CFL WR Eric Rogers visit!?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

manmaderam

The one and only
So I was reading about some FA WR and stumbled across this article about an interesting prospect.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-85498730/

It goes into detail about this 6'5" CFL standout named Eric Rogers, who has close to 1500 receiving yards and 10 TD in 86 catches.

Apparently he has worked out for the 49ers, Eagles, Patriots, Texans, and Bears. And according to the article, he has 16 visits lined up.

Do you think the Rams could have a visited lined up with him? Kid could be a better Brian Quick!

He would be a great low risk high reward kind of guy.

**Found the other articles on him as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...private-workout-with-cfl-wideout-eric-rogers/

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
He's definitely worth a shot. With Quick regressing and who knows with Bailey (although I and pretty much everyone in the world wants to see him play again), any move we can make to upgrade our offense is a move we must take.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He wasn't drafted by Fish, and did not play for the Titans, so no. :p

Ok in all seriousness... Let's hope so!

RamzFanz

Damnit
So I was reading about some FA WR and stumbled across this article about an interesting prospect.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-85498730/

It goes into detail about this 6'5" CFL standout named Eric Rogers, who has close to 1500 receiving yards and 10 TD in 86 catches.

Apparently he has worked out for the 49ers, Eagles, Patriots, Texans, and Bears. And according to the article, he has 16 visits lined up.

Do you think the Rams could have a visited lined up with him? Kid could be a better Brian Quick!

He would be a great low risk high reward kind of guy.

**Found the other articles on him as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...private-workout-with-cfl-wideout-eric-rogers/

Has he ever stocked grocery shelves?

manmaderam

The one and only
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's definitely worth a shot. With Quick regressing and who knows with Bailey (although I and pretty much everyone in the world wants to see him play again), any move we can make to upgrade our offense is a move we must take.

I concur. Our offense needs anything to help it

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
1297728743472_ORIGINAL.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
Why not?
The Rams are going to need to add several WRs to the team. Marquez is the 5 or 6 guy/ST guy. Assuming Britt stays with Austin that gives two actual receivers. I would like to resign Quick on the cheap, sign a guy like this....a prospect that has experience but doesn't cost a ton, add a FA and draft a guy or two to fill out the position.

manmaderam

The one and only
Why not?
The Rams are going to need to add several WRs to the team. Marquez is the 5 or 6 guy/ST guy. Assuming Britt stays with Austin that gives two actual receivers. I would like to resign Quick on the cheap, sign a guy like this....a prospect that has experience but doesn't cost a ton, add a FA and draft a guy or two to fill out the position.

I agree that Eric Rogers would be a low risk high reward kind of player.

Her'e some of his highlights:

AFL Highlights

College Highlights

fearsomefour

Legend
Thanks for the video....the college stuff looks like a guy who can just be more athletic than the guy he is playing, doesn't show much route running....
Here is a quick 2013 pre draft scouting report summation....
Strengths

- Willing and able blocker

- Excels at making catches in traffic

- High points the ball extremely well

- Outstanding Red Zone threat

- Large catch radius

Weaknesses

- Suspect route runner

- Lacks top end speed

- Questionable strength

Now, this same report listed him at 6' 3", not 6' 5". Not sure which one is accurate....or maybe he grew....I knew a kid that grew 4 inches after he turned 20. Anyway, my first though with that break down and watching the tape and seeing that summation is a partial replacement for Cook. Bulk him up to 250 and put him in that receiving TE/H back sort of roll.
Who knows? Probably better to not ask a guy to make that sort of transition. On the cheap (enough bonus to get him to sign here) I would do it certainly, however, what the Rams need more than anything at the WR position is a true route runner who can be consistent. A 4.3 vs a 4.6 or something, I could care less....with Britt and Austin and Quick if he is back the Rams have athletes, they need a guy who can run a great route and get first downs.

manmaderam

The one and only
I never thought about him replacing cook....hmmm that's definetly an interesting thought

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Thanks for the video....the college stuff looks like a guy who can just be more athletic than the guy he is playing, doesn't show much route running....
Here is a quick 2013 pre draft scouting report summation....
Strengths

- Willing and able blocker

- Excels at making catches in traffic

- High points the ball extremely well

- Outstanding Red Zone threat

- Large catch radius

Weaknesses

- Suspect route runner

- Lacks top end speed

- Questionable strength

Now, this same report listed him at 6' 3", not 6' 5". Not sure which one is accurate....or maybe he grew....I knew a kid that grew 4 inches after he turned 20. Anyway, my first though with that break down and watching the tape and seeing that summation is a partial replacement for Cook. Bulk him up to 250 and put him in that receiving TE/H back sort of roll.
Who knows? Probably better to not ask a guy to make that sort of transition. On the cheap (enough bonus to get him to sign here) I would do it certainly, however, what the Rams need more than anything at the WR position is a true route runner who can be consistent. A 4.3 vs a 4.6 or something, I could care less....with Britt and Austin and Quick if he is back the Rams have athletes, they need a guy who can run a great route and get first downs.
Pro day numbers:

Rogers : vertical leap of 37 inches, a broad jump mark of 10 feet, 1 inch, and times of 4.1 and 6.89 seconds in the shuttle and cone drill, respectively. He also benched 225 pounds nine times, and ran a 40, hand timed ranged between 4.48 - 4.51, during 3 runs, by several watches.

Officially listed at 6'3" even at his Pro day.

manmaderam

The one and only
Pro day numbers:

Rogers : vertical leap of 37 inches, a broad jump mark of 10 feet, 1 inch, and times of 4.1 and 6.89 seconds in the shuttle and cone drill, respectively. He also benched 225 pounds nine times, and ran a 40, hand timed ranged between 4.48 - 4.51, during 3 runs, by several watches.

Officially listed at 6'3" even at his Pro day.

Yeah I think I accidentally put 6'5". My bad