Colts sign Kelletron

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
COMMENTARY | The Indianapolis Colts signed another player to a reserve/future contract on Jan. 30, securing the services of wide receiver Jeremy Kelley and once again checking out a prospect with experience in arena football.

Kelley is a [hil]6-foot-6, 230-pound receiver[/hil] out of Maine was assigned to the Jacksonville Sharks of the Arena Football League on Nov. 13, 2012, after playing for the AFL's Utah Blaze in 2012 and spending 2011 with the CFL's Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

"Reaching the NFL is a goal of every player in our league, and Jeremy has accomplished that goal," Sharks head coach Les Moss said through a press release. "He is a player with the tools to succeed at the next level, and we wish him the best of luck in Indianapolis."

The 2013 AFL season begins in March, so Kelley hasn't suited up for the Sharks yet, but in eight games with the Blaze, he caught 19 passes for 231 yards and seven touchdowns. On defense, he recorded five tackles, two assists and a fumble recovery.

More: <a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/news/indianapolis-colts-sign-enormous-wide-receiver-213200579--nfl.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/news/indianapol ... --nfl.html</a>

nittany ram

Rookie
X said:
COMMENTARY | The Indianapolis Colts signed another player to a reserve/future contract on Jan. 30, securing the services of wide receiver Jeremy Kelley and once again checking out a prospect with experience in arena football.

Kelley is a [hil]6-foot-6, 230-pound receiver[/hil] out of Maine was assigned to the Jacksonville Sharks of the Arena Football League on Nov. 13, 2012, after playing for the AFL's Utah Blaze in 2012 and spending 2011 with the CFL's Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

"Reaching the NFL is a goal of every player in our league, and Jeremy has accomplished that goal," Sharks head coach Les Moss said through a press release. "He is a player with the tools to succeed at the next level, and we wish him the best of luck in Indianapolis."

The 2013 AFL season begins in March, so Kelley hasn't suited up for the Sharks yet, but in eight games with the Blaze, he caught 19 passes for 231 yards and seven touchdowns. On defense, he recorded five tackles, two assists and a fumble recovery.

More: <a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/news/indianapolis-colts-sign-enormous-wide-receiver-213200579--nfl.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/news/indianapol ... --nfl.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh for chrissakes...

There's NO way an Arena football player could ever make it in the NFL.

<tongue planted firmly in cheek>

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:

More: <a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/news/indianapolis-colts-sign-enormous-wide-receiver-213200579--nfl.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/news/indianapol ... --nfl.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Okay Jeremy, we have designed this special play for you... "Run out to there. Stop. Turn around. Catch the high fastball coming your way". That's all you need to know son.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
X said:

More: <a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/news/indianapolis-colts-sign-enormous-wide-receiver-213200579--nfl.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/news/indianapol ... --nfl.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Okay Jeremy, we have designed this special play for you... [hil]"Run out to there. Stop. Turn around. Catch the high fastball coming your way"[/hil]. That's all you need to know son.
Which is, in all honesty, something that we should have done more with Brian Quick. He needed more exposure last year to get him ready to play big boy football. We saw that he did progress late in the season. We saw some bad stuff in the middle of the season, and we saw some big-time plays late in the season. You can't be consistent without opportunity. We knew he was raw, he was what we thought he was, but I wish I saw more reps, and more, "Hey Quick, go out and catch this one at that marker, and make sure you win the ball".

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:

More: <a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/news/indianapolis-colts-sign-enormous-wide-receiver-213200579--nfl.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/news/indianapol ... --nfl.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Okay Jeremy, we have designed this special play for you... [hil]"Run out to there. Stop. Turn around. Catch the high fastball coming your way"[/hil]. That's all you need to know son.
Which is, in all honesty, something that we should have done more with Brian Quick. He needed more exposure last year to get him ready to play big boy football. We saw that he did progress late in the season. We saw some bad stuff in the middle of the season, and we saw some big-time plays late in the season. You can't be consistent without opportunity. We knew he was raw, he was what we thought he was, but I wish I saw more reps, and more, "Hey Quick, go out and catch this one at that marker, and make sure you win the ball".

I think there was far more good coaching than bad coaching in 2012... but Quick could have been used more situationally.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I'm not an NFL coach. I've got zero football experience outside of my fandom... but it seems to me a little more effort could have gone into specific plays for Brian Quick.

We all have opinions. That's mine.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
I think there was far more good coaching than bad coaching in 2012... but Quick could have been used more situationally.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I'm not an NFL coach. I've got zero football experience outside of my fandom... but it seems to me a little more effort could have gone into specific plays for Brian Quick.

Maybe you'd like to ask "someone" about that. Since "someone" is going to be here likely tomorrow.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

Maybe you'd like to ask "someone" about that. Since "someone" is going to be here likely tomorrow.
I really wasn't complaining about the coaches. I bet they would probably tell us that they meant to use him more, and situationally, they just didn't get the chance or forgot. You should ask KD, I already used my allotment. :tooth:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

I really wasn't complaining about the coaches. I bet they would probably tell us that they meant to use him more, and situationally, they just didn't get the chance or forgot. You should ask KD, I already used my allotment. :tooth:
I know you weren't complaining about the coaches. And I think someone already broached the subject. You and I both saw the play early on in the season in which Quick watched a floater land in the hands of a DB, didn't even TRY to fight for it, and then just stood there like his job was done after it was intercepted. That likely hurt his chances of returning to any subsequent games until his mind was set right. They did have some plays for him, but unless he was going to give 100%, they weren't even going to use *those*.

He got integrated into games later on in the season (as we all saw), and that was kinda hit and miss. Some great plays, and some half-ass efforts. Dude is about as raw as raw gets, and I think he got hit with a heavy dose of realism when he saw the level of competition up here. Hopefully a full off-season with a ton of reps gets him ready to bring it this year. We need his big ass.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

I know you weren't complaining about the coaches. And I think someone already broached the subject. You and I both saw the play early on in the season in which Quick watched a floater land in the hands of a DB, didn't even TRY to fight for it, and then just stood there like his job was done after it was intercepted. That likely hurt his chances of returning to any subsequent games until his mind was set right. They did have some plays for him, but unless he was going to give 100%, they weren't even going to use *those*.

He got integrated into games later on in the season (as we all saw), and that was kinda hit and miss. Some great plays, and some half-ass efforts. Dude is about as raw as raw gets, and I think he got hit with a heavy dose of realism when he saw the level of competition up here. Hopefully a full off-season with a ton of reps gets him ready to bring it this year. We need his big ass.
I really, truly think he will be a good to very good player though. I really like our whole FO, I feel lucky to have them.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Nicely placed Doc.. I feel the same and there's something intriguing about Quick. I've had that sense since he was drafted and learn more about him. Very similar to the surprise Donnie Avery...I still hold value to him regardless of what the "experts" define him as.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
BatteringRambo said:
I feel the same and there's something intriguing about Quick.
quick.gif