Clemens earned a lot of respect from me today.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
He made some big plays, and on top of that some beautiful throws.

On one play he scrambled... stepped up in the pocket... had to throw flat footed because of defenders in front of him... and hit Givens in stride down the field in double coverage to keep the drive alive.

To me that was arguably the play/throw of the year so far coming out of the qb position imo.

He also had some great touch to beat coverage today. Like the beauty to Cook over the linebacker.

Lets hope this is just him warming up. :sly:

Really wish Zac wouldn't have gotten hurt today though.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Clemens drove me nuts today. He was bad, bad, bad,....then BOOM! Big, perfectly thrown, clutch throw! Then bad, bad, bad,.....BOOM!, etc...

That kind of play catches up with you. Missing easy throws cannot continue if the Rams are going to push for a wild card spot.

MFaulk107

The Realness
Seems to me he's slowly getting better each game. He's not necessarily great, but I do respect him.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
KC has definitely been better than I thought he would, and he is improving week to week. He shows why he is a back up, but at times I think the young players on O are benefiting from his experience, not a knock on SB I think KC was helpin SB before he got hurt. From what I have heard about SBs work ethic, he is learning while he is out and I have no doubt the Rams will be a scary team for anyone to face next season. Hell theres probably teams on the remainder of this yrs schedule that dont want to play the Rams.

I said during the game last night that if Clemens does the things he does well more often he'd be a decent QB, unfortunately he doesn't, but you can still win with him.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agree with everything said. He did miss some throws for sure, and he obviously benefited from the run game. He never gave up, let the situation of the game get him down, and it was never overwhelmed. You can tell he definitely has the respect of his teammates as well.

Through all of that I guess what he proved to me most is that we CAN still win tough games with him.

I know some of you guys have been saying it but I'm starting to come around now.

Big test next week on the road, and the best thing about it is I KNOW this teams looking forward to it. Lets play some ball Rams.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Clemens IS WHAT I THOUGHT HE IS!

theyarewhowethoughttheywere_display_image.jpg

Specifically, I thought he would be scrappy and uber competitive with highs and lows mixed in the whole time he was under center. I'm just glad the rest of the team is now playing to their potential (kinda), so we'll always be in games. Who among us saw us having over 260 yards of rushing in a game at this point in the season? I didn't get to see the game, but I did crack a big smile when I saw Benny Cunningham racked up a hundo with a TD. Particularly after someone called him "garbage" earlier in the year on this board...

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, and not long ago as I recall. Hope Stacy makes it back soon. Hat is a formidable 2 headed monster.

jap

Legend
If Fish & Schotty choose to ease Zac back to the attack, they may have to unleash Isaiah and allow him to ensure the '9ers are well Pead. :heh:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Clemens played well yesterday. He did have a lot of pressure as Username was referring to. There were a couple of throws he missed, but overall he played well. He didn't have to make that many throws because our running game is so good.

nighttrain

Legend
Gordon of the Post Dispatch having man-love for Kellen Clemens, no other way Clemens rates an A in Bears game. Thanks Kellen, but hurry back SB, this show wont last
train

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I thought KC played another solid game and came through some adverse situations and of course a couple of drops, I was a little disappointed in Givens yesterday. All in all I thought KC was on target or at least putting the ball where it would not be intercepted. Definitely need Zack back 100% against the niners even with BC showing some quality runs he still put the ball on the ground.

A55VA6

Legend
I'm happy with Clemens as well. He's doing a great job. Schotty is really putting this offense in a good spot though. I've been impressed with him lately.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I'm damn impressed to by Clemens and I admittingly have eaten crow with Clemens and I'm damn glad, he's playing lights out as far as I'm concerned. Can't wait for next season!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Scrappy and competitive. I dig the dude's style in the game. If he were consistently accurate, he would be a starter. As long as they don't result in turnovers, the Rams can win with his play.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm damn impressed to by Clemens and I admittingly have eaten crow with Clemens and I'm damn glad, he's playing lights out as far as I'm concerned. Can't wait for next season!

Two games without an interception? What universe is this?!

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Here's what I don't get. We play to his strengths between the 20's, but then ask him for fades consistently in the redzone.:slap:
Outside of that he' doing a great job of doing exactly what's been asked of him.

A55VA6

Legend
Here's what I don't get. We play to his strengths between the 20's, but then ask him for fades consistently in the redzone.:slap:
Outside of that he' doing a great job of doing exactly what's been asked of him.
I actually liked the fades from a playcalling standpoint. Kellen just hasn't been too great at throwing them.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He had a rollout to the corner that he put out in front, I was ok with that and the throw to Cook that I thought was well thrown the fade to Cook was a little out of bounds but no one except Cook had a chance to catch it. Again I'm ok with those. I do think they should have run the ball three times and let Stacy pound it in on the first field goal possession.