Cooper Kupp not playing on Saturday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Watkins more looks? Pharoh Cooper and Spruce more looks in the slot? (Spruce may be held out also due to minor injuries). He need to play and show to make the team IMHO. Reynolds more snaps.

They've seen enough of Kupp. He makes the 53 and probably starts vs Indy. McVay still undecided who the last 2 WR's will be.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Watkins, Cooper and Reynolds I'd bet all get more looks. McVay was kind of down on Spruce in his last presser because he's always hurt I'd bet his time is about done as a Ram.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'll bet the Chargers will be keying on Watkins in this game, and that will open-it-up for all the other WR's! Spruce needs a shot at playing time IF he's going to make the Team!

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
This is fair... You know cuts are coming. Also they already know Kupp is a stud it only makes sense to preserve him til the season opener. Just wonder who is gone. Also i did not know Spruce got hurt again? Well if so he is gone if that's the case.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I guess this happened in practice? nothing was reported after the game and this is Thursday...

Ram65

Legend
Already Goff loses his security blanket.

Could be good for everyone. Cooper gets to step up. He has looked good limited opportunities. Watkins and Reynolds need the time too. Could we see more Everett? Spruce looks to be out of the picture but, if he can get on the field he should.

TexasRam

Legend
Smart move.. Can't lose Kupp. He is right now critical to the offense. He probably isn't really hurt.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Thank god. He's been creeping up people's fantasy rankings too much already. Trying to use as late of a pick on him as possible

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
This is probably in large part to let other guys get some looks ... they know Kupp is going to make the roster and get a lot of playing time, so let the others who are battling it out get their reps.

Plus, any guy who is going to be a contributor should, IMO, be held out of pre-season action for anything more than small cut on their pinky finger.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Minor groin injury, too much fun smashing with gf after practice I presume?

KayJay

Starter
Goff spreads the ball around anyway. So Sammy will probably eat up some of those touches. But Kupp not being there will be felt

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
hmmm, after Spruuuuce, Cooper & Higbee last year....I hope this isn't one of those, I'm a rookie and these pros hit hard...so hard I can't play a game after I catch 3 passes...type injury.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Yeah, especially after Vegas SPL, I think lots of people in SoCal have at least some suspicions about the previously undisclosed minor groin injury keeping a key player out of a meaningless game trope.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I think it does a few things. One aspect is getting a better look at PC, Reynolds and maybe Spruce if he's good to go. More reps for those guys. Also, I think we're already seeing Kupp as possibly being Jared's security blanket. Lets see how Jared adapts with out his fav target :) We've seen him shine and it's not necessary to risk Kupp's health, plus it might keep him off teams radar a bit. If he were to have another game like last week I guarantee he would be getting some serious DC attention. Especially from Indy.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Spruce needs to do something this game..

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Spruce needs to do something this game..

I don't think there's anything he can do to make the team now. He was a lock before the draft, had a fighting chance after the draft but the trade for Sammy killed his chances. He's only path to make the team was to beat out p cooper and Thomas. Cooper seems to have done enough and i get the sense mcvay loves Thomas. That puts him 8th in the pecking order.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Translation:
They've seen enough. He's a starter. Keep him protected. Give targets to others.