Coach O Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
LazyWinker hoping the Rams will sign me up at QB to replace Foles:
I like McLeod because he's a hard worker, though not a pro bowler he's a starting caliber safety, and he's willing to contribute on Special Teams. If someone better comes around, great, if not McLeod is going to give you all he's got.
I'd give all I've got too but I don't think you'd be happy with the result. :LOL: Reynolds gives the same effort but we don't start him at RB do we?

McLeod is OK at S but he has shown, so far, that he can't play centerfield and that's what we've needed ever since Snisher got here. He makes some highlight tackles but blows so many more. I'd rather have a solid tackler. He may be a starting caliber S but he isn't a starting caliber FS and that's what we need IMO. Or, at least that's what we've needed in the past. Maybe Williams will find a scheme that takes advantage of McLeod's strengths and minimizes his weaknesses. Maybe McLeod will improve in that area. I hope so.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Thanks for the great report Coach O! I'd be worried of the OL was stout against the D at this point, but it needs to gel sooner than later.

FRO

Legend
Thanks for the great report Coach O! I'd be worried of the OL was stout against the D at this point, but it needs to gel sooner than later.
Yeah if the rookie linemen were stopping this defensive line this early I would be concerned about the defense. I think the first 4 weeks of the regular season will be a struggle for the line and they will start to gel after that. It's going to be a long hard process.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Re some of the points made - I'm not overly concerned with what Coach has seen in Foles. Its early, early days yet. If he's hanging on the ball looking like he can't process the D by week 3 of pre-season then I'll get a bit concerned. Also factor in our inexperienced line facing one of the greatest and most aggresive D's in all of football.
really hope you're right.

VinnyRam

UDFA
I'd give all I've got too but I don't think you'd be happy with the result. :LOL: Reynolds gives the same effort but we don't start him at RB do we?

McLeod is OK at S but he has shown, so far, that he can't play centerfield and that's what we've needed ever since Snisher got here. He makes some highlight tackles but blows so many more. I'd rather have a solid tackler. He may be a starting caliber S but he isn't a starting caliber FS and that's what we need IMO. Or, at least that's what we've needed in the past. Maybe Williams will find a scheme that takes advantage of McLeod's strengths and minimizes his weaknesses. Maybe McLeod will improve in that area. I hope so.

I was at a couple games last year and thought McLeod played great centerfield. He slid to one side of the field early and even faked Peyton Manning out to go to the other side and McLeod read it all the way and unloaded on the receiver. He did this a couple times in the Denver game and played the best safety I have seen in a long time. I think he keeps getting better and is pretty darn good myself.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I was at a couple games last year and thought McLeod played great centerfield. He slid to one side of the field early and even faked Peyton Manning out to go to the other side and McLeod read it all the way and unloaded on the receiver. He did this a couple times in the Denver game and played the best safety I have seen in a long time. I think he keeps getting better and is pretty darn good myself.

I was your first like. Worship me.

Funny-GIF-2.jpg

I also agree with everything you said

Alan

Legend
VinnyRam loving him some McLeod:
I think he keeps getting better
I can't respond intelligently about your observations at the Bronco game because I only saw what the network decided to show me. I will comment about what I have seen and it goes to your last sentence. I have seen him make good plays. I've even seen him make good plays when tasked with playing as our deep safety but not on a consistent basis. Conversely, I've seen him screw up repeatedly (last two years combined). I'll pose a rhetorical for you that sums up my view point. If you're tasked to be the last line of defense and you are leading the team in blown tackles (and it's a high percentage and a high total), how can you be doing a good job at that?

What I will say and agree with you about (always good to end on a point of agreement eh? :)) is that he's getting better. He'd have to improve a lot from last year for me to say he's acceptable though.

Last edited:

ram007

Starter
Re some of the points made - I'm not overly concerned with what Coach has seen in Foles. Its early, early days yet. If he's hanging on the ball looking like he can't process the D by week 3 of pre-season then I'll get a bit concerned. Also factor in our inexperienced line facing one of the greatest and most aggresive D's in all of football.

Don't read below, if you are drinking kool-aid

If Nick Foles is holding onto ball too long and foot work is an issue entering his fourth season, it is a problem that will continue beyond the 3rd pre season game. Not a good sign with first year OC calling plays.

If the offense is not ready to play the first 4 games, we can write off this year too. Really tense times.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Don't read below, if you are drinking kool-aid

If Nick Foles is holding onto ball too long and foot work is an issue entering his fourth season, it is a problem that will continue beyond the 3rd pre season game. Not a good sign with first year OC calling plays.

If the offense is not ready to play the first 4 games, we can write off this year too. Really tense times.

I fear you might well be right....

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

I must admit, I am concerned.