Computer Speed check,Question ..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just ran a computer speed check @ CharterSpectrum.com. and it showed my Download speed at 41.50 mbps and my upload speed at 5.75. OK ..Question is .. How does that rate? High - Low - Good - Bad - what? Can anyone tell me!?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I just ran a computer speed check @ CharterSpectrum.com. and it showed my Download speed at 41.50 mbps and my upload speed at 5.75. OK ..Question is .. How does that rate? High - Low - Good - Bad - what? Can anyone tell me!?
That's very good.
You can go here to check how it rates, and get a letter grade if you want one.

http://speedtest.net

Here's mine, for example. =(

4409051900.png

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's very good.
You can go here to check how it rates, and get a letter grade if you want one.

http://speedtest.net

Here's mine, for example. =(

4409051900.png
Just tried this site, and the results came back even Better!! Download 49.68 mbps and upload 5.76 mbps!! Thanks again X!!

bluecoconuts

Legend
That's pretty good, but can depend on where you are and how much you pay. If you're paying for 50, that's great. If you're paying for 200 or 300, not so much.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
That's pretty good. My bandwidth is typically 105 download and about 25 upload. It used to be that upload was capped at 10 Mbps for cable (You can thank google fiber for this.) I guess they opened it up a bit in the past 3-5 years.

Don't worry about bandwidth. It's hard to chew up 41 Mbps, unless you're downloading torrents and watching netflix on multiple machines. You should hardwire to your modem about once a month to ensure you aren't getting shortchanged on your promised speeds. Remember when you get a package, your bandwidth isn't ever supposed to drop below that number. If it does, call the company and get it fixed.