Check out the Rams DeskSite

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Hey Rams Fans,

I’m a digital strategist working in partnership with the St. Louis Rams, and I wanted to tell you about a new Rams video app. It’s designed for large screen, Internet-connected devices, like desktops, laptops, and Windows-based tablets, like Microsoft’s new Surface.

The app enables instantaneous video playback – with none of the buffering, freezing, or dropping you often get when streaming video from websites. Other features include the ability to fast-forward, rewind, and even playback videos in slow-motion. Content is automatically downloaded and stored locally on your hard drive, allowing you to watch videos even when you’re offline. It basically works just like a DVR, only it’s for your computer instead of a television set – and it’s always free.

Content includes tons of video exclusives, displayed in true high-definition, and usually in advance of the Rams website. In fact, you’ll even get notified whenever new videos arrive via optional audiovisual alerts. With 19 available channels to choose from, you can take them all or pick just one, it’s totally up to you.

We’d love to get your feedback, and we’d be thrilled if you’d help us get the word out.

I hope to hear from you –

http://www.stlouisrams.com/fans/desksite.html

Thanks!

Andy Webster

Awebster@DeskSite.com

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Slacker.

I've had it for months. :razzed:

Really cool app though, and I wholly recommend it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Let me know what I can do to help spread the word, Andy, and I'll be happy to assist.

I have to tell ya though. Every time my laptop restarts, if I have my volume up high because I was listening to music the night before, the "You have videos" wav that initializes when the app starts ... scares the hell outta me. lol.

Again, great app. I love being notified when new media is available from stlouisrams.com

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Probably. But she sounds kinda hot.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

just a quick question.

how much data does it eat up as a daily average?

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
DeskSiteAndy said:
Hey Rams Fans,

I’m a digital strategist working in partnership with the St. Louis Rams, and I wanted to tell you about a new Rams video app. It’s designed for large screen, Internet-connected devices, like desktops, laptops, and Windows-based tablets, like Microsoft’s new Surface.

The app enables instantaneous video playback – with none of the buffering, freezing, or dropping you often get when streaming video from websites. Other features include the ability to fast-forward, rewind, and even playback videos in slow-motion. Content is automatically downloaded and stored locally on your hard drive, allowing you to watch videos even when you’re offline. It basically works just like a DVR, only it’s for your computer instead of a television set – and it’s always free.

Content includes tons of video exclusives, displayed in true high-definition, and usually in advance of the Rams website. In fact, you’ll even get notified whenever new videos arrive via optional audiovisual alerts. With 19 available channels to choose from, you can take them all or pick just one, it’s totally up to you.

We’d love to get your feedback, and we’d be thrilled if you’d help us get the word out.

I hope to hear from you –

http://www.stlouisrams.com/fans/desksite.html

Thanks!

Andy Webster

Awebster@DeskSite.com

I just wish there was an iPad app for it. I would gladly give some cash for it.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
http://desksite.com/targeting.html

Cookie blocking, cookie deletion, “do not track” browser settings, and new privacy laws are crippling the ability of marketers to effectively target online video ads, much less control reach or frequency
. Of course, even with cookies fully enabled, browser-based profiles are mostly useless, considering that sixty-six (66%) percent of Americans still surf the Internet on multi-user computers. In contrast, our app-based sports network doesn’t use cookies or browsers or behavioral tracking or any other antiquated web-based mechanisms to profile our audience; instead, we know exactly who our viewers are from the start…after all, this is opt-in software from their favorite sports team.

Each app is uniquely identifiable and is associated with an anonymous demographic profile…so, for the first time in Internet history, marketers can explicitly target video ads by exact age and gender, while precisely controlling both reach and frequency – which is impossible to do through a website, such as Hulu or YouTube. For instance, we can exclusively target females (with female-centric ads), even within traditionally male-dominated audiences, like sports programming.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Sgt. Ram said:
I just wish there was an iPad app for it. I would gladly give some cash for it.

Make that Android for me. Hard to believe it supports Windows only. Android is far and away the leading mobile OS out there now. Maybe in the future?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Dude

I'm glad you like the app. We've put a ton of time and effort into this puppy and so its really nice to hear people are enjoying it.

Sorry about the "You've got videos" scares but that's a simple fix by going into the Options Menu and deselecting the audio alerts.

And yes, as it happens, she's pretty hot. The audible alert is our marketing director's voice:
http://www.desksite.com/contact/advertising.html

Oh and if you want to help get the word out, like the Rams or the DeskSite Facebook page or tweet about us. Tell your friends about this app and see what they think. The more fans that use the Rams DeskSite the more bells and whistles we'll be able to build into the app.

Andy

PhxRams

In order to make the alert go away, all you need to do is deselect the audio alert in the Options Menu.

Andy

Kurt Faulk,

Great question! It depends on how much content the Rams produce themselves. The app allows you to save anywhere from 2 gigs to 20 and deletes videos on a “first in first out” method which is very similar to how a DVR runs.

Andy

Sgt. Ram

There will be a version for Macs and IPads in the future. We’re aiming to have it out around the start of next season.

Andy

Interference,

Since the app is free, we support it with extremely limited video advertising, but what’s really cool is you will never see ads that aren’t appropriate to your age or gender. With websites it’s impossible to do this and because we are able to target video ads to you by age and gender, it means that we can send you less ads then you will typically face on a website for the same content.

Andy

Faceplant,

This app is only for large screen Internet connected devices like laptops, tablets, desktop computers and smart TVs. This App is specifically not designed for smart phones. That said, when first bringing this product to the market we wanted to make it as widely distributed as possible and that’s why we chose Windows. In the future we will be compatible with all sorts of different operating systems including but not limited to a person’s Mac or IPad.

Andy

PhxRam

Thanks for you answers DeskSiteAndy.

You ever consider making a embeddable version for websites?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wow. She IS pretty hot.
What would it cost me to get her to say, "You've got videos, you sexy beast." ?

stan

Rookie
X said:
Wow. She IS pretty hot.
What would it cost me to get her to say, "You've got videos, you sexy beast." ?

10 years. :razzed: