Coldplay to perform at Super Bowl halftime

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/03/report-coldplay-to-perform-at-super-bowl-halftime/

Report: Coldplay to perform at Super Bowl halftime
Posted by Josh Alper on December 3, 2015

498356804-e1449176331602.jpg
Getty Images

The NFL is going to announce one of the musical acts taking part in this year’s Super Bowl halftime show during Thursday night’s game between the Lions and Packers, but a report from the Wall Street Journal may have stolen some of their thunder on Thursday afternoon.

The Journal reports that Coldplay will headline the show, which the league says will be “honoring the past, recognizing the present and looking ahead to the next 50 years.” Per the report, the band will be releasing a new album on Friday and that they are likely to put tickets on sale for a tour after playing during the widely watched halftime festivities.

That new album features an appearance by Beyonce and the report includes a note that she is “is in talks to make a guest appearance” in Santa Clara. She headlined the halftime show in New Orleans during Super Bowl 47, although memories of her performance aren’t quite as vivid as memories of the building going dark due to a power outage in the third quarter.

Earlier reports indicated that Bruno Mars, who played at halftime of Super Bowl 48, would be involved in this year’s halftime show as well.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtXby3twMmI

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/03/report-coldplay-to-perform-at-super-bowl-halftime/

Report: Coldplay to perform at Super Bowl halftime
Posted by Josh Alper on December 3, 2015

498356804-e1449176331602.jpg
Getty Images

The NFL is going to announce one of the musical acts taking part in this year’s Super Bowl halftime show during Thursday night’s game between the Lions and Packers, but a report from the Wall Street Journal may have stolen some of their thunder on Thursday afternoon.

The Journal reports that Coldplay will headline the show, which the league says will be “honoring the past, recognizing the present and looking ahead to the next 50 years.” Per the report, the band will be releasing a new album on Friday and that they are likely to put tickets on sale for a tour after playing during the widely watched halftime festivities.

That new album features an appearance by Beyonce and the report includes a note that she is “is in talks to make a guest appearance” in Santa Clara. She headlined the halftime show in New Orleans during Super Bowl 47, although memories of her performance aren’t quite as vivid as memories of the building going dark due to a power outage in the third quarter.

Earlier reports indicated that Bruno Mars, who played at halftime of Super Bowl 48, would be involved in this year’s halftime show as well.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtXby3twMmI

I'll be choreographing Dancers for the show!!

Dancing Ape.gif

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Good. I usually need a nap at that point due to high concentrations of beer and meat.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Really? I can't say I've ever gone out of my way to listen to anything from Coldplay, but I certainly like them better than bubblegum pop.

Actually this is a lot of fun. Because now I can turn up the TV loud and give my wife nowhere to escape while I listen to what I knows grates here nerves. Payback.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

No offense meant to anyone, just the first thing that came to mind. If anyone is offended, hit me up and i'll remove it.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
LOL, I don't care. I'm just glad it's not more ...
BubbleGumBook_copy.jpg

Bonus that my wife hates Cold Play with a passion.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why do they have a fake ape on stage?

Mocking Bruce Arians? :sneaky: That's Fisher behind the fence.

Juurl8K.gif

Btw I saw ZZ Top when they had real animals on stage with them. Now that was a show. Wish they could play instead.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Mocking Bruce Arians? :sneaky: That's Fisher behind the fence.

Juurl8K.gif

Btw I saw ZZ Top when they had real animals on stage with them. Now that was a show. Wish they could play instead.

How could you tell the difference between the band and the animals? ;)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How could you tell the difference between the band and the animals? ;)

As I recall the animals didn't have beards, although the buffalo did have a goatee of sorts. Btw the vultures were not amused by the volume of the music. Ted Nugent was the opening act and swung across the stage like Tarzan. He had a loincloth on. Good old Uncle Ted. :rockon:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
As I recall the animals didn't have beards, although the buffalo did have a goatee of sorts. Btw the vultures were not amused by the volume of the music. Ted Nugent was the opening act and swung across the stage like Tarzan. He had a loincloth on. Good old Uncle Ted. :rockon:

I'm surprised that Ted didn't bag and tag some of the animals. :wabbit:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Oof, that's terribly boring. I sit here still wondering how AC/DC hasn't ever played. It's almost like they play Thunderstruck at every football game ever, but deny the band exists.

Or GNR with the reunion forming up. That would kill!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like Coldplay.

Super Bowl performers are usually appealing to the masses. CP is pretty down the middle.