Chargers released RT Joseph Barksdale.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6508/joe-barksdale

Joe Barksdale battled early-season knee problems and was inactive for Sunday night's win over Pittsburgh for personal reasons. The Chargers will move forward with 2017 sixth-round pick Sam Tevi as their starting right tackle. If 29-year-old Barksdale still wants to play, he shouldn't struggle to find work. Dec 3 - 3:56 PM

Ex Ram Joe Barksdale waived by the Chargers
https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2018/12/3/18124443/breaking-joe-barksdale-waived-by-the-chargers

Joe Barksdale appears to be leaving the team

By Matthew Stanley
usa_today_10991193.0.jpg

It appears that Joe Barksdale’s time with the Los Angeles Chargers has come to an end.

I just want to take a moment to say thank you to the Chargers organization and all of the true die hard Charger Fans. Since 2015 this team has been my home and my teammates my family. I will truly miss everyone, but look forward to what the future has in store for me.

— Joseph Barksdale (@jbdale72) December 3, 2018
It’s hard to tell if he’s getting IR’d and expecting to be released after, or if he is getting released now, or simply retiring.
#Chargers are waiving veteran OT Joe Barksdale, source said. Barksdale (@jbdale72 tweeted his goodbye). He’s been inactive as of late, but is healthy.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 3, 2018
Well there we have it, the Chargers have waived Joe Barksdale. He has been a little banged up but is apparently healthy. Barksdale had not been playing up to expectations. He has been a decent pass protector however he has been a poor run blocker for a while now. 6th round pick Sam Tevi has been splitting time with Barksdale for most of the season and has now completely taken over.

I also wonder if maybe he asked for this move to take some time for himself. As almost everyone should know, Joe has been battling with some mental problems for a while now and getting banged up again and losing his starting job certainly can’t be helping.

Psycho_X

Legend
He's a head case but if any playoff team loses a tackle between now and the playoffs I'm sure his phone will be ringing.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I remember that cat, was a gem in our abysmal oline years ago. Was just thinking about him couple of days ago actually. Sad to hear about the mental problems.

jjab360

Legend
He's a head case but if any playoff team loses a tackle between now and the playoffs I'm sure his phone will be ringing.

That's a bit insensitive, all he's ever done regarding his depression is share his story. No one even knew anything was wrong until he said something

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Not cool, Psycho. Joe was always very kind to us here. (n)

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Good person. Good football player. I wish him all the best and, if he is willing to sign a deal on the cheap to just serve as depth on some team's o-line in case injuries strike, I doubt he will be out of work for long. Heck, I'd welcome him back to the Rams in that type of situation.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Pretty sure Washington needs like 11 OL right now.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Just checked out some of the Chats that Joe Barksdale had on this board several years ago. Very generous of him to share his time with fans here.

fearsomefour

Legend
He was a pretty high draft pick that flamed out with the Raiders and by all reports worked his ass off to become a starting T.
If he wants to keep playing he will find a team.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Skins OL coach is scrouring the homeless camps of DC for O Line recruits as we speak.:burp:

Psycho_X

Legend
That's a bit insensitive, all he's ever done regarding his depression is share his story. No one even knew anything was wrong until he said something

Ok? I mean, he's had some pretty severe issues. Doesn't mean he's a bad guy or un-signable. But I'm sure it'd be on the forefront of any discussions teams have with him or his agent is all I meant by it.