Charles White dies at 64

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Charles White dies at 64​

1673509244535.png

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Damn. RIP 33.

Tano

Legend
Great USC back that got drafted by the wrong team since they already had Billy Sims

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
His get-cleaned-up and comeback with the Rams story is one of my favorite Rams moments in time. Loved the guy.. ran so damn hard.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

White Fought Many Things​

Loved watching him play, it was an honor. RIP Mr. White and thank you for the memories.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'll always remember a game in St. Louis against the Cardinals by the LA Rams in the strike-shortened 1987 season where White just ground it out on the ground to help drain 11 minutes off the clock and preserve a 27-24 Rams victory.

RIP, Charles.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Not good news.... RIP, Mr White!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Dang, really enjoyed watching him too many too young checking out.

Vapor

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Vapor
Remember him running behind our great O-line in the 80's after Dickerson left.
Not sure but think he lead the league at one point.
RIP

Just found it: For the Los Angeles Rams, he led the league in rushing in 1987 and was named the NFL's Comeback Player of the Year.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'll always remember a game in St. Louis against the Cardinals by the LA Rams in the strike-shortened 1987 season where White just ground it out on the ground to help drain 11 minutes off the clock and preserve a 27-24 Rams victory.

RIP, Charles.

I have to stand corrected, it was 24-24 when the Rams began their final drive to drain the clock, kicking the FG at the gun. White had 213 yards on the day. This video, starting around the 12:00 mark, has much of that final drive.

View: https://youtu.be/jUIPTi8-Zyk?t=724

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
1987 I was at RFK stadium and watched White run over the eventual SB champ Redskins for a Mon night win. Our OL plowing the way for him was a sight to see too.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A bit of wonderful trivia - to me anyway.

Which is the only team who has had 3 different consecutive 1,000-yard season rushers (this was a long time ago so it may have now been matched or beaten since)?

The Rams with Dickerson, White and Bell.

He was the epitome of TOUGH!

A sad loss.

David Ray

Rookie
Name
Randall
The late Kenny Stabler?
Yeah, I knew I recognized the voice but had to do a wiki search on CBS NFL game analysts and he did work for the network in that capacity in 1987. After executing the search and coming across his name, the bell rang.

Last edited: