Clowney Vs Lewan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I know there are a lot of fans of both players. Here's a game from a while ago going against each other.
I like Clowney, but not at #2. Watching this really doesn't change my opinion. Clowney just doesn't stand out that much (on this particular day). If we didn't already have a really strong DL I might feel otherwise. But I just think OL is a much greater need for us. JMO.

Alan

Legend
Is that the 2012 Clowney or the 2013 version? I want no part of him.

V3

Hall of Fame
The thing the stuck out to me was that some plays he looked fast and powerful and then others he looked like he was jogging or just gave up when he shouldn't have. That screams effort issues to me. Perhaps the right coach or veteran leadership can get that out of him at the next level?

I don't see him as a safe pick(if that's what you're looking for). To me, he's either boom or bust.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was last year (his good year) and yeah, I see some plays that he's not even doing much.

Not saying he won't be a good player but I think unless you can trade down and get him, no way.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
I reckon that Clowney needs to slip down the first round. If he goes top two, he'll probably get lazy. If he goes later, he'll have a point to prove and play with a chip on his shoulder.

PhxRam

I reckon that Clowney needs to slip down the first round. If he goes top two, he'll probably get lazy. If he goes later, he'll have a point to prove and play with a chip on his shoulder.

Do you think he has that drive to be the best, or do you think he is content that he made it to the dance?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Do you think he has that drive to be the best, or do you think he is content that he made it to the dance?

I know it wasn't addressed to me but I think just based on what you can actually see he gets a little content. Kinda like I know I'm good so I don't have to work that hard.
In the NFL that will bite him in the ass real quick. If he worked like C. Long he could be flat out great.
But thus far I don't see it. Hence, picking him scares the hell out of me.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
guessing 2013, says 2013 bowl

That was last year. That was the game where the big hit happened. SC played Wisconsin this year in their bowl game.

PhxRam

You know you are pretty damn special when you have all these concerns surrounding you , yet are still projected to be in the top 5 players selected in the draft.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
I don't know the kid, so I couldn't possibly second guess what kind of drive he has. I suspect, though, that slipping down the board would light a fire under his butt.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
That was last year. That was the game where the big hit happened. SC played Wisconsin this year in their bowl game.

That's a little bit of the irony here. Everyone remembers that huge hit...How about the rest of the game...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a little bit of the irony here. Everyone remembers that huge hit...How about the rest of the game...

A couple other tackles in the back-field or around the LOS, clear holding that was called on a play when Clowney would have sacked the QB and Lewan got away with a few things that should have been called. Not a bad day.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I don't doubt his talent, never have. But I just personally don't think we have the luxury of taking him #2 with the needs we have.
Now if he ends up in the HOF I'll feel like an idiot. :wow: