Chris Long update?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I thought I read somewhere (Probably on this board!) that Chris Long could get back to playing soon? Does anyone have any updates on his status? As good as the Rams defense has been playing can you imagine how good they can be when Long returns and they get back to full strength?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I know is you better not ask him on twitter when he is returning :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
He started practicing last week so he must return, if he is, within 21 days minus probably 4 or 5 days, right? Probably 2 weeks.

^ I don't remember if I know the rules completely, but I think they got 21 days after they start practicing to play and then something happens to them if they don't play.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
He started practicing last week so he must return, if he is, within 21 days minus probably 4 or 5 days, right? Probably 2 weeks.

^ I don't remember if I know the rules completely, but I think they got 21 days after they start practicing to play and then something happens to them if they don't play.
After a player on IR recall returns to practice the team has 21 days to place him on the active 53 man roster or return him to IR for the remainder of the season.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Interesting! I wasn't aware of that rule. So, hopefully, that means he will be back soon (Real Soon!)!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'd love to have him available for the stretch run. The D line could be that much fresher with him in the rotation.

RamzFanz

Damnit
If he comes just in time to stomp Seattle at home, end their season, and send the Rams to the playoffs, that will be fine with me!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
All I know is you better not ask him on twitter when he is returning :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
there will be a twitter explosion something like this, when he's back!!!
upload_2014-9-19_16-58-54.jpeg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If he comes just in time to stomp Seattle at home, end their season, and send the Rams to the playoffs, that will be fine with me!
I would think he'll be back in AND up to full speed by then. AND he'll grant you wish! I just may go "All-in" on that game!!!!!!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
It's gotta be a load to get over that injury and get in game shape during the season. If he could get at least 25 snaps a game it would be huge for the Rams.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It's gotta be a load to get over that injury and get in game shape during the season. If he could get at least 25 snaps a game it would be huge for the Rams.
Yeah. That's what I'm thinking. Getting healthy is great, but he still probably has to build up strength.

Alan

Legend
He's healthy now or he wouldn't be practicing so he's probably building up his strength and stamina even as I type this. Not sure what you can accomplish in a couple of weeks though. :unsure:

From the chat:

Is Chris Long back this week?

Based on what I saw last week in practice, I would say it's a longshot that he comes back this week. But we'll see what happens Wednesday when the practice week begins.
by jthomas

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Damn I'm ready to see this D at full strength! there already insanely good when there clicking, I cant imagine getting Joyner and Long back. If there both back for the raiders game I envision a shut out.