Chris Johnson Out Of Tennessee?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
This is crazy to me. They say he's gonna count for 8 million against the cap, which is kinda high. But isn't he worth that? He's kinda all they have, right?

(Sorry the roto link didn't show up. My phone didnt paste it.)

SC-Ram78

Rookie
That is kinda crazy to me. He is still the most talented player they have. I wouldn't mind have CJ as a change of pace back.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That is kinda crazy to me. He is still the most talented player they have. I wouldn't mind have CJ as a change of pace back.

Oh heck yeah. Stacy and Johnson just sounds flat out nasty if we can get a few gravy eating interior lineman. He played his best under Fisher, too. I certainly don't expect him to be in horns, though. Our cap space is kind of a problem as of now.

SC-Ram78

Rookie
It's does have a nice ring to it. But I wonder what kind of money it will take to get him in horns. Shouldn't be too much since he would still be getting paid from the titans lol

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
It's does have a nice ring to it. But I wonder what kind of money it will take to get him in horns. Shouldn't be too much since he would still be getting paid from the titans lol

4-5 million a year with his injury history and the fact he will be/is 29? Sounds about right...

Alan

Legend
Chris johnson:
Base Salary - $8 million
Signing bonus - $2 million
CAP hit - $10 million
Dead money - $4 million

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
No thanks. I'd rather spend the money on Byrd.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
No thanks. I'd rather spend the money on Byrd.
Yes I would, too. I'm sure CJ isn't even on our radar.

Thanks for the numbers crunch, Alan. That's a heck of a lot of money for even a good running back.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I would MUCH rather invest elsewhere. Not even close.

…..

Legend
I read a report that indicated Johnson's abilities were limited and he needs a hole served up to him on a silver platter.

Basicly, he's not good at creating misses or gaining yards after contact. He needs a clear path or he's a sure 1 yard loss. We already have that guy in Richardson.

I'm not interested at all, event at a discount.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
I think we COULD afford him, but we don't have to have him by any means. Money better spent via OG or a FS.
Definitely agree that we need to address other positions before running back, but given our lack of cap space it's going to be difficult to sign any big names in free agency.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
He's good but he's not the old CJ2K a lot remember, also like others have said the money can be spent in other much more needed areas.

Cory

UDFA
This is one guy I say we need to stay away from! Even if he becomes available.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
No thanks. I still like DRich as a change of pace guy who can develop.
I will say that i'm not 100% sold on Stacy as our #1 back. He may have durability issues,so i hope the coaching/training staff addresses this in the off season.
I would have no problem spending another mid-round pick on a RB with some size.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Our running game is fine with Stacy and Cunningham and even possibly a healthy DR. I'm more concerned with the Oline if we cut Wells and Dahl.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I wouldn't touch him for vet minimum. His productivity has dropped every year since his big year and that's a sure sign he is going to fail.