Come for Avila, stay for the entire offensive line

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Man.. if this is who Jackson and Avila are.. the Rams have absolutely scored. A starting LT who was a UDFA? And he's good????

Kudos to Noteboom.. better than expected and showed some nice aggression out there.

The Seahawks had 45 sacks last year.. the didn't get a single sack yesterday and barely touched Stafford. If this isn't a mirage, the offense is going to have a very good year.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man.. if this is who Jackson and Avila are.. the Rams have absolutely scored. A starting LT who was a UDFA? And he's good????

Kudos to Noteboom.. better than expected and showed some nice aggression out there.

The Seahawks had 45 sacks last year.. the didn't get a single sack yesterday and barely touched Stafford. If this isn't a mirage, the offense is going to have a very good year.
Really impressed with Jackson too yesterday.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very good in pass protection but it's and downs run blocking from the left side

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

View: https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL/status/1701246551799070854

Just fantastic pass sets from everyone.

Though as one very knowledgable poster here has pointed out, Havenstein can't pass block at all when uncovered. And that guy watches film. He says so.

The entire line was not good. Noteboom was bad.

I watched the game again and focused on Noteboom. He is a liability. He cannot handle power. He struggles with d-linemen doing a jab step and changing direction. He also struggled to find blocks on the move. He plays too high sometimes, gets too aggressive others and is too slow pulling. His footwork is not good. Hopefully he can improve since he hasn’t played guard for a while but it’s the same problems as before when he played guard. He did fine in support when assisting Havenstein or Shelton.

Watch the second half drive when Atwell catches the deep out. Joe looked befuddled. On the same drive he tries to second level block on Wagner without breaking down. Bobby just stops and swipes Noteboom who was lunging and he falls on his face.

If Bosa stunts inside he will wreck Noteboom next week.

Last edited:

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
The entire line was not good

I watched the game again and focused on Noteboom. He is a liability. He cannot handle power. He struggles with d-linemen doing a jab step and changing direction. He also struggled to find blocks on the move. He plays too high sometimes, gets too aggressive others and is too slow pulling. His footwork is not good. Hopefully he can improve since he hasn’t played guard for a while but it’s the same problems as before when he played guard. He did fine in support when assisting Havenstein or Shelton.

Watch the second half drive when Atwell catches the deep out. Joe looked befuddled. On the same drive he tries to second level block on Wagner without breaking down. Bobby just stops and swipes Noteboom who was lunging and he falls on his face.

Basically he still needs to work on his run blocking as expected. His pass blocking was good not great, but pass blocking at RG is totally different than at LT, so I’m more confident he’ll get better at Pass blocking, it’s the run blocking I’m concerned with.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

I appreciate the detail.. maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I feel decent after one week that he's not close to being a disaster.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Define "good" in reference to the entire Oline if you will. Cause if I'm using the dictionary definition... I'm befuddled by your opinion.

Noteboom has definite work to do but I thought he was above average in pass pro and average to below average in run blocking. And if that's the case, I wouldn't call that bad.

If we want to talk bad, we can bring up clips from our replacements from last year.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
With all the OTs getting season ending injuries don’t be surprised if a few teams check about trading for Noteboom. I want either an edge rusher or backup ILB in return if that happens.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
With all the OTs getting season ending injuries don’t be surprised if a few teams check about trading for Noteboom. I want either an edge rusher or backup ILB in return if that happens.
Chandler Jones

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Can only hope.... would be great to get rid of that contract.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Nobody is giving up a good pass rusher for a subpar and overpaid OLT with an injury history.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Define "good" in reference to the entire Oline if you will. Cause if I'm using the dictionary definition... I'm befuddled by your opinion.

Noteboom has definite work to do but I thought he was above average in pass pro and average to below average in run blocking. And if that's the case, I wouldn't call that bad.

If we want to talk bad, we can bring up clips from our replacements from last year.
You had to look up the word good? Come on man.

Noteboom was far from good. He was on skates when he was one on one. He did fine in the support roll when pass blocking but too many times he’d end up facing the wrong way.

They need better play at ORG. For years we heard great things about Anchrum. If Joe is the better of the two, then all of that Anchrum talk must have been coachspeak. I’d like to see Anchrum get a chance on Sunday to see if he can do any better.
My get played Thomas at left guard some in the preseason. I’d love to see him get a shot at ORG. That performance by Noteboom can’t be the best they’ve got to offer.

Please. Watch the game again and just watch Joe on every play. You will see what I mean.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
Our run blocking was pretty terrible. The Seahawks have a weakness against the run and we couldn’t run at all. I think we have figured out our left side but the right side of our line is lacking.

WestCoastRam

Legend
You had to look up the word good? Come on man.

Noteboom was far from good. He was on skates when he was one on one. He did fine in the support roll when pass blocking but too many times he’d end up facing the wrong way.

They need better play at ORG. For years we heard great things about Anchrum. If Joe is the better of the two, then all of that Anchrum talk must have been coachspeak. I’d like to see Anchrum get a chance on Sunday to see if he can do any better.
My get played Thomas at left guard some in the preseason. I’d love to see him get a shot at ORG. That performance by Noteboom can’t be the best they’ve got to offer.

Please. Watch the game again and just watch Joe on every play. You will see what I mean.

Perhaps I could have been clearer. My first sentence was in reference to your comment that the entire oline wasn't good. I don't understand it.

The rest of the post was in reference to your comments about Noteboom.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Yeah the Shitters will run that outside-in stunt to Joe over and over. I am sure the Rams will prep him hard for it but even with that he's gonna need to keep his feet under him because when it's Bosa running it he arrives with movement and power.

But on the plus side if Joe at RG is our weakest link... We are in a good spot. And keeping balance with at least calling run plays should help with that. Stunts can create big holes in the run game so I'd have a couple outside hitters ready for Williams to use on third down. Maybe even run them as draws depending on how quickly they're getting upfield.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Perhaps I could have been clearer. My first sentence was in reference to your comment that the entire oline wasn't good. I don't understand it.

The rest of the post was in reference to your comments about Noteboom.
Ah. Yes that probably doesn’t come across the same in writing as it did in my head.

The post I replied to said that the entire line played well. What I should have said is ‘the entire line played well with the exception of Noteboom.’