Cooper Kupp lands at No. 89 on NFL Top 100

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
RamsNewUniforms56.JPG

https://www.therams.com/news/cooper-kupp-89-nfl-top-100

Cooper Kupp's bounce-back 2019 season earned the attention and respect of his peers, who voted him No. 89 on the NFL's Top 100 Players of 2020.

For the fourth-year Rams wide receiver, it's his first career appearance on the list. After suffering a season-ending ACL injury in November 2018, he responded in 2019 with 94 receptions for 1,161 yards and 10 touchdowns, all team-highs and career-bests for a single season. That performance was highlighted by a season-high 220 receiving yards against the Cincinnati Bengals in London, a total which trailed only Amari Cooper's 226 against the Packers in Week 5 for most by an NFL wide receiver in a single game last season.

"I think early on, you could kind of see his progress from his ACL injury early on in training camp and then through the year – all the strides that he's made, then some of those big games he's had throughout the year," Rams head coach Sean McVay said last December. "He's a hard worker, he does everything the right way, works really hard in practice. He's a very detailed player and I think it's showing up and he deserves everything."
The NFL Top 100 List is determined exclusively by league players. Overall, 970 ballots were collected and 132 players were interviewed by NFL Films for this year's list.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
About damn time he made it on the list. If Larry Fitzgerald is giving respect to a rookie, you know he's good.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
That stiff arm on Marshon Lattimore will never get old. I wish we could print gifs so I can stick it to delusional aints fans in real life.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
That stiff arm on Marshon Lattimore will never get old. I wish we could print gifs so I can stick it to delusional aints fans in real life.
The best thing about that play were the 3 blocks Woods makes. Outstanding effort.

Hobgoblin

Rookie
Our shakiest games were the ones Kupp was not in or playing injured. Even injured he was better than most our receivers healthy.

Tano

Legend
This is the worst list by far. Kyler Murray? Josh fucking Allen? Come on man. Look me in the eye with a straight face and tell me those are top 100 players. This shit is to get fans talking.
I couldn't believe those two were in the top 100 list as well. What the heck have they done to deserve top 80?

Josh Allen has excellent mobility but his accuracy is below sub par.

I watched quite a few Buffalo games last year due to my wife being a fan and he did not impress me at all with his throws.

If he had some accuracy, Buffalo would have been the team to pick in the playoffs last year. Their defense was extremely impressive.

And Murray ... aka the midget ... did not impress me at all last year. He made some good throws but as some people stated - once he was past his first read - the play usually broke down with him trying to scramble for his life.

bluecoconuts

Legend
This is the worst list by far. Kyler Murray? Josh fucking Allen? Come on man. Look me in the eye with a straight face and tell me those are top 100 players. This shit is to get fans talking.

Yeah, it really needs to be rebranded the most popular or something else, because it's not the best. Is it even a player vote still? Should it even be a player vote?

I bet Goff didn't crack the top 100, Woods maybe, but I wouldn't be shocked if we get Kupp, Ramsey, and then Donald.

Crazy how this team of scrubs keeps beating up on the wonderkids.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Yeah, it really needs to be rebranded the most popular or something else, because it's not the best. Is it even a player vote still? Should it even be a player vote?

I bet Goff didn't crack the top 100, Woods maybe, but I wouldn't be shocked if we get Kupp, Ramsey, and then Donald.

Crazy how this team of scrubs keeps beating up on the wonderkids.
People don’t like to hear this but Goff is hated on because he’s a traditional QB. Just a drop back passer who can make every throw. I’ve heard people say they think Goff is boring to watch and that’s why they don’t like him. Apparently they’ve never watched Brady check the ball down 35 times a game.

Rams have three players in the top 100. I’m guessing the next two are Ramsey and Donald. Weird how Woods made it last year and had pretty much an identical year stats wise. Yet missed the cut this year.

Anyway, if guys like Ryan, Goff, Brady, Garoppolo, Tannehill, etc aren’t winning, they’re forgotten about.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Agree this is for the fans, I’m old enough to have seen too many talented teams underachieve due in no small part by getting caught up reading their press clippings

This could parlay into a chip on the shoulder motivational edge :biggrin: I can virtually guarantee it will with Jared Goff

dang

Legend
Take it for what it’s worth. We all saw Peters play. For every good play he makes he makes 3 bad plays yet he was ranked #53. Somehow they found footage of him making a tackle last year. I bet they had to watch a lot of film before they found that.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ve heard people say they think Goff is boring to watch and that’s why they don’t like him.

I can guarantee you that's why most think he's a bad qb.

All of a sudden if a qb can't make spectacular "off schedule" plays he's really not that good.

A qb that runs the offense the way it's supposed to be run is a game manager.

I think it was a credit to goff that he only got sacked 22 times last season. He either made subtle moves or got rid of the ball before the rush got there. Better to fight for the next down.

Of course this means he's shit to the general nfl fan base because he didn't run behind the line of scrimmage like a headless chicken and then complete a pass. That's the true mark of a great qb nowadays.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I can guarantee you that's why most think he's a bad qb.

All of a sudden if a qb can't make spectacular "off schedule" plays he's really not that good.

A qb that runs the offense the way it's supposed to be run is a game manager.

I think it was a credit to goff that he only got sacked 22 times last season. He either made subtle moves or got rid of the ball before the rush got there. Better to fight for the next down.

Of course this means he's shit to the general nfl fan base because he didn't run behind the line of scrimmage like a headless chicken and then complete a pass. That's the true mark of a great qb nowadays.

Yeah, I’ve had that debate before. Fans will point to low sack numbers and say the line wasn’t that bad. No, his sack numbers were low because of him, because he was actually good at avoiding them.

jap

Legend

Stop picking on my guy, Wussell Wilson! :ROFLMAO: He is essentially the entire Seattle offense and deserves to be respected as such.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
DK Metcalf was hire than him. Yikes.

WHAT.

This list is total shit. It doesn't count. Never will count. How does D.K. fucking Metcalf get higher than Kupp? Metcalf had a much worse season than Kupp! In every aspect of the game! Had less receptions, less yards, less touchdowns.

What the holy motherfucking FUCK are these players smoking?! Because I'd love to have it for my leg muscle spasms! This is total elephant shit. Because bullshit and horseshit aren't nearly enough to describe how fucking shit this list is.