Congrats to Leonard Floyd

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Was there any doubt?? Great Job Flo!!

The Ramowl

Starter
Loved his performance, but I hope he buys AD a beer because his triple teams certainly made rushing from the edge a tiny bit easier.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He's been a great addition and I hope the Rams can extend him, IMO, that would be prudent.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Floyd has been a great addition to the team. Dante who? I just hope the Rams can keep him. If not, we may have to settle with a nice comp pick.

Tano

Legend
I would have made it co-defensive player of the week with Darius Williams with an honorable mention to Jalon and AD only because you don't see any stats for those two.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would have made it co-defensive player of the week with Darius Williams with an honorable mention to Jalon and AD only because you don't see any stats for those two.

This should have gone to Darious Williams.

Nothing against Floyd, but one of his sacks was unblocked and....Williams best play of the game probably wasn't even either of his two INTs - he saved us from another ridiculous Wilson-Lockett toe tap out of bounds catch

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We probably had the top 2 candidates and either would have been a great choice. Bears fans in shambles though at this news Sunday was like a whole season for him with them.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
How to obtain a Premium Edge Rusher via "The Donald Effect".

Step 1: Give out one year deal to disgruntled (but fast) edge rusher in their contract year.
Step 2: Edge Rusher makes most of "second chance" and dominates.
Step 3: Pick up 2nd or 3rd Round Comp Pick after getting out bid for player following free agency.
Step 4: Repeat.

Who are next year's candidates?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How to obtain a Premium Edge Rusher via "The Donald Effect".

Step 1: Give out one year deal to disgruntled (but fast) edge rusher in their contract year.
Step 2: Edge Rusher makes most of "second chance" and dominates.
Step 3: Pick up 2nd or 3rd Round Comp Pick after getting out bid for player following free agency.
Step 4: Repeat.

Who are next year's candidates?
Lewis is next years candidate.

Tano

Legend
Lewis is next years candidate.
He isn’t a free agent from another team. We want to know who are the underwhelming low salary free agent edge rusher who wants to show what he can do for next year.
So far Fowler, then Floyd then ???

In fact, do any of them have a last name that starts with an F.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He isn’t a free agent from another team. We want to know who are the underwhelming low salary free agent edge rusher who wants to show what he can do for next year.
So far Fowler, then Floyd then ???

In fact, do any of them have a last name that starts with an F.
I’m saying we don’t need a free agent to take up salary cap to get sacks at the olb position. Lewis is in house and cheaper and can do it.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I’m saying we don’t need a free agent to take up salary cap to get sacks at the olb position. Lewis is in house and cheaper and can do it.

But it's nice having both Lewis AND Floyd right now at the same time.

Dante Fowler Jr. signed a 3 year, $45,000,000 contract with the Atlanta Falcons, including a $14,000,000 signing bonus, $29,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $15,000,000.

Floyd is on a one year deal for $10,000,000.
Floyd is having a killer year and Fowler has crashed back to earth.

This whole line of thought is making me realize Donald is worth every penny.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But it's nice having both Lewis AND Floyd right now at the same time.

Dante Fowler Jr. signed a 3 year, $45,000,000 contract with the Atlanta Falcons, including a $14,000,000 signing bonus, $29,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $15,000,000.

Floyd is on a one year deal for $10,000,000.
Floyd is having a killer year and Fowler has crashed back to earth.

Absolutely it is and it would be nice to have Floyd back next year the way he's playing. The question was what vet do we sign in the off season to get sacks behind AD. My comment was simply we don't need one we have a young guy to not only eat up those sacks but potentially create his own making it more difficult for teams to double and triple team AD all the time. Apologies I thought my point was obvious that we don't need a vet next year that's what Lewis was drafted for, to be a long term solution at that spot and making our defense much better.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Absolutely it is and it would be nice to have Floyd back next year the way he's playing. The question was what vet do we sign in the off season to get sacks behind AD. My comment was simply we don't need one we have a young guy to not only eat up those sacks but potentially create his own making it more difficult for teams to double and triple team AD all the time. Apologies I thought my point was obvious that we don't need a vet next year that's what Lewis was drafted for, to be a long term solution at that spot and making our defense much better.

No worries! I wasn't trying to be argumentative either. I agree with you. I think Lewis is the real deal, and I don't think we need to overpay for Floyd to stay around if he's priced out of our market.
But, I'm pretty greedy in that I'd like another premium guy to pair with Lewis on these "prove it" deals.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah big contracts are scary for teams for a good reason. So many players put their feet up once they get paid, lose that edge, whatever you want to call it and it's not just in the NFL. It's a human nature thing.

I think the key is that personality of the player and how much they love the game. AD is the model of a guy you can pay and not worry about because his drive to be the best won't waiver at all. But using Ramsey as an example I wasn't sure about his maturity but felt like he wouldn't let his play drop due to pride and wanting to be the best. I was wrong about his maturity but correct about him being driven to be the best so at this point the Rams look smart for locking him up.

And I realize this won't be popular but I do have some concerns with our WR cost. Kupp and Woody are both selfless guys, great teammates, and top possession type wideouts but we will be paying about $29M next year for the two of them. No matter how I feel about those guys personally when I look at it from the business side I feel like it's too much money for those two players in combination.

Not a huge deal mind you, just pointing out that no team is perfect and certainly not our Rams in terms of how they allocate cap space. Rams are known to take care of players, that they pony up the money for guys and that makes them a top destination along with the winning and coaching staff quality.

Going forward how will Floyd and Williams react to being PAID? I see less risk with Williams personally, but will be happy if the Rams can manage to lock up either of them.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
He had a hell of a game. I would think Darious wasn't far behind in this vote.