Chris Long?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

I think you're worrying too much about the perception you're getting from twitter. I follow him too so I get what you're saying but he's allowed some down time as much as the rest of us. He's never missed a game before this season n you can bet he's bitterly disappointed about that.

And in regard to your other post, I don't think he's polarising at all. Maybe some think he wasn't worth the 2nd overall pick or the money we've paid him but we're missing him now

If you follow him on twitter let me ask you a question, I follow a handful of players in different sports, no many, mostly writers who might have some scoop but as far as players go I don't know that I've seen anyone post as often as him and about absolutely nothing most times.

Do you find his tweets strange in that regard?

I know most athletes post weird things but I can't put my finger on the correct word I guess but CL with the sheer volume of his posts and the content of them...idk just seems like something is left of center to me.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
If you follow him on twitter let me ask you a question, I follow a handful of players in different sports, no many, mostly writers who might have some scoop but as far as players go I don't know that I've seen anyone post as often as him and about absolutely nothing most times.

Do you find his tweets strange in that regard?

I know most athletes post weird things but I can't put my finger on the correct word I guess but CL with the sheer volume of his posts and the content of them...idk just seems like something is left of center to me.

I don't find them strange. There's no denying that he tweets a lot and about all sorts of random things. Rarely about football which I suspect is probably deliberate on his part. He obviously enjoys interacting with the twitterverse (is that a thing?).

I don't see the link between that and his attitude towards the game or winning. When I want to see whether or not Long cares about the game and the team, I just need to watch him play. He gives his all on every play.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I realize CL is a polarizing player on this team and a guy who keeps his nose clean along with someone who plays hard all the time. Again it may just be the way he (constantly) tweets, even before he was hurt.

I don't know, I just wish as a leader he'd be a LOT more vocally upset about things.

Well there ARE people who are polarizing and some who attempt to be, IMO LONG doesn't qualify on either front, unless you consider a small say 1-2% of the fan base to constitute a polar constituency if your perception of the guy was held in the range where you could establish polarity.I'd be very surprised .so your realization is very likely self generated projection rather than some groundswell of sentiment .
I've posted here a long time and Chris is to my knowledge one of the real pillars of this team in my mind and in the way I see most of the opinions I've seen posted here.

Sure there were flavor of the month players who adamant posters locked onto (Like some locked onto Sammy Watkins) who they thought we'd be better off drafting and set Long adrift (Clowney). There were a bunch who thought we should trade Sam and draft RG in the exact same vein,I include all those players as examples because the posters here who can deal with their disappointment over the team not going according to their prescription have pretty well gotten over it and quit dredging up and prosecuting their inability to go with the plan no matter the FACT that we aren't going back and in spite of the way it makes them come under the classification of those who "attempt to be polarizing" .

IF you look at the stats of this team over the last two games , it would look to the casual observer as if they were missing someone at DE far worse than they are missing someone at QB , and I'd agree with them so IMO you might want to again reconsider Long is da man and worthy of being at the top of our list of vital players .

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Ram players I like?

Stacy, Bailey, Barksdale, Britt, Cunningham, Saffold, Quinn, Long, Donald, Langford, Sims, Hayes, AO, Dunbar, JLau, McD, Tru, GZ & Hekker to name a few.

Here's a suggestion: instead of concentrating on negative posts and threads about Austin Davis, Greg Robinson, and Chris Long, how about interspersing positive posts about some of these players on your list. Balance is a good thing.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Got to agree with RFIP on this, Long is quite polarising, there is one group that thinks he's very good, then another group who think he's elite. And those two groups couldn't be more different.
There are mixed opinions on just how good CLong is. Thats not what polarizing means. Its a clear separation into two groups with a completely different outlook/opinion.
Bradford was polarizing. Tebow was polarizing. Michael Sam was polarizing.

There are mixed opinions on just how good CLong is. Thats not what polarizing means. Its a clear separation into two groups with a completely different outlook/opinion.
Bradford was polarizing. Tebow was polarizing. Michael Sam was polarizing.

Maybe blue font really is a necessity :unsure:.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think Long is the biggest difference between last years DL production and this years. He consistently drew double teams and chips from the TE because of how he goes balls to the wall. Not having that is hurting and it's very easy to see.

I agree there are different views about his talent level and importance, but my guess is that gap would be A LOT smaller after three games without him.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I realize CL is a polarizing player on this team and a guy who keeps his nose clean along with someone who plays hard all the time. Again it may just be the way he (constantly) tweets, even before he was hurt.

I don't know, I just wish as a leader he'd be a LOT more vocally upset about things.
dude...
listen i didnt realize you're not allowed to enjoy your life and live it while you're off the field. the guy enjoys life and is a very outgoing person that likes to talk and joke with fans and players and twitter is one of his outlets even tho i fucking hate twitter. should he just be quiet and keep his head down whenever the team loses (which would be a lot)? there are a million and one reasons other players on this team deserve to be criticized for shit they do on and off the field but Chris Long has NEVER been one of those guys and i think you know that. i like you bro so im just gonna chalk this one up as just being generally very upset and on edge with this whole season .

stay calm and pass the smoking lamp... (y)

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
RFIP said:
I like Long, always have. It's just disappointing to me that he "seems" apathetic to the team now a days. Maybe it's because I follow him on Twitter but the dude just seems like a guy who's lost his way....it's like he's doesn't care much about all the losing.

Ram players I like?

Stacy, Bailey, Barksdale, Britt, Cunningham, Saffold, Quinn, Long, Donald, Langford, Sims, Hayes, AO, Dunbar, JLau, McD, Tru, GZ & Hekker to name a few.

I'm sure I missed some guys but that is most of the guys that are my favorites.

For the record, unlike seasons past (Finnegan, MSW, Gilyard, etc) there aren't any players on this team I dislike, just some I wish we wouldn't have acquired because of having better options.
Really did you really just put Britt on a list of players youu like rfip I belive their Is an entire tthread ddedicatedto your hate of britt