Choose Your 2015 Rams Center

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do you like at center in 2015?

• Barrett Jones

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Tim Barnes

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Stefen Wisniewski

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • Demetrius Rhaney

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • Hroniss Grasu

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Reese Dismukes

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Cam Erving

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Barrett Jones, age 24, 3rd year player, 6'4" 308, Rimington winner in college, hurt most of his pro career so far
Tim Barnes, age 26, 5th year, 6'4" 306, with 45 games played, 4 starts
Demetrius Rhaney, 22, 2nd year, 6'2" 300, plays with quickness and agility
Stefen Wisniewski, 26, 5th year, 6'3" 307, recovering from labrum surgery, the top C FA
Hroniss Grasu, 23, rookie, 6'3" 294, likely 3rd-rounder
Reese Dismukes, 22, rookie, 6'3" 295, likely 2nd- or 3rd-rounder
Cameron Erving, 22, rookie, 6'6" 308, likely late 1st-rounder
Other?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I'm praying that Barrett Jones injuries are behind him and comes into this camp in the best shape of his life. I know the kid can play center and play it well if he can catch a break.

The coaches should have a good idea by now if they think Jones is gonna be able to push for a starting job next year if they don't think he is the answer my back up plan would be trading down and Landing Erving. If Rhaney or Barnes emerge as the front runner for center Erving can fill in next the them at guard.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Erving or Rhaney.

Jones has been injured, iPad trouble adding muscle and JT said once that coaches saw him as a OG.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Preferably Erving, but honestly I'm not feeling too upset with sticking with Jones at this point. If he stays healthy, he's a pretty good C.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I would love to see Jones emerge as a quality starter. It would make our OL woes shrink considerably.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Foles: "Siri, 52 is the mike."

I'm not the Mike! I'M NOT THE MIKE!!!

And anyway, Rhaney is my answer. I think he can be something special. I like Jones as an all-purpose utility man/human Swiss army knife.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm not the Mike! I'M NOT THE MIKE!!!

And anyway, Rhaney is my answer. I think he can be something special. I like Jones as an all-purpose utility man/human Swiss army knife.

I gotta see Rhaney play before I make a decision on him.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The way I look at it, the coaching staff MUST have had a better option than to stick with Wells, and I'm thinking along the OC train here, we've employed from within, I think this year Jones is going to step up and be the centre he is destined to become, he's going to be in horns for years to come, a clever guy with football smarts, that can read defences and help our QB, what's not to love.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Ideally it would be great to trade back intro Rd 1 add pick Cam Erving OC Fla St using the 4th from Philly & our 2nd too move up into mid 20's fro Erving. Of course this happen after we slide back from 10 to 15 and land the top ORT in Ereck Flowers 6'6 330 plus a 3rd rd pick this draft

LT GRob LG Blaylock (hoping we sign him) OC Erving RG Staffold RT Flowers

Power run football w/ above average passing game, might need to wait for OL to gel though but thats a sweet and realistic OL.. Add another top 5 OG prospect on day 2 of draft to protect us against Staffold injury concerns

Ereck Flowers

• OT
  • Junior
  • 6-6ÂĽ, 329 lbs
  • Miami (FL)
  • Scouts Grade90
  • Position Rank3
  • Overall Rank19
  • 40-YD Dash5.31
  • ConferenceACC - Coastal
2014 NCAA Football Stats

