Cleveland Loses Hillis, Bucs sign Wright...implications.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Does that mean the Richardson will be high on their radar? That could certainly allow Blackmon to fall to us. Plus the Bucs signed a corner, they still need a corner, but Richardson is high on their radar already. I like it either way.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think Richardson should be their pick. They need WR as well, but I feel that an every down back would help McCoy far more than a WR would at this point. They need someone who can take the load off of McCoy's shoulders.

We'll see what happens, maybe they'll get someone in FA (but who?) but if I was the Browns Richardson would be my first choice.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
bluecoconuts said:
I think Richardson should be their pick. They need WR as well, but I feel that an every down back would help McCoy far more than a WR would at this point. They need someone who can take the load off of McCoy's shoulders.

We'll see what happens, maybe they'll get someone in FA (but who?) but if I was the Browns Richardson would be my first choice.

+1. Richardson should not only be rated higher than Blackmon, but the gap between Richardson and the rest of the RBs is wider than the gap between the first round WRs. The Browns, if they were to snag Richardson, could conceivably end up with a Kendell Wright sitting in their laps at 22.

I think if the Browns do not take Richardson, the Bucs may grab him based on their FA signings.

Im not sure Wrights signing impacts the Bucs view on Claiborne. Wright has been so inconsistent in his career he cant be counted on heavily.

Chances have improved that Blackmon will be sitting there at 6

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
libertadrocks said:
+1. Richardson should not only be rated higher than Blackmon, but the gap between Richardson and the rest of the RBs is wider than the gap between the first round WRs. The Browns, if they were to snag Richardson, could conceivably end up with a Kendell Wright sitting in their laps at 22.

I think if the Browns do not take Richardson, the Bucs may grab him based on their FA signings.

Im not sure Wrights signing impacts the Bucs view on Claiborne. Wright has been so inconsistent in his career he cant be counted on heavily.

Chances have improved that Blackmon will be sitting there at 6
Agreed. As much as I like Richardson (and that's quite a bit), I think it's time the Rams stopped dicking around with the wide receiver position. In 74 years, the Rams have taken a wide receiver in the first round 3 times. Once in 1988 (Aaron Cox), once in 1996 (Kennison) and once in 1999 (Holt). Given Fisher's rave reviews about Bradford, I'd like to think that he follows it up with some legit weapons. Blackmon may not be all-world, but he's certainly one of the more well-rounded receivers in this draft. And productive too. Can't ignore production.

superfan24

Starter
Wow wonder where Hillis will land. Certainly will have a big pay cut.
Great news for the Rams I guess!

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
superfan24 said:

Signed a 1-year deal with the Chiefs.

superfan24

Starter
JdashSTL said:
superfan24 said:

Signed a 1-year deal with the Chiefs.

haha thanks. Interesting with Charles coming back form injury. Can't keep up with all this FA stuff.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Yooooooooooo Sir Master X just 3 in the first 3rds, am I wrong off memory Kevin Curtis was a 3rd pick from Utah in 2004?
Just had to inquire.
Hey I'm frosty ending up with Blackmon so we can happily grab RB Lamar Miller at #33, however if we don't grab an available OLB in FA (Erin Henderson?)..if Zach Brown is there he's also possible. Ahhhhh fuck what am I saying its going to happen how is does simple as that and I'll be happy no matter what. :lol:
Btw I will express this demeanor :twisted: if Jason Jones ends up choosing those fuckin Seahags buy its a 'business' I get it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
BatteringRambo said:
Yooooooooooo Sir Master X just 3 in the first 3rds, am I wrong off memory Kevin Curtis was a 3rd pick from Utah in 2004?
Just had to inquire.
Hey I'm frosty ending up with Blackmon so we can happily grab RB Lamar Miller at #33, however he we don't grab an available OLB in FA (Erin Henderson?)..if Zach Brown is there he's also possible. Ahhhhh fuck what am I saying its going to happen how is does simple as that and I'll be happy no matter what. :lol:
Curtis was a third rounder in 2003. Never trust YOUR memory, J Fo. :sly:

I was talking about 1st rounders only though. We've only taken a receiver in the first round 3 times in the history of the Franchise - dating back to 1937.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Damn maybe it would help if I actually read instead of just looking over. For some reason I saw '3' and Kennison thinking he was 2nd rd but I totally fucked that up..Ahhhhh good times! Master orange kush and the excitement of free agency. I hope by dinner and "fun" Finnegan brought in an entourage of random swimsuit models to make Jason Jones feel more relaxed. I mean to line up next to Chris Long and Robert Quinn what a fuckin awesome 3some! :ww:
But we need one more stud to make it a fearless foursome.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BatteringRambo said:
Damn maybe it would help if I actually read instead of just looking over. For some reason I saw '3' and Kennison thinking he was 2nd rd but I totally fucked that up..Ahhhhh good times! Master orange kush and the excitement of free agency. I hope by dinner and "fun" Finnegan brought in an entourage of random swimsuit models to make Jason Jones feel more relaxed. I mean to line up next to Chris Long and Robert Quinn what a fuckin awesome 3some! :ww:
But we need one more stud to make it a fearless foursome.
Dontario Poe or Ta'amu.