Coaching matters, huh? Lol...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
From Tomsula to Chip Kelly was night and day for the Niners.

From league doormat in '15 to a team that simply abused the Rams for 60 minutes in front of a MNF audience.

We've all seen this movie before, huh?

We were outplayed by a country mile last night.

We were out coached by a country mile, too.

A very bad combination, indeed.

They quickly made us one dimensional. And a one dimensional team is really a no dimensional team, isn't it?

Hard for this old Ram fan to watch.

Shoulda replaced Fisher at the end of last season. Now, it's too late. We're in no man's land now HC wise for '16. Damned if we make a change, damned if we don't.

The frustrating thing? I know that there's real talent on this roster. A lot of it. Yet they are sputtering with fits and starts. Almost to a man and from top to bottom.

That's coaching, y'all...

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
As annoying as it was to listen to Steve Young - he was absolutely right.

They didn't respect the passing game a bit - and had no reason to.

The offensive game plan was the kind of thing that will made fun of in football circles for decades to come. Last nights game was the biggest indictment of the Fisher regime that could have possibly been.

And lets not lose this little nugget - the 49ers are going to stink this year.

The only silver lining is that this may be the beginning of the end for Fisher ball. You would hope that the talent on this team - especially with Goff on the roster - and getting ready to move into a top of the line facility will be enough to recruit top talent when we begin our next coaching search - and hopefully that is beginning right about now.

I don't have a whole lot of respect for Stan K as it is, but every day between now and Fisher getting fired, I will lose a little bit of the respect that I do have.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
"They" didn't make us one-dimensional, the Rams did by naming Keenum their starting QB. Sorry but there's very little credit to the 49ers in this one, they just needed to have enough guys on the field to not forfeit while the Rams sucked ass.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Been saying that the Chip Kelly fallout was overdone. The guy failed miserably with his GM stint, but as a coach he has demonstrated an ability to field an aggressive offense that puts up points.

That said, obviously there is still no excuse for Fish and his merry band of retards in being outcoached, outschemed, and beaten so badly in this game. IMO the Rams now have the worst staff in this division. All it took for the 9ers to jump back ahead of us was a one year stint with the type of coach we have now... Defensive minded, overly conservative coach who is not up to snuff. With Kelly in there we are probably going to be looking up at them now, too.

What Stan needs to do is Fire Jeff Fisher now and put it out there that the Rams will have a new coach after the season is over. Let that marinate. Give whichever coach on your staff you like the temp job to ride out the season. That way as an owner you can talk with a guy like Saban, or Shanahan, or whomever you desire that is not currently on an NFL staff. Get things all set up to fill this job and whoever you choose will have time to make this team his own by the time the stadium is built.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boy... I remember years ago... some fellow saying "coaching matters".

Of course, it was because the Rams were not good at all.

Eventually, that coach was relieved of his duties.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Boy... I remember years ago... some fellow saying "coaching matters".

Of course, it was because the Rams were not good at all.

Eventually, that coach was relieved of his duties.

Coaching does matter and Fisher has not gotten the job done. And like your personal friend Steve Spags, Fisher probably needs to be relieved of his if this continues.

You never like Fisher.....got to give you credit there but hanging your hat on Spags is not exactly right either lol.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I just don't understand why Fisher is okay with having an attacking D that occasionally gives up big plays for points, but refuses to have an attacking O that goes 3 and out. I wonder how Greg Williams would run this team.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Coaching does matter and Fisher has not gotten the job done. And like your personal friend Steve Spags, Fisher probably needs to be relieved of his if this continues.

You never like Fisher.....got to give you credit there but hanging your hat on Spags is not exactly right either lol.
Yeah, those were fun days, eh? :)

Back then, I think you'd agree that the talent level was really, really bad. So, when you have a lousy roster, even a good coach isn't going to get very far (not that Spags was a good coach... he seems to have gotten a nice talent infusion for his current defense... maybe he can make that work).

The current Rams team appears to have a lot of talent... when a team like that continues to lose? Yes, coaching matters! ;)

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Yeah, those were fun days, eh? :)

Back then, I think you'd agree that the talent level was really, really bad. So, when you have a lousy roster, even a good coach isn't going to get very far (not that Spags was a good coach... he seems to have gotten a nice talent infusion for his current defense... maybe he can make that work).

The current Rams team appears to have a lot of talent... when a team like that continues to lose? Yes, coaching matters! ;)

Agreed

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
There were many of us calling for FIsher's head LAST season. To have a new coach AND make the move out to L.A. would have been rough... I think that's a big reason why they didn't shitcan his ass last season. At least I hope that's the case.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
TL;DR:

Fisher sucks, right?

Awesome.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
"They" didn't make us one-dimensional, the Rams did by naming Keenum their starting QB. Sorry but there's very little credit to the 49ers in this one, they just needed to have enough guys on the field to not forfeit while the Rams sucked ass.

Lol, another team the Rams give a false sense of accomplishment. Now they think they have this great team only to find it was the opponent, not them. They'll be back to normal next game.