Coming Out of the Bye Week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Mike+Tolbert+St+Louis+Rams+v+Carolina+Panthers+EARnFBDSEYql.jpg

Starting to look forward to next weeks game, at home (finally,) against Carolina. Watching some of their game against Arizona, they seem to be playing well. I will caveat this because they've had two weeks to prepare for the Cardinals. With that said, I was thinking about our record coming off a bye week, and it's hasn't been very good. Over the past 5 years (4 with Fisher) we are 2-2-1. Below are the results of the last five years.

2016: Week 9 vs. Carolina
2015: Week 7 Win vs. Cleveland 24-6
2014: Week 5 Loss vs. Philadelphia 28-34
2013: Week 12 Win vs. Chicago 42-21
2012: Week 10 Tie vs. San Francisco 24-24
2011: Week 6 Loss vs. Green Bay 3-24

NFL stats show teams playing in Week 9, after their bye week, are 16-7 over the past five years, so that is a real positive going into next week. As it's been said in so many other threads, the next three games are extremely critical for this team getting things turned around after losing three very winnable games. We need to be at full strength next week, especially from a defensive perspective. I hope Tru, Brockers, Hayes, and Quinn are back at 100%. During the bye, we should have been able to get back to some basics, and work on all those little things that seem to derail us, at times, during a game. We need to get real physical with the Panthers next week, especially our O and D Lines. I can't stress enough how important it is to have a great day running the ball. We also need to get "S-Cam" Newton out of his game early and beat him up a bunch. I hope the Coliseum is rocking next Sunday. We need this win in a big way. It's time to make a run at the playoffs. No more excuses.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
2015:Week 7 Win vs. Cleveland 24-6
2014: Week 5 Loss vs. Philadelphia 28-34
2013: Week 12 Win vs. Chicago 42-21
2012: Week 10 Tie vs. San Francisco 24-24
This shows the Rams at 2-1-1 under Fisher after the Bye!!(y) That's OK in my book.