------
------

Overall Football Traits
Production1......2012: (12/4) ROT 2013: (13/13) LOT 2014: (12/12) - LOT
Height-Weight-Speed2.....Massive frame with wide back and longer arms (34 1/2 inches). Hand-span is slightly smaller than average (9 7/8 inches). Thick trunk but ankles are on the thinner side. Smooth muscle tone but broad upper body. 37 bench-press reps is extremely impressive considering long arms. Adequate top-end speed for position.
Durability2....Suffered a knee injury late in the Virginia Tech game in 2014. Had a minor surgical procedure and sat out versus North Carolina, but returned the following game (after bye) versus FSU.
Intangibles1....Excellent overall makeup. Loves football. Motivated and wants to be great. Low maintenance and has his house in order. Sharp and learns well. Strong work ethic. Team-first type of guy. Will play injured. Developed into leader of Miami offensive line.
1 = EXCEPTIONAL....2 = ABOVE AVERAGE...3 = AVERAGE....4 = BELOW AVERAGE....5 = MARGINAL
Offensive Tackle Specific Traits
Pass Protection2.....Massive frame with above-average agility. Sets quickly with quality depth. Light on feet and has long arms to ride speed rushers past the pocket. Strong punch. Biggest issue here is with hand placement. Hands frequently get outside of frame and occasionally too high. Locks out once engaged and mirrors rushers effectively. Good overall anchor and can sink hips to reset leverage against speed-to-power. Will get into trouble when lunging, but possesses the length, flexibility and lateral agility to recover more often than not. Not always pretty, but rarely loses one-on-one.
Run Blocking2.....Quick first step for size and takes quality initial angles to get proper hat placement. Shows ability to execute both down and reach blocks to seal the edge. Above-average inline power. Pad level will rise upon contact at times and can lose his power source. However, massive frame allows him to cover up defenders and open running lanes. Good agility on the move and shows the ability to adjust in space. Can clean up angles when climbing to the second level.
Awareness2....Good overall football instincts. More instinctive in pass protection than in the run game at this point. Quick recognition and reaction to defensive line stunts and blitzes from the second and third level. Carries out assignments well in the run game, but can be a split-second late identifying targets at the second level on occasion.
Toughness1.....Aggressive and plays with an edge. Does not back down and will mix it up. Works to sustain blocks and finishes when given the opportunity. Has shown willingness to play through pain.
1 = EXCEPTIONAL.....2 = ABOVE AVERAGE......3 = AVERAGE.....4 = BELOW AVERAGE.....5 = MARGINAL

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Irving is a fantasy of mine...yeah, getting older sucks like that...But since we got Barnes I figured he was off the docket...Same with Jones....So,
I actually like Rhaney too, they had some good looking dude outta Kansas St. Med Student, but I read he had some back trouble....I am curious about the OG from Georgia Tech that can move to center, he was blocking his ass off senior bowl week....So late round centers to got with Rhaney & Barnes as a back-up is my hopes...
Jones, if he was viable, would have made Snisher NEVER think about adding Barnes....His college accolades mean NOTHING at this point....

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Went for Wis - but that doesn't preclude me wanting Cam Erving in the second or Reese Dismukes in the 3rd (wishful thinking?).

Talking of wishful thinking - Barrett Jones getting 33% of your votes? I know what the guy did at Alabama, and I really had high hopes for him but I don't think its fair to him to expect him to come in now after his injuries and difficulties even making the game day team (how many times did he suit up last year?) and be the starting center;

Year 1 was redshirt year rehabbing his Lisfranc and building strength. Last year was the year we should have seen glimpses of him and heard good things about his strength and conditioning - but we didn't and this year was when we are supposed to see him start. From the sounds of it I think he's 1 year behind and it may never work out for him. Hope it does - but I don't see it this year.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
How do we pick the best and most versitile OT/OG with our #10 pick as I see offensive lineman going faster than normal this year as teams NEEDS are higher due to so many injuries league wide on the OL, and still be able to sign Cam Erving as our starting center as he will be drafted between 20-30 in the 1ST round?

No possible way Erving sees round number TWO this year a team would literally trade up to steal him long before our 41ST pick in round #2. The rest of what we really have at center between Jones,Barnes and Rhaney is more of a mystery till we see who can avoid injury and make it to the start of pre-season games to even be evaluated. I see we have interview Garcia from Florida as he should still be around in the 3rd round if we choose to go away from OL in round #2.

My wish is to stick with the OL and load up as INJURY has killed us for many years running. The higher quality the player the sooner the player should see the playing field. Foles gets stressed out when he throws on the run and needs time to make his reads. Hope weinke works with Foles on speeding up his pre and post snap reads. If he releases the ball just after 2.3 seconds his completion % is much higher than when he holds onto the ball.

Trading down to take Erving over taking Snead / Scherff would'nt be wise especially if the Barksdale signing does'nt take place. We will need one of the above to start most likely. Flowers will most likely be drafted in the late first round also due to his playing OT. The OG's that are'nt seen as versatile and playing OT in their future pro career as Cann, Tomlinson and Tre' Jackson will be there in round two and I really hope we grab one. It'd be a shame to not truly fix the OL or at least make an effort even tho we could go in 5 other directions when other BPA guys drop. I want the OL to get a SPOTLIGHT put on it or we can just flush next season.

I'm all for waiting for the 4th round for our OC pick but would rather grab one of the higher rated ones in the 3rd round. Just not a sexy enough draft for Snead or Fisher so I know I can wake up from my dream. Who here has any insight to our 3 guys going to compete for our starting center job? Injuries have ruined it 2 years running. Be carefull.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I chose Rhaney, but I'd guess that this kid could give whomever a run for his money in the competition if the Rams drafted him.
Andy-Gallik-Boston-College.jpg

Andy Gallik, C, Boston College

Last edited: