Chris Long (almost) says it all.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Maybe he's only talking about Harbaugh when he mentions Harbaugh, but I don't think so. I think there's something in the following statements that expresses disappointment in the Rams' offense. Specifically the comments about streamlining (in the beginning) and offense (at the end).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYplHUNJe2E[/youtube]

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Oh he flat out said it. Maybe not directly, but praising offense that much, being a DE that has an ankle sprain and gets 2 sacks + bunch of other rushes. He def. made his point known.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Was he ponting his finger at McD? Is that your interpretation?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
interference said:
Was he pointing his finger at McD? Is that your interpretation?
More or less, yeah. That, and trying to convey that they could be right there (with SF) if they even had an offense.
Which, by deductive reasoning, would reinforce the former.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
So, given this comment in combination with Burwell's article on Kroenke today, are we going to see McD and various offensive position coaches replaced in the off-season? That, along with the selection of a team president, or similar overseer, would seem to me to be the direction that we're headed. If that's the case, Spags keeps his gig for one more year, with the promise of an extension if he preforms well next year. Brad Childress, anyone?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's my opinion that any team Head Coached by Spags will field a defensive offense. Which is highly offensive.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not going to venture a guess as to what's coming down the pike. We all have our opinions as to what's in the best interest of the Rams. We had a poll, in fact, and the results weren't conclusive. I'd rather see McDaniels have a full off-season and a few more pieces in place before I pass any sort of judgement on his ability to run an offense. History dictates that he can put together a good O, so I give him the same pass that I give Spagnuolo - who I also know can put together a good D.

I know another year of futility is too much for anyone to even fathom. So that's why it's just me (as far as I know) who wants to see what two very proven and effective coordinators can do for the St. Louis Rams. I do agree with you that a President of Football Operations might make the whole process easier. There would be more accountability and a vision/path/direction that this team desperately needs. It would also erase any idea that Spags is handcuffing the OC, because that simply wouldn't be allowed with a guy in charge of the whole operation.

superfan24

Starter
I'm glad he was calling out the offense if that's what he was actually saying. CL especially and the entire D have every right to call them out for not doing shit the entire game.
SJ is the only one that does not deserve it.

Anonymous

superfan24 said:
I'm glad he was calling out the offense if that's what he was actually saying. CL especially and the entire D have every right to call them out for not doing shyte the entire game.

I think he was more calling out the coordinator.

The offense is injured and trying and he knows that. Why would he call them out. Why would you call out an offense that replaced every single starting offensive lineman. What good would it do to call them out. That's like demanding that a man with 2 broken legs run faster.

He was comparing SF coaches streamlining their offense to what happened in St. Louis, which, presumably, is the opposite.

superfan24

Starter
zn said:
superfan24 said:
I'm glad he was calling out the offense if that's what he was actually saying. CL especially and the entire D have every right to call them out for not doing shyte the entire game.

The offense is injured and trying and he knows that. Why would he call them out. Why would you call out an offense that replaced every single starting offensive lineman. What good would it do to call them out. That's like demanding that a man with 2 broken legs run faster.

He was comparing SF coaches streamlining their offense to what happened in St. Louis, which, presumably, is the opposite.

Good point, agreed

HornIt

UDFA
zn said:
superfan24 said:

I think there's a whole lot of reading in of stuff that isn't necessarily there going on.

Long may know very well that what Harbaugh did is no more than bring his brand of football to the 49ers. What he does with the 49ers is what he did with Stanford, even with Andrew Luck at his disposal.

The Rams specifically brought McDaniels here to bring his brand of offense too. That's what most fans wanted. They wanted Bradford and this offense unleashed. Now they seem to wish that Ground Chuck had been resurrected.

Weird stuff.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HornIt said:
zn said:
superfan24 said:

I think there's a whole lot of reading in of stuff that isn't necessarily there going on.

Long may know very well that what Harbaugh did is no more than bring his brand of football to the 49ers. What he does with the 49ers is what he did with Stanford, even with Andrew Luck at his disposal.

The Rams specifically brought McDaniels here to bring his brand of offense too. That's what most fans wanted. They wanted Bradford and this offense unleashed. Now they seem to wish that Ground Chuck had been resurrected.

Weird stuff.
Weird stuff is telling people they're reading into things while you read into things. Long specifically said that Harbaugh "streamlined" things to fit the players. Why even mention that? You don't think that Chris Long has something by which to compare that? Maybe you're right and it means nothing. Or. Maybe it does.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think that people are reading into things a little too much. It was obviously a slight at the offense, but I don't think he's trying to call out coaches or players. He's just frustrated.

HornIt

UDFA
bluecoconuts said:
I think that people are reading into things a little too much. It was obviously a slight at the offense, but I don't think he's trying to call out coaches or players. He's just frustrated.

I certainly don't think it's obvious it is a slight at his own offense. It's possible, but why wouldn't the chances that was a slight at his own defense be just as good?

If it can be interpreted as him making a veiled complaint that the Rams offense hasn't done a good job of adapting to the personnel, why can't it be just as easily interpreted as a veiled complaint that the Rams defense isn't doing a good job of that?

I maintain that people are seeing what they want to see in that statement, which is more likely than not meant as nothing more than what the words were, a compliment to the job Harbaugh has done with his team.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Good point, HornIt. I think he meant exactly what he said. No hidden meanings there. Just simply giving credit where it's due.
Given the ungodly amount of injuries on both sides of the ball, how can anyone expect more from this team than what we have seen to this point?
It cracks me up to hear people say that in spite of the injuries, we need to pick it up and play better. With who?? We all have our opinions as to how to turn this thing around. I'm pretty sure Spags, McD, Billy, etc. do as well.
Bottom line is you gotta have the players in place in order to have a chance to do so.
We have them, but they're all on I.R.!!
So what are ya gonna do?
Myself, I'll just continue to look forward to each Sunday to see my Rams play, no matter what.
Next year there will be a lot of changes coming, hopefully for the better.

GO RAMS!!!!