Colin Cowherd TOP 10 after Week 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
This week's Herd Hierarchy has LA sitting at #1, with all four NFC West teams in the top 10. :explode1:

Will post when it comes available...

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
This week Colin is the smart, well informed analysts. One of the few? ;)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I watched a bit of the week one games was curious about Arizona and Seattle and have to say Seattle looks downright nasty with Carson healthy and in the backfield. Also have to admit Arizona has improved though I still think their secondary will hold them back.

In this moment it looks like LA and Seattle have the best rosters. SF with the loss of Verrett drops out of that group IMO, I expect them to have trouble with the division since all these teams have strong passing games. There's a chance their front compensates but law of averages says at some point their depth will cost them.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I watched a bit of the week one games was curious about Arizona and Seattle and have to say Seattle looks downright nasty with Carson healthy and in the backfield. Also have to admit Arizona has improved though I still think their secondary will hold them back.

In this moment it looks like LA and Seattle have the best rosters. SF with the loss of Verrett drops out of that group IMO, I expect them to have trouble with the division since all these teams have strong passing games. There's a chance their front compensates but law of averages says at some point their depth will cost them.

Before the season I was looking at it like this:

All four teams improved but who improved more than others? I was of the mind that Seattle was the least-improved of the four. But then, I guess, when Russell Wilson does the things that Russell Wilson does maybe that doesn't matter...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Before the season I was looking at it like this:

All four teams improved but who improved more than others? I was of the mind that Seattle was the least-improved of the four. But then, I guess, when Russell Wilson does the things that Russell Wilson does maybe that doesn't matter...
Yeah Wilson is a Hall of Fame QB. He's a gamer. Only way to beat him is contain him in the pocket and confuse pre-snap looks. But with them running our offense he's getting moved around and the scheme makes him more dangerous. We've always had our way with him but this particular season I think he's going to give us problems. Morris isn't trying to disguise looks first off, just going off what I am seeing which is difficult without All 22 but we're gonna be in a lot more Cover 2 than last season IMO.

But also he's got a monster in Metcalf who is maturing. And man Carson looks good in that run game. They are going to give us trouble. Rams/Seahawks games are going to be shootouts this year.

Tano

Legend
Carson is hurt again

jjab360

Legend
This week Colin is the smart, well informed analysts. One of the few? ;)
Maybe... except prior to the game he went on a rent about how Stafford wasn't that much better than Goff because Vegas says so and he "always trusts Vegas". What an odd statement to make with a straight face lol

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jesus fuck. I hate when the Rams are the hot team in the media but I suppose it can't be helped.

Denver is too high. QB will bite them in the ass.

Chargers are for real.

Not having the Saints in the top ten is an enormous omission. What they just did to Green Bay cannot be overlooked. QB is a question for them, yes, but he's also a QB who has thrown for 5k yards. With that defense... They need to be in the top ten.

dang

Legend
Jesus fuck. I hate when the Rams are the hot team in the media but I suppose it can't be helped.

Denver is too high. QB will bite them in the ass.

Chargers are for real.

Not having the Saints in the top ten is an enormous omission. What they just did to Green Bay cannot be overlooked. QB is a question for them, yes, but he's also a QB who has thrown for 5k yards. With that defense... They need to be in the top ten.
I agree it’s too early. Maybe by mid season but this early feels like a jinx.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I agree it’s too early. Maybe by mid season but this early feels like a jinx.
No such things as Jinx's @dang

It's will, determination, good health and talent.

By way the Rams currently are not ranked in the top 3 by most NFL media pundits.

This years Rams are not sneaking in under the Radar. Stafford blew that out of the water Sunday Night!

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Sports illustrated also have us at the #1 spot.
All I can say is get used to it. We're rolling the colts and if we
Take down Brady, we will be the toast of the media world.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
It was only a matter of time, but now and until we win a playoff game, we will here yea yea he is winning in the regular season. Big deal. He hasn't won a playoff game.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watched the Sehawks/Colts game this morning. I wanted to see what the Colts have as well since they are next up.

The Seahawk D seemed to be stout against the run. I do not know if the offensive line of the Colts is good or bad, but I'm going to guess bad since Wentz looked as if he didn't have a lot of time at all. Wentz always holds on to the ball too much nd it looked like he was working on getting it out quicker. The Colts had over 100 yards of the ground, but Taylor just got 56 from scrimmage. He ws really fighting for those 56 too.

I think that the Colt's o line is definitely be challenged by our front. Taylor is really fiesty and changes direction well to find the hole. Their secondary is going to have a couple of lapses like Chicago did. If the Rams focus and can contain the run, I think they will be successful in applying preassure on Wentz and disrupting playes. Going for it on fourth down twice in the second half didn't help out their cause either. Carson got 91 yards on the ground. We'll need more than Henderson on this one.

Shane Waldron is definitely McVay Ultra. He is giving Carroll what he wants in the run game, but he is sprinkling in play actions, screens, sweeps, and misdirections. I actually was kind of impressed thaat he had those ready week one. Pretty much fuck the Seahawks though, and I think we will be ready for them. Those long "timing" routs that Seahawk Smurf throws up to his receivers are crazy. That doesn't seem to work against us , but it's stil a concern. Gerald Everrett looked good. I wish he was still Ram.

jjab360

Legend
That Chad Pennington fact at the end of the video was so random but somehow interesting lol, I forgot all about that guy

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah Wilson is a Hall of Fame QB. He's a gamer. Only way to beat him is contain him in the pocket and confuse pre-snap looks. But with them running our offense he's getting moved around and the scheme makes him more dangerous. We've always had our way with him but this particular season I think he's going to give us problems. Morris isn't trying to disguise looks first off, just going off what I am seeing which is difficult without All 22 but we're gonna be in a lot more Cover 2 than last season IMO.

But also he's got a monster in Metcalf who is maturing. And man Carson looks good in that run game. They are going to give us trouble. Rams/Seahawks games are going to be shootouts this year.
8GwRLxD.jpg