Concerning our rookie press releases

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I was just curious who won the "you know" phrase count in these press releases. I was thinking it was Higbee but Cooper has to be a close second. I'm too lazy to actually count all the "you know's" uttered by these guys. Is that a new trend to say as many as possible in an interview? Maybe our receiving crew will now be known as the U NO Gang? You know?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Holy shit, Higbee literally says it like over 200 times easily. It is common to do that sort of thing when you are not used to public speaking. I used to say "umm" a lot when I first started teaching, just something you need to work on if you realize you are doing it. He might not know hes doing it, hopefully he watches this interview and notices. He does seem to have confidence, but not used to this. The big stage making him a bit nervous.

At one point in under 10 seconds he said "you know" over 10 times. lol

Cooper was bad too, but only 3/4 as bad as Higbee lol, so still very bad.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Holy crap, Higbee literally says it like over 200 times easily. It is common to do that sort of thing when you are not used to public speaking. I used to say "umm" a lot when I first started teaching, just something you need to work on if you realize you are doing it. He might not know hes doing it, hopefully he watches this interview and notices. He does seem to have confidence, but not used to this.

At one point in under 10 seconds he said "you know" over 10 times. lol

Cooper was bad too, but 3/4 as bad as Higbee lol, so still very bad.
Yeah, I think everybody says it a lot more than they think they do and especially if a little nervous like these guys probably are doing their first interview with the LA press but the "you knows" really jumped out at me in these interviews. I guess some people are "you know" people and others are "umm" or "ah" folks. These guys manage to slide in a couple of double "you knows" in these interviews. Ok, I just morphed that U NO Gang into UNO GANG for these guys since they are out in Southern Cal. :neener:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yeah, I think everybody says it a lot more than they think they do and especially if a little nervous like these guys probably are doing their first interview with the LA press but the "you knows" really jumped out at me in these interviews. I guess some people are "you know" people and others are "umm" or "ah" folks. These guys manage to slide in a couple of double "you knows" in these interviews. Ok, I just morphed that U NO Gang into UNO GANG for these guys since they are out in Southern Cal. :neener:
Agree people say it a lot more than they realize. Don't think usually that much though, but they are going through a big transition so understandable.
Goff changes it up between "You know" and "Um" but seems to do it less and less as the interview goes on. Not as bad though as Higbee or Cooper.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
This might be an unpopular opinion but Higbee does not come across as the smartest guy in the world. To be brutally honest he sounds a bit dumb and I don't say that to be rude. But I guess Gronk is the same way and if Higbee plays anything like him I think I could overlook any intellectual deficiencies, haha!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This might be an unpopular opinion but Higbee does not come across as the smartest guy in the world. To be brutally honest he sounds a bit dumb and I don't say that to be rude. But I guess Gronk is the same way and if Higbee plays anything like him I think I could overlook any intellectual deficiencies, haha!
Actually, besides all the "you knows", I thought all the Rams' rookie interviews I've seen were pretty good. Sometimes, accents or mannerisms give the persona of lower intelligence but often nothing is further from the truth. Sarah Palin is a perfect example.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Actually, besides all the "you knows", I thought all the Rams' rookie interviews I've seen were pretty good. Sometimes, accents or mannerisms give the persona of lower intelligence but often nothing is further from the truth. Sarah Palin is a perfect example.

How so? Sarah Palin sounds dumb and she is dumb. I've got a lot of evidence to back up that claim too. Sometimes you actually can judge a book by its cover.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
How so? Sarah Palin sounds dumb and she is dumb. I've got a lot of evidence to back up that claim too. Sometimes you actually can judge a book by its cover.
I have to disagree with you on Palin. The press perpetrated that persona with misrepresented clips like, " I can see Russia from my house" crap. You could take quotes from our rookies and twist them around too if you have an agenda.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I have to disagree with you on Palin. The press perpetrated that persona with misrepresented clips like, " I can see Russia from my house" crap. You could take quotes from our rookies and twist them around too if you have an agenda.

I don't have an agenda and I looked into Palin a lot during the 2008 elections. IMO, she's dumber than a box of rocks. I don't want this to get political because I think it's hijacking this thread. We can agree to disagree on Higbee and Palin.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I don't have an agenda and I looked into Palin a lot during the 2008 elections. IMO, she's dumber than a box of rocks. I don't want this to get political because I think it's hijacking this thread. We can agree to disagree on Higbee and Palin.
Sure can.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

Let's not go political dude. Palin is so much wiser and accomplished than the arrogant moron in office now. There. Balanced.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As a former Phoenix Suns fan, it was fun to listen to a Shawn Marion interview.

Youknowwhatimsayin

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I'm too lazy to actually count all the "you know's" uttered by these guys. Is that a new trend to say as many as possible in an interview? Maybe our receiving crew will now be known as the U NO Gang? You know?

Better than hearing people say "like" as a filler word in every sentence y'know?

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Let's not go political dude. Palin is so much wiser and accomplished than the arrogant moron in office now. There. Balanced.

"Tells me not to go political, then proceeds to go political." I didn't bring up Palin or any political figures so you can check yourself.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
"Tells me not to go political, then proceeds to go political." I didn't bring up Palin or any political figures so you can check yourself.
No. You just launched on her. Just like the lazy media. Check yourself. No need for that.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
I'd be surprised if Higher came off as a well-spoken vet with years of media interviews behind him. The guy was pretty nervous and was probably just hoping to get through the interview without tripping over.

Ram65

Legend
You know, I stopped after only watching Higbee's interview. Cause ,you know, it was.....you know, very painful to listen too. If you take out the "you knows", he wasn't bad at all but, you know, you can't do that.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
No. You just launched on her. Just like the lazy media. Check yourself. No need for that.

I can't help but chuckle at your inability to see the irony of your statements. You instruct me not to engage in political discussion, and then you engage in further political discussion. You attack me for giving my unaltered opinion of Palin when she was brought up by another member, then you do the same thing when speaking about Obama (whom you brought up in the first place). I fail to see how you can ignore the hypocrisy in this.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
So Yea....umm...how bout that Higbee dude...you know....or Cooper...umm....or spruce....think they are what the thread was about...you know....umm... Maybe?