Chris Long or Robert Quinn (Who leads the Rams in Sacks?)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
It's going to be fun watching the Rams pass rush this season (especially, IF, the Rams can get some leads forcing their opponents into more passing situations). Chris Long has been awesome the past couple of seasons and now that Robert Quinn will be starting (I have no idea why he didn't play more last season!) I expect him to have a great season as well! It will be interesting to see which player gets the most sacks this season (I am actually predicting Quinn!) but more importantly together they should be a terror to opposing QB's!

bluecoconuts

Legend
Re: Chris Long or Robert Quinn (Who leads the Rams in Sacks?

Quinn leads by week 6, Long leads at the end of the season.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

I think that Quinn might win the sack total, but Long will be the better overall player this year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

The ideal situation is that they're both so dominating that other teams have to leave guys in to help the tackles and BROCKERS leads the team in sacks. Whoop!

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo

Well Quinn is ahead by 5-6 now already...oh wait it doesn't count yet. :hehe:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler

paceram said:
It's going to be fun watching the Rams pass rush this season (especially, IF, the Rams can get some leads forcing their opponents into more passing situations). Chris Long has been awesome the past couple of seasons and now that Robert Quinn will be starting (I have no idea why he didn't play more last season!) I expect him to have a great season as well! It will be interesting to see which player gets the most sacks this season (I am actually predicting Quinn!) but more importantly together they should be a terror to opposing QB's!

I thought Spags handled that pretty well. Quinn had been suspended for a season, James Hall was coming off a fantastic 2010 season, and he had to learn to play the run better. Hes still working on that now.

I think Long will continue to get plenty of attention from offenses and Quinn will be able to take advantage of that (along with the improved play at DT) and he will lead the team in sacks. If our offense can get a lead more often then that will help a lot as well.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo

Well said JDash well said sir.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I actually believe Robert Quinn is going to hurt Chris longs sack total this year. Watching Long, it seemed like a lot of his sacks were effort sacks where he didnt give up on the play. Quinn gets to the qb so much faster. In yesterdays game on the play where quinn stripped Tyrod Taylor, Long would have had a sack but Quinn beat him there and actually took out chris long.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame

Well, if I remember correctly, Long himself s@id Quinn w@s going to be the guy this ye@r. I believe him.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

NJRamsFan said:
I actually believe Robert Quinn is going to hurt Chris longs sack total this year. Watching Long, it seemed like a lot of his sacks were effort sacks where he didnt give up on the play. Quinn gets to the qb so much faster. In yesterdays game on the play where quinn stripped Tyrod Taylor, Long would have had a sack but Quinn beat him there and actually took out chris long.
I agree ,I rewatched this
viewtopic.php?p=74478#p74478
Thanks to X for PM me back to find it.
And ya know ,there wasn't more than one or two of those sacks that came from a great move ala Jason P Paul,it was just mad dog intense will time after time.
Ain't NO QUIT in that kid,wasn't in his dad either.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

I still think that Long will lead the Rams, but Quinn will eclipse ten sacks this year. He's an absolute monster to block, and he'll take a ton of pressure off of Long. I also think that Langford and Brockers will have monster years.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame

I think Long ends up on top. Quinn was drawing a lot of the doubles in the preseason on passing downs.

CL one on one vs a OT. Forget about it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

libertadrocks said:
I think Long ends up on top. Quinn was drawing a lot of the doubles in the preseason on passing downs.

CL one on one vs a OT. Forget about it.

I'm with you on this. Long was drawing double teams almost every time last year and now opposing OC's cannot afford that so he's likely to exceed last years totals by a few. Quinn will have a hard time topping that.

If they tie with 18 each though that's cool with me too. :sly:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Quinn. Long is gonna be doubled teamed a lot more.

Then idiot RamStalk ppl are gonna say "Chris Long has quit after his contract."