Chad Reuter claims the Rams wanted Nix

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
So we wanted a OL, WR, TE and now a QB at 19 (or moving higher) huh? And the Rams gave this info out to all these folks?
Yeah right. If they have out info like that, then it was smokescreens.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Nix would have been interesting for sure. I personally think he's the best pure QB in this draft class but what do I know

Tano

Legend
Nix would have been interesting for sure. I personally think he's the best pure QB in this draft class but what do I know

Rose Leslie Hbo GIF by Game of Thrones

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Best chance to win it all this year was taking a DE, our biggest need, and a great one dropped to us. We can thank all the other teams that reached for QBs for that one.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

View: https://x.com/masedenver/status/1785933125853262231?s=46&t=7TXL1Le76GrA3JT24H6N0A

I guess it’s possible, but how could this guy actually be the only person to have this info.

Shrager and some others say it was Bowers that they wanted.

Jourdan made it sound like Verse was their choice if they couldn’t get Bowers.

Well if the Rams did want Nix and were trying to move up to get him, I would think they wouldn't want Stafford to catch wind of that. But he would find out at some point so maybe they'd let him know that may happen. And maybe they did. In fact that may be why he decided he wanted more guaranteed money. They would then feed the Bowers line to the media, which to me felt a bit iffy simply because he is far too similar to Kupp. I.e. adding him means Kupp moves to a less useful role.

I don't necessarily believe this is true or anything. But who knows really. It is possible, not like it matters though because they ended up with a very good approach and one I preferred which was heavy on defense. Which should bear a lot of fruit this year when Stafford leads us to his second title.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Woulda, shoulda, coulda!!!!! What happened is the best thing that could have happened so it was the plan or we got awful lucky!!!!! Either way, I love it!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If he fell in their lap at 19, I could see that they would have had a tough time passing him up. Doesn't mean they were willing to trade up for him or that he was a focus, but if he was there at 19, maybe then they would have pivoted to him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Chad Reuter is full of shit. Bowers was the target. Verse was second choice.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

View: https://x.com/masedenver/status/1785933125853262231?s=46&t=7TXL1Le76GrA3JT24H6N0A

I guess it’s possible, but how could this guy actually be the only person to have this info.

Shrager and some others say it was Bowers that they wanted.

Jourdan made it sound like Verse was their choice if they couldn’t get Bowers.

If he fell in their lap at 19, I could see that they would have had a tough time passing him up. Doesn't mean they were willing to trade up for him or that he was a focus, but if he was there at 19, maybe then they would have pivoted to him.
The Rams should neither confirm or deny these rumors. They drafted Verse. Full stop. Personally, I think they wanted Caleb and Bowers but that wasn't going to happen. Just like I want to be good looking, rich and 30 but I'm 67. Have to settle for Verse and be happy. Who gives a flying fuck what Reuter says? How'd his mock turn out accuracy-wise?

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
So we wanted a OL, WR, TE and now a QB at 19 (or moving higher) huh? And the Rams gave this info out to all these folks?
Yeah right. If they have out info like that, then it was smokescreens.
Maybe they did tell different sources different plans. The used the media to lie for them, confusing EVERYONE.

TexasRam

Legend
1. Draft 101 - Never leak your target prospects.

2. Coaching 101 - Always tell selected player he was targeted all along.

3. Media 101 - Always posture as one with insider information.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I have a hard time believing they wanted to use their first pick on a quarterback that wouldn't be starting for the next 3 years. I can believe they wanted to trade up for Bowers or a left tackle. But the 6th quarterback left? One who a lot people had rated as a second round pick? When they have the best quarterback in the division? Arguably the best quarterback in the NFC?