Cleveland's Trent Richardson faces suit for assault

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
From USA TODAY

CLEVELAND (AP) — Cleveland Browns running back Trent Richardson has been sued by two women who say they were assaulted at his home last year.

The lawsuit by Krystal Jones of Maple Heights and Kathleen Hunter of Cleveland was filed Friday in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court, their lawyer told ThePlain Dealer of Cleveland. Richardson's brother, Terrell; his girlfriend, Sevina Fatu; and two other women also were named in the suit.

According to the complaint, the women were celebrating a Browns victory with Trent Richardson and others at a night club on Dec. 6 and were later invited back to Richardson's home in Columbia Station. Not long after they arrived at his home, the women were asked to leave, the complaint said.

The women say they exited the house and were able to get in a vehicle when Richardson emerged from the house, cursing them for slamming a door and saying they "disrespected his house."

Richardson then banged on the hood of Jones' vehicle, causing damage of more than $1,500, the lawsuit said. He then urged his girlfriend to attack the plaintiffs, according to the lawsuit.

Fatu and the two other female defendants began hitting and kicking Hunter with Richardson's encouragement, the complaint said. The women then turned the attack on Jones, the lawsuit said.

"Defendant, Trent Richardson and Defendant, Terrell Richardson by their physical presence, their actions and verbalized urging, lent support and encouragement" to the defendants, the lawsuit said.

Jones and Hunter suffered lacerations and bruises on their face and body and eye injuries, according to the lawsuit. The women want the plaintiffs to pay for their medical treatment, property damages and attorney fees. They're also seeking punitive damages.

Browns spokesman Neal Gulkis told the newspaper the team was "aware of the situation," but he declined to comment further. The Associated Press left a message seeking comment from Richardson's agent, Jimmy Sexton, on Saturday night.

Richardson, who played college ball at Alabama, was the third pick in the 2012 NFL draft.

<a class="postlink" href="http://usat.ly/103XBBb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://usat.ly/103XBBb</a>

Get USA TODAY on your mobile device:http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Re: Trent Richardson faces suit for assault

Shit, that scared the hell outta me.

For a split second there, I read "Daryl Richardson."

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Girls fights are the worst ,cows charge with their eyes open bulls withthtie eyes shut, somethin' hormonal ,all I can say is thank God we're bigger cuz they are definately meaner.

Lesson

Oh, really?

The Dude said:
shyte, that scared the hell outta me.

I was on ESPN.com earlier and I had the same thought originally.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

The Dude said:

Ha! Okay; I've modified the title!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

CGI_Ram said:
The Dude said:

Ha! Okay; I've modified the title!
Aw, you didn't have to do that.
That was just my dyslexia rearing its ugly head again. :p

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
There's something fishy about this story. So allegedly these two women were assaulted, they contacted the police who did not make an arrest. If there was any evidence (bruises or something similar) the police would have likely at least questioned the parties. Then suddenly out the blue three and half months later they decide to sue.

It seems like a money grab to me.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
brokeu91 said:
There's something fishy about this story. So allegedly these two women were assaulted, they contacted the police who did not make an arrest. If there was any evidence (bruises or something similar) the police would have likely at least questioned the parties. Then suddenly out the blue three and half months later they decide to sue.

It seems like a money grab to me.

I thought that, but star struck cops let shizzle go sometimes,the two girls were likeley skanks ,inarticulate "oh no you di ant types" who yeah probably were stepping on toes yada ,yada, alcohol involved.Cops try to stay away from making arrests on private property if there wasn't gun play and he said she said circumstances.

It'll probably be settled OOC and they'l get their car repaired a few K to but some crack with rinse and repeat.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB

Thordaddy said:
Girls fights are the worst ,cows charge with their eyes open bulls withthtie eyes shut, somethin' hormonal ,all I can say is thank God we're bigger cuz they are definately meaner.

Preach!

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Lesson said:
The Dude said:

I was on ESPN.com earlier and I had the same thought originally.

Me too guys! :oops: