Chrome Problem

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Re: Following up on Haile's post....

X said:
Adwords? Surely you're not getting those here. I don't have anything installed like that.

Not sure that's what they're called. The words that have ads linked to them. They show up looking like a link. Y'know like working.

Maybe it has something to do with Chrome or my settings somewhere within. If someone knows, I'd sure like to get rid of that particular little feature.

And..... you smell funny. There you have the tame version.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

RamFan503 said:
X said:
Adwords? Surely you're not getting those here. I don't have anything installed like that.

Not sure that's what they're called. The words that have ads linked to them. They show up looking like a link. Y'know like working.

Maybe it has something to do with Chrome or my settings somewhere within. If someone knows, I'd sure like to get rid of that particular little feature.

You have a virus. That happened to me a while back. If you don't have it already, download and install 'Spy-bot Search & Destroy' and then run it. Clean everything it tells you to, and that should go away.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:

You have a virus. That happened to me a while back. If you don't have it already, download and install 'Spy-bot Search & Destroy' and then run it. Clean everything it tells you to, and that should go away.

I'll try that. I have Spybot but not sure that it is on auto-pilot. I'll let you know.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Well... THAT didn't work. And it does somehow seem to be associated with Chrome. Next?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If it's only in Chrome, go to options > extensions > and remove the extensions you don't recognize. Some of the extensions associated with that problem are 'I want this', or extensions that have WX or MX in the title, or 'Text Enhance', or any toolbars that you don't use.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Apparently it is a frickin' Facebook related extension. Keeping my fingers crossed but I only had an Avast extension and a "Facetheme" extension showing. I disabled the facetheme extension and so far I don't see any of those linked words. Thanks man.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Glad it worked out, jerky jerkface. :tooth: