Chances Snisher will Trade-up from #13?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
If Clowney goes #1 then my guess is we don't find a trading partner at #2. So, for the purposes of this thread, how likely do you think it is that we move-up from #13, who do you think we'd trade with, and what player do you think we'll target?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We are about to pizz Stranger off by hijacking his thread... :LOL:

RamzFanz

Damnit
I like the idea of trading up but it would probably be too costly unless Rams trade down first and have extra picks.

A trade down to #4 gaining just a 2nd round, I would then give #13, 3rd, 5th, and 7th. for #6 or better.

At #4 and #6 I would grab Mathews and Robinson assuming Watkins is gone. If one of those 2 were also gone, then Evans and the other.

That leaves 2 second rounders for CB / FS / S

That's some wishful thinking though. I doubt a trade up if there is no trade down.

In truth, a #2 and #13 is golden.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I like the idea of trading up but it would probably be too costly unless Rams trade down first and have extra picks.

A trade down to #4 gaining just a 2nd round, I would then give #13, 3rd, 5th, and 7th. for #6 or better.

At #4 and #6 I would grab Mathews and Robinson assuming Watkins is gone. If one of those 2 were also gone, then Evans and the other.

That leaves 2 second rounders for CB / FS / S

That's some wishful thinking though. I doubt a trade up if there is no trade down.

In truth, a #2 and #13 is golden.
Yeah - I agree that there has likely got to be a trade down for there to be a trade back up. Anyone think there is a possibility to do both and end up with two picks in the top 10?

jap

Legend
The only way I see The Snisher Duet trading up is if Clowney fell into their lap, and they don't get a reasonable or super-reasonable offer. So they grab Clowney but still need a tackle. So they trade up to grab either Robinson or Matthews, depending on who they favor.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The only way I see The Snisher Duet trading up is if Clowney fell into their lap, and they don't get a reasonable or super-reasonable offer. So they grab Clowney but still need a tackle. So they trade up to grab either Robinson or Matthews, depending on who they favor.
Probably right - especially if this draft is indeed as deep as we keep being fed.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
If you took clowney at two the only player they trade back up for is watkins. NWIH they use a one and a two to draft a Lt who is going to play guard for two years. In my opinion of course. And just for the record robinson is my personal favorite player in the draft.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If you took clowney at two the only player they trade back up for is watkins. NWIH they use a one and a two to draft a Lt who is going to play guard for two years. In my opinion of course. And just for the record robinson is my personal favorite player in the draft.
I thought your screen name was SANE RamsFan. :D

I don't pretend to know what the Rams are going to do. I just know that this draft can't get here soon enough.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Snead is already known for trading...down and its obviously been his ace up the sleeve...one of the first if ever Rams GM to have huge balls to "ohhhhhh take the money and run" if you will.

I do not see us trading up from our #13...stay put and likely still grab the #1 on their board when its time.

Last edited:

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I thought your screen name was SANE RamsFan. :D

I don't pretend to know what the Rams are going to do. I just know that this draft can't get here soon enough.
Yea we have pretty much beat every scenario to death and than some. Now people are flat out making stuff up. Nobody knows what they will do for sure. I just dont see us spending two high picks for one player in a deep draft. Stack your board and stick to it. You will come out of it with an improvex roster from top to bottom.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Snead is already know for trading...down and its obviously been his ace up the sleeve...one of the first if ever Rams GM to have huge balls to "ohhhhhh take the money and run" if you will.

I do not see us trading up from our #13...stay put and likely still grab the #1 on their board when its time.

I may not either. But I also wouldn't put it past him. Why sit on a bunch of picks if you could package some up and move up a few spots? We pretty much know there are not 12 spots available on this team. Maybe in reality, there are only a few that could possibly be upgraded through the draft. Gotta keep the comp picks but I would think the trade tables are open on every other pick. Come away with 3 or 4 starters and IMO we are scary.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yea we have pretty much beat every scenario to death and than some. Now people are flat out making stuff up. Nobody knows what they will do for sure. I just dont see us spending two high picks for one player in a deep draft. Stack your board and stick to it. You will come out of it with an improvex roster from top to bottom.
No doubt. But moving positions on high picks and packaging in some of the lower picks is still a possibility. It doesn't really do us much good to have a bunch of lower round picks that have virtually no chance of making the roster. Who knows? I don't. Kinda makes this regime all the more exciting. With BD it was surprising if we made any substantial deviation. With Snead and Fish it's like watching the last few laps in a car race.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Say we trade down to pick up Watkins, Robinson, Matthews, Mack and trade up to get one of those (if a couple of qbs go and are within reach), or say Evans, Donald, Lewan, or top DB.