Chris Long added to injury list with a hip injury

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Joe Lyons
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-report/rams-report-de-chris-long-added-to-injury-list-with/article_dd717670-8d33-5274-bd14-be23b604e97c.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 4e97c.html</a>

After fully participating in Wednesday's practice, defensive end Chris Long appeared on the Rams' Thursday injury report with a hip injury. Long's participation in Thursday's practice was limited.

Rams safety Darian Stewart (thigh) and cornerback Quinton Pointer (thigh) did not practice on Thursday. Pointer did some limited work on Tuesday.

After sitting out Wednesday's practice, running back Daryl Richardson (foot) did limited work on Thursday.

For the second consecutive day, tight end Cory Harkey (knee) worked out in full.

For Atlanta, wide receiver Roddy White (ankle), defensive tackled Jonathan Babineaux (knee) and Sam Baker (tackle) did not practice and ex-Mizzou linebacker Sean Weatherspoon (knee) and cornerback Asante Samuel were limited for the second consecutive day.

Wide receiver Julio Jones (knee) saw limited action Thursday after not practicing on Wednesday.

Safety Thomas DeCoud (knee), defensive tackle Peria Jerry (knee) and defensive end Cliff Matthews (neck) were upgraded from limited to full participation on Thursday.

RAM-BLINGS

Linebacker Jonathan Stewart, a rookie free agent from Texas A&M, was added to the Rams' practice squad and returned to practice Thursday.

Stewart, a 6-foot-3, 254-pounder, opened the season on the 53-man roster, but was released Tuesday to make room as running back Isaiah Pead returned from the suspended list. Stewart cleared waivers on Wednesday.

Stewart, who was inactive for the Rams' season-opening victory over the Arizona Cardinals, was in on nine tackles during the preseason.

• Sunday's game in Atlanta will include the first three picks of the 2008 NFL Draft. Tackle Jake Long was selected with the No. 1 overall choice by the Miami Dolphins, the Rams chose defensive end Chris Long at No. 2 and the Falcons followed up with quarterback Matt Ryan with the third choice.

• Ryan and Falcons head coach Mike Smith are unbeaten in two games against the Rams. The host Falcons defeated St. Louis 31-27 on Dec. 28, 2008 and 34-17 in St. Louis on Nov. 21, 2010.

The Rams, however, hold a 47-26-2 edge in the series overall.

Jeff Fisher is 4-0 in his career against the Falcons.

• Wide receiver Tavon Austin, picked eighth overall last April, led all rookies in Week 1 with six receptions.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Can I just say this...rest Long, we are deep enough to do that. I want him playing at a higher level.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
Can I just say this...rest Long, we are deep enough to do that. I want him playing at a higher level.
Ayup. If he's not 100%, let Hayes take over for one game. I know it fudges up our rotation a little, but I'd rather he not further aggravate that injury - whatever it is. Hopefully it's just a hip pointer or something and not anything like a joint issue.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
DR RAM said:

Hayes and Rivers could hold it down till he is healthy again. Agree 100%. DE is our deepest position, let Long rest.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm with you guys. A minor hip injury could turn severe in a hurry. Resting it early can make all the difference.

ATL having some key injuries. This might be a great time catch them.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Fisher knows what he's doing especially when it comes to player's health. I'm not worried at all.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If he can't stay healthy then they should just cut him now.

Simba

Rookie
Falcons have a lot of problems with RT.Long/Hayes and Quinn can decide the game.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
For those of you saying we can afford to sit Long if it'll get him back to 100%....i concur.
Every game is a big game,but week 4 is a BFG. :bg:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
mojorizen7 said:
For those of you saying we can afford to sit Long if it'll get him back to 100%....i concur.
Every game is a big game,but week 4 is a BFG. :bg:

Man I too can't wait ... Can't wait too see our front 7 crush Caperdick !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would like to see both speeders Rivers & Quinn crash in on the Falcon OT's. Hayes & Sims should both see a bunch of action too @ DE. Rivers is someone who would catch my eye completely if he was to get in the game. Save Chris Long for the big games.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Long will play IMO, possibly on a limited basis, but I'll bet he suits up and tries to go.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I'm not sure why I think this but I'm of the opinion the Chris hasn't been himself for about 3 weeks now.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
albefree69 said:
I'm not sure why I think this but I'm of the opinion the Chris hasn't been himself for about 3 weeks now.

Yup. They should just rest him. Don't want a long term problem.