Championship Game Day Menu...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We can still eat good today right?

My sister is down here for a volleyball tournament that my niece is playing in. My niece has to stay with the team, but my sis is coming over this afternoon.

So I'm making my homemade chicken tortilla soup. I'm about to throw two chickens on my egg to smoke beer can style. I'm using Modelo beer this time. Both yardbirds will go into the soup. It's one of my favorite things to eat. I have have this shit perfected my bois if I do say so myself. Each time I'm able to make a slight improvement though.

My daughter in law is making homemade corn tortillas and will be bringing those over. That's gonna be like the icing on the cake.

I'll take a few pics as I put this together.

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yard birds smoking. CHECK

20210124_095622.jpg

20210124_100650.jpg

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Love @Selassie I and the term Yard Bird as well, remember the first time I heard that phrase at a young age from a youngster that had moved to New York from Arkansas and had no idea what it was, think I was in the first grade and still remember Bobby Ladd fondly....Anyway as I digress, I will follow your lead as we are doing barbecue ribs today, Kansas City Style, but we are rooting for Buffalo.

1611502547524.png

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I have two steaks marinated... but the wind has kicked up, it’s snowing lightly, and it’s fairly cold.... The grill looks kind of far away out there on the deck.

So, I started a pot of chili as backup plan and I think I need to go that route, try those steaks tomorrow.

So to fancy this up... I‘ll do some skinny spaghetti noodles to serve as thin bed in bowl for chilli on top. Sort of like Steak and Shake chilli mac. (y)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You making that soup in a 55 gallon barrel? :p

How much will that yield?

My giant silver cauldron may not hold 55 gallons... but it holds a shit ton. I use this thing a lot actually.

I always cook way too much. I do have 7 or 8 people coming over. But I should have a good amount left over. It tastes great the next day, and it freezes well too. I can never make enough of this.

Here it is...

20210124_120824.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Great minds! I was hoping to make a tortilla soup today as well... As usual, you are winning with those big ol Yard Birds. I was gonna grab rotisserie....

View attachment 43156

That's hilarious man.

Rotisserie chicken works too. LOL. I've used that and chicken breasts. A lot less work. But smoking 2 yard birds on my egg is pretty damn easy. My neighbors love it... the whole neighborhood smells like a BBQ joint when they're smoking.

I am gonna have the wife pick the meat off the birds. I put the skin in the soup too. I have to watch for kitchen buzzards trying to snake it though... that shit is fire. I cut it up in small pieces. You can do the same with your rotisserie.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This is going in too. I got the wife dealing with the cilantro.

20210124_130940.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just did a heat check on the birds. I'm gonna leave em on about 30 minutes more. Then I'll let em rest (covered) for about 45 minutes before I have the wife clean the meat off.

20210124_131327.jpg

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That's hilarious man.

Rotisserie chicken works too. LOL. I've used that and chicken breasts. A lot less work. But smoking 2 yard birds on my egg is pretty damn easy. My neighbors love it... the whole neighborhood smells like a BBQ joint when they're smoking.

I am gonna have the wife pick the meat off the birds. I put the skin in the soup too. I have to watch for kitchen buzzards trying to snake it though... that shit is fire. I cut it up in small pieces. You can do the same with your rotisserie.
I would have made beer ass yard bird, but it is currently colder than a penguins pecker outside and I am out of propane.... I know, another fail... Just call me Hank Hill.
20210124_140546.jpg

But this shit finna go DOWN!!!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
We did steak and spaghetti with a bit of garlic baguette on the side... but I'm just here for Selassies photos.