Chris Long not re-signing with Pats

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
He was just a guy taking a spot in the rotation last year, nothing more.
Maybe he can bounce back further, maybe not.
Probably pass on him at this point.

Psycho_X

Legend
We could do worse than Chris Long but I don't think we have worse currently on the team so not much point in bringing him back at this juncture. Westbrook, Sims, and Longacre all bring the same ability really as rotation, situational depth which is what Long would be here. He's a good guy and I love following his twitter feed. I hope he finds a starting job some where that gives him what he desires.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Aw man :( My jersey is now one of those classically ironic or historical ones.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So, any chance of bringing him back in a 3-4? Do we think he could still play in a 3-4?

From a leadership and work ethic perspective, I'd be all for it at the right price. I thought we made a mistake letting him go from that aspect.
I completely agree, and I say ....

Make it so.gif

Yah!.png
YES!!!! PLease!!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he came back to the Rams, would he play C, OG or maybe TE?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I thought NE played a base 3-4 and he meant he wanted to go back to a 4-3..

No, NE played mostly a 4-3. Longs roll was to anchor mostly even on passing downs. Long wants to rush the pass more and have more freedom to do that. NEs defensive is very role based and their DEs job is to tie up blockers to allow for more delayed blitzes.

Long even responded on some tweets that he basically wants to "do what he does best, rush the passer".

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
NE plays a multiple scheme. You see a lot of different looks. When Long was on the field, they typically were aligned as a 4-3. In fact, from what I saw, they were often aligned as a 4-3 Under in their base defense.

You are correct. NE hasnt really played a pure 3-4 since Crennel left. They have tinkered with a hybrid approach over the years but this year they were almost exclusively a 4-3