Chargers waive Sony Michel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they want to bring him back for this season to help with depth, whatever. We need to aim higher for future years. He was middling for us last year, and he's been bad for the Chargers this year. We should be looking for a potential impact player to pair with Akers, not a mediocre HB.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I would've been stoked to sign Sony about 16 weeks ago. Now? Not so much.

Two NFL teams have waived him. Building for 2023, kinda hard to see Sony as a real difference maker.

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Two NFL teams have waived him. Building for 2023, kinda hard to see Sony as a real difference maker.

He was for the Rams. It's no different for Mayfield. Baker was a bust everywhere except in LA. The difference is the scheme. Right now they are using Malcolm Brown. Sony would be a much better #3 RB option. It would take that off the table in the draft.

If Snead makes a play for DeForest Buckner then they have AD's replacement going forward. Next year they can play AD at DE where it will be much harder to double him. And that puts that off the table as they can draft an edge in the third round and develop him for a year. There are some decent edges that might drop into the 3rd round. They aren't starter ready but could be in 2024. Along with Hardy that would give them depth for 2023.

The Rams second and a first next year probably would swing the deal. They get a 29 y/o elite 3T who got 9 sacks this year on a defense that ranks in the second half of the league.

Remember this year the Rams only have 2 picks on day two with the rest in the 6th and 7th round.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He was for the Rams. It's no different for Mayfield. Baker was a bust everywhere except in LA. The difference is the scheme. Right now they are using Malcolm Brown. Sony would be a much better #3 RB option. It would take that off the table in the draft.

If Snead makes a play for DeForest Buckner then they have AD's replacement going forward. Next year they can play AD at DE where it will be much harder to double him. And that puts that off the table as they can draft an edge in the third round and develop him for a year. There are some decent edges that might drop into the 3rd round. They aren't starter ready but could be in 2024. Along with Hardy that would give them depth for 2023.

The Rams second and a first next year probably would swing the deal. They get a 29 y/o elite 3T who got 9 sacks this year on a defense that ranks in the second half of the league.

Remember this year the Rams only have 2 picks on day two with the rest in the 6th and 7th round.

AD99 has been playing more DE vs OLB. In a 3/4 we’re do the DE’s llne up? He doesn’t line up outside the tackle but just inside & covers the Edge on the run.
—Last year or 2 seasons ago the NINER’s blasted him with a pulling player when he has on the outside & then went inside with the run. Shanahan has plays purposely to attack AD99.

Sony? He is what he is. I thought once Miami got rid of him The Rams should have picked him up. Malcom Brown has been the better Ram. The Fact he plays special teams is a BIG thing.

I appreciate what Sony did as a Ram. He just struggled towards the end. He couldn’t catch out of the backfield. Akers couldn’t block. HENDO made IMO the play of the game with his 3rd down catch(cinncy).

The Rams are going to look at there options Malcom Briwn once he was signed on the practice squad,I said that was a Good Move. A poster kept saying any of us had as much chance of making the Rams roster. My point is Malcom Briwn was with Cam Akers his rookie season. They know & are comfortable together. Mcvay is a coach who builds the team with relations & mentoring. You see it all over.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh. I think it’s time to move on. I wouldn’t be interested in signing him. He’s clearly aging.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Glad to read some of the posts in this thread because it always seemed like Sony received a ton of love on here and I didn't get it. I know he's a great blocker but other than that I'll pass.