Cooper Kupp discusses contract negotiations

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'll say this much, when guys say they aren't respected with their pay, it's honestly bullshit and all ego. These dudes make life changing money to play a damn game. Now I get they get paid based on what others get paid since the NFL rakes in so much dough so I won't get into my specific thoughts about it. Kupp definitely gets props because we all know he could be like, fuck you, pay me because he's an elite WR. The fact that he's ok with saying pay me enough to where it works for all parties is showing you he prioritizes having a winning team out there over getting the biggest pay day possible. The NFL is unfortunately filled with too many players that want to break the bank regardless of what it does to their team in the big scheme of things.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
COOOOOOOOOOOP!!!

In other news....

Screenshot_20220420-061948_Instagram.jpg

tempests

Hall of Fame
Rams have also made it easier on themselves the last few years with an willingness and even eager at times, to be generous with their best players and make sure they get what's coming to them. It's why a player like Kupp can trust in the process, because he knows the Rams will take care of him.

All part of the culture they've built here.

Ramon Ram

Starter
Would be interesting to see or know if OBJ watches this interview and what he comes away with. Is he in the mindset of getting all he can or fair value based on his status with the injury? Does he come away like many of us saying wow this is a team that gets it and I want to stay a part of it as the sky is the limit playing at home here?

Great stuff from Kupp

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
This is refreshing on a couple of points... The first being he knows what he wants and the second he seems to know that draining another few million from the team, isn't going to change his or his families lives.
I've been there myself - though the pay scale was radically different!, but changing employers for $5, $10 or even $20K was not going to impact my finances, as much as as a different commute, having to break in a new manager or adjusting to another idiot corporate structure. :wow2: That part I get.
Coop is definitely a we, not me, character and great to have him as a Ram.