync without his security blanket in Kupp. Hopefully a week of adjustment should help and I do like Reynolds better on the outside, but it's time for him to step up as he seems to struggle getting separation and has a tendency to slip on his routes in some that I have seen.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

That shaved head would make me think a lot of pressure got to him throughout his career of kicking FGs. Crosby is 34 and has that grey out already

crosby.jpg

5bc004fdba61b.image.jpg

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff seemed out of sync without his security blanket in Kupp. Hopefully a week of adjustment should help and I do like Reynolds better on the outside, but it's time for him to step up as he seems to struggle getting separation and has a tendency to slip on his routes in some that I have seen.
I wonder if, because they are tight bros on and off the field, it was an emotional distraction where it makes you foggy mentally and physically? Like driving after getting a devastating phone call? Maybe also, that's why Kupp wanted back in, even for a play, to show Jared "I'm going to be fine, lets do this man, don't worry about me!" Crazy wonderful how much these guys really love each other. Jared just turned 24 and hasn't seen anyone of his core guys go down, possibly season ending, and it being Kupp, man!. I think you're right Den, out of sync for sure.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
It was just an off game for Goff in my opinion. I definitely don't think having Kupp out helped but on passes to Wood he missed. Goff looked like he did in the first 2 games. I think he should take those gloves and burn them so he never wears them again.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
It was just an off game for Goff in my opinion. I definitely don't think having Kupp out helped but on passes to Wood he missed. Goff looked like he did in the first 2 games. I think he should take those gloves and burn them so he never wears them again.
Both Kupp and Cooks went down in SEA and Goff played much better than he did in DEN. I think it has more to do with the weather slowing everyone down, the gloves, and the pass rush than Kupp being out. The passing game looked sluggish with Kupp in their too.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Both Kupp and Cooks went down in SEA and Goff played much better than he did in DEN. I think it has more to do with the weather slowing everyone down, the gloves, and the pass rush than Kupp being out. The passing game looked sluggish with Kupp in their too.
Definitely, and I think that Denver's secondary is much better then Seattle.