Chiefs part ways with GM John Dorsey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
No way. This guy not organized and as it says is more of a scout. Snead has things running smoothly.

What would brining him in have to do with Snead?
And this much loosing is 'running smoothly'? REALLY??? :whistle:

Ram65

Legend
How about bring him in above Sneed as the VP of Football Operations and let a FOOTBALL man run the FOOTBALL side of things for once.
:sneaky:
What would brining him in have to do with Snead?
And this much loosing is 'running smoothly'? REALLY??? :whistle:

You said bring him in above Snead. If anything he would be below Snead.

Smoothly this off season. McVay and Snead are getting along very well according to both of them.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
You said bring him in above Snead. If anything he would be below Snead.

Smoothly this off season. McVay and Snead are getting along very well according to both of them.

Okay, I just want to be sure I am understanding you here.
If anything Dorsey would be below Snead. Why? I mean why would a GM fresh from KC - and a LOT more success than the Rams have had, have to come in UNDER Snead - who has had NO success (wins and loss wise) to date? That doesn't even make sense.

Secondly - and again - what does McVay and Snead getting along well have to do with bringing in a Football man as VP of Football operations to run the Football organization? Please answer the question-

Ram65

Legend
Okay, I just want to be sure I am understanding you here.
If anything Dorsey would be below Snead. Why? I mean why would a GM fresh from KC - and a LOT more success than the Rams have had, have to come in UNDER Snead - who has had NO success (wins and loss wise) to date? That doesn't even make sense.

Secondly - and again - what does McVay and Snead getting along well have to do with bringing in a Football man as VP of Football operations to run the Football organization? Please answer the question-

Because he got fired as a GM. Did you read the article?

Given the power each then wielded, the stock criticism of Dorsey—that while he’s incredibly respected as an evaluator, he’s more scout than manager—was validated with a level of disorganization that was noticeable before the hyper-organized Ballard departed, and obvious after he left for Indy.

The quote says it all. He is more a scout than manager! As Den said he would be good a Director of Pro Player Personnel which Rams have an opening under Snead.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Because he got fired as a GM. Did you read the article?

The quote says it all. He is more a scout than manager! As Den said he would be good a Director of Pro Player Personnel which Rams have an opening under Snead.

Yes, I read the article. What's your point?
So he got fired as a GM that means he should not be hired again???? That's a pretty narrow view point.
You know Jay Gruden got fired as a HC before he WON A SUPERBOWL.
Just because someone gets fired from one gig does not necessarily mean they are bad at it.
And again, his won loss record is better than Snead's.

Okay.
Well, I'm not sure if he would be a good hire or not, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to kick the tires.
And if not him, then I feel we should look at someone else to hire as VP of Football Operations to run the Football part of things.