Cook thinks Rams offense better-suited to his skills

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Darin Gantt
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/10/cook-thinks-rams-offense-better-suited-to-his-skills/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... er=ya5nbcs</a>

[wrapimg=right]http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/350x-27.jpg?w=250[/wrapimg]The Rams paid tight end Jared Cook to be a difference-maker.

And it’s clear that Cook feels that playing for the Titans prevented him from being one.

Cook’s decision to leave the Titans was easy when the Rams offered a five-year, $35.1 million deal, but he said the fit was simply better.

“That offense really didn’t suit me,’’ Cook said, via Joe Lyons of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “It didn’t fit me. That’s just how it is. Every team a player goes to, the fit is not perfect. Some guys have to move around to two or three teams before they find the perfect fit. . . .

“I think I’m on an elevator going up.”

Clearly, he felt stuck with the Titans, saying he didn’t get chances to make as many plays as he felt capable of. And he apparently thinks Rams quarterback Sam Bradford is a significant upgrade over Titans quarterback Jake Locker.

“I’ve always kind of had to use my catch radius and make kind of circus catches,’’ Cook said. “Not so much here. [Bradford] puts it right on the money, and he makes good reads. He’s going to hold onto it before he throws interceptions, which is being a smart quarterback.

“That’s part of being a veteran quarterback, not making dumb decisions, being conscious about your decision-making.’’

While it’s not as if Cook went from Tim Tebow to Aaron Rodgers, Bradford is more than capable of being at least a league-average quarterback (which Locker hasn’t approached). And by adding offensive weapons, including Cook, that gulf could widen.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
That was actually pretty brutal, he threw his old quarterback's under the bus. Although, I agree with him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:
Bradford is more than capable of being at least a league-average quarterback

There's a sterling endorsement.
Good thing I pay zero attention to anything Darin Gantt has to say. :roll:

A55VA6

Legend
Calling it right now, here's my bold prediction. haha. Jared Cook will be Sam's favorite target and will be a reliable target. AND he will have some of the best stats for a TE this year by any team.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
X wrote:
Good thing I pay zero attention to anything Darin Gantt has to say. :roll:

I don't remember reading this guy before but I think I'll start doing that too. Or not doing that. :yessir:

A55VA6 reading my mind:
Calling it right now, here's my bold prediction. haha. Jared Cook will be Sam's favorite target and will be a reliable target. AND he will have some of the best stats for a TE this year by any team.

I've said almost the same thing on another forum. I also think the combination of Kendricks and Cook will be one of the top 5 in the league if we give them enough touches.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Look at what he has had throwing him the ball......bupkis at best.

He may turn out to be a better signing that we think. It isn't a sexy thing to sign a TE but if you're Bradford having a guy like this is good when you have to bail out on a play or need yards.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DR RAM said:
That was actually pretty brutal, he threw his old quarterback's under the bus. Although, I agree with him.

That was brutally honest. But did you see the video of all his targets last year? Deadset those qbs would have trouble hitting the side of a barn down the seam.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=119y0F8AsUQ[/youtube]

Watch just the highlights and you see what he is talking about.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
kurtfaulk said:
DR RAM said:

That was brutally honest. But did you see the video of all his targets last year? Deadset those qbs would have trouble hitting the side of a barn down the seam.

This ^^^

I really didn't buy into the whole thing until I saw him bring down some of those ducks being thrown his way. You could see him shaking his head and looking toward the sideline on some of those passes. He snagged some pretty tough catches in those vids. What can he do with on target throws? I think we'll find out.

nighttrain

Legend
DR RAM said:
Clearly, he felt stuck with the Titans, saying he didn’t get chances to make as many plays as he felt capable of. And he apparently thinks Rams quarterback Sam Bradford is a significant upgrade over Titans quarterback Jake Locker.

that was a tractor and trailer, with a full load, not some empty bus. And looking at the stats, not a bad call
train