Commentary that's Tired

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am tired of many things that have been staples of Rams conversation 21 years. I loved Super Bowl 34 and its players...or at least those who didn't wear Bengals colors on Sunday....
LWEYH2c.gif
-

I want new pictures and stories about Super Bowl 56, instead of those from Super 34 as the prime example of Rams Super Bowl success. I want to see Matthew Stafford holding up the Lombardi instead of Kurt Warner. I want to remember AD manhandling Joe Burrows on 4th and 1, and seeing him point to his rings finger, instead of the Tackle by Mike Jones of Tyson. We have new iconic moments to celebrate, and a current STUD QB instead of Cardinal homer, Kurt Warner.

I am also looking forward to the end of the "all in" and pushing the chips to the center" commentary. How about describing why Les Snead is just better at being a GM than most in the NFL GM's. We are governed by the same rules as everyone else, so don't let idiots get away with dismissing us as having bought a Championship

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Refs threw the game. I'm getting real tired of that one.
Yes and most of these clowns conveniently dismiss the absolute mugging of Jalen by Tee Higgins on that bomb to start the second half. One of the most egregious non calls in Super Bowl history. The Bengals never would have had the lead if not for that bogus play.
Also, after reviewing the final drive Henderson was all but tackled by their linebacker Pratt on a route across the middle. It completely busted the timing of that play and, again, another non call.
Finally, it can be argued whether Logan Wilson impeded or held Kupp on that play but upon further review it sure LOOKED LIKE he did.
Frequently the refs will call it based on their perception as things happen in real time. If Wilson doesn't want to take a chance of incurring a penalty with an automatic first down attached to it he should have kept his hands to himself and played it cleaner.
That's my .02 on this issue.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Flint

Pro Bowler
Is Matthew Stafford a hall of famer? Is AD the best defensive player of all time?
Not even 24 hrs before we start with nonsense.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I want to see Matthew Stafford holding up the Lombardi instead of Kurt Warner. I want to remember AD manhandling Joe Burrows on 4th and 1, and seeing him point to his rings finger, instead of the Tackle by Mike Jones of Tyson. We have new iconic moments to celebrate, and a current STUD QB instead of Cardinal homer, Kurt Warner.

I love Kurt Warner and will forever respect him for what he did for the Rams. It was an incredible season that could only become the movie that it eventually did because it actually happened. But his continued bitterness toward the Rams - particularly when all the principals from that time such as Martz, Whoregia, Throat Slasher, etc. are gone - is really unbecoming an really beneath him. One of Warner's themes he kept repeating (and which was prominent in the movie) is that he just needed a chance. Well, it was the Rams franchise that gave him that chance, and while I certainly understand his bitterness at guys like Martz who were absolutely shitty to him, his continued bitterness with the franchise itself is simply beneath him.

In fact, why don't you be like Stafford, Kurt? Stafford has had nothing but good things to say about the Lions despite all the losing they did with him at the helm and all of their organizational dysfunction that led to a lot of miserable seasons. Or for that matter, Kurt could be like Goff as well. When Goff was asked if he was rooting for the Rams, his response was along the lines of "of course - I know a lot of guys there and want them to get a ring" (not an exact quote). Goff was also asked about Stafford, the guy who replaced him in what must have been something really tough to take, and Jared's response was "how can you not root for a guy like that?" Class all the way.

Time for you to show a little grace, Kurt, toward the franchise that gave you the chance that eluded you for so long and allowed you to break out into what you became.

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
I'm too hype and thrilled still to be in any type of negative talk or to feed into any narratives so I'll leave at this...

We can't change anyone's mind, imo, so arguing with somebody is pointless. We can, however, control what WE talk about or discuss. Forget anyones opinion that takes away from this very moment.. at least right now. One way to do away with these topics is to not talk about them ourselves.

We just won the f'n Superbowl!!! And it couldn't have happened to a better group of guys. What is there to be worried about right now, lol? We waited too long for another chance at this and our team f'n pulled it off!!! I'm sure we can find a different emotion or mood to tune into besides tiredeness, anger or an inability to enjoy this moment. Just my opinion, of course.

LET'S F'N GO, RAMS!!!!

jjab360

Legend
The "Rams threw away their future for a Superbowl" narrative is beyond tired.

Fans of everyone else just mad their teams care more about draft picks than winning.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Guys, haters gonna hate. Think about it this way. You know why people have a ton of hate for the pats? It's because they won 6 Superbowls.
The Rams have been the playoffs the last 4 of 5 years, been to two Superbowls, Superbowl champs, have 3rd most total wins last 5 seasons, I could go on all day. Fact is we're the best team in football right now and haters gonna hate.

We've arrived

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
And while we’re at it, I like Burrow, and he deserves most of his accolades.

Couple things though: coming out with no helmet was a little off-putting to me- don’t know why, except it seemed a bit look at me-ish.

But my main bitch is the Joe Cool narrative being spoon fed to us non fucking stop for months now. And it’s not undeserved.

But guess what - how is any QB cooler than Stafford. On the field.

(I get the shades and cigars), but Staff is the real Matty Ice, imo.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just thank god Taylor us from the McVay coaching tree and the BelI chick coaching tree….

Camera Spying GIF by tv2norge

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame

Couple things though: coming out with no helmet was a little off-putting to me- don’t know why, except it seemed a bit look at me-ish.

But my main bitch is the Joe Cool narrative being spoon fed to us non fucking stop for months now. And it’s not undeserved.

A really good point that was made today by a couple of pundits was that when Burrow had to put the game on his shoulders to win, he couldn’t get it done. In the other playoff games the D gave Burrow favorable field position. When he was at the 25 and had to make it happen, he couldn’t get it done.

Stafford got it done. That’s the difference - cool or not, Stafford got it done.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I thought the same thing. It seemed very douchey.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Branding and marketing. They need a 3rd QB to complete the new breed of Tommy, Peyton, and Ben to Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Joe Burrow. I have nothing against these 3 guys but the coverage annoys me more than anything.

Baby pudge face Matthew Stafford more known for Detroit aint that.