CELEBRATE !! Celebration thread...shoot its a pheW

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I have decided that his soft zone shit last year was due to having crappy assistant coaches (or having them in the wrong positions) due to losing a lot of assistant coaches after winning the SB and he trying to cover for them.
Wow. Jourdan explained what happened 2022 several times in articles and poscasts

SMDH

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One thing I'm wondering about here is whether Raheem has found some interesting schematic advantages in what the Ravens have done of late to SF and Miami in consecutive weeks. Now of course their player quality is a big part of that. But here's a recent Kittle quote from a recent SI article:

"They’re the 1 seed in the AFC for a reason,” 49ers tight end George Kittle said. “They did a really good job the first couple series [with] different defensive fronts the whole time. You’re trying to go against nickel, against base, five down, four down. You’re trying to call the right play to go against those things. They obviously did a great job of taking away our middle stuff.”

Maybe there's some things in those victories against SF and Miami that we can use. And even better hopefully there's some stuff that can be boiled out of those results to help someone knock SF the fuck out of the playoffs as per usual. :hug:

Tano

Legend
Wow. Jourdan explained what happened 2022 several times in articles and poscasts

SMDH
I haven't read her articles so no clue what she said about 2022.

All I know is that last year Raheem played soft zone the majority of the time even with having Ramsey Hill Gaines Wagner Floyd Scott Rapp etc

This year Raheem has players on the defensive side that are definitely not as good as last years players yet he has played aggressive much more often.

My conclusion - must have been lousy coaching by the assistants last year since we had a huge assistant turnover both this year and last year. (Last year was due to poaching.) So this year McVay and Raheem must have seen something they didn't like in their assistant coaches.

Am I wrong per Jourdan?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So you don't think he played well with his injury? That would be a matter if opinion because I think he did. He got the injury in the 1st qtr and went on to play through it.
Maybe he played well for an injured player. I saw him getting pushed around most of the game.

And I’m pretty sure that you didn’t mention his injury in you original post. He’s a good versatile backup. He’s not starter material imo.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
One thing I'm wondering about here is whether Raheem has found some interesting schematic advantages in what the Ravens have done of late to SF and Miami in consecutive weeks. Now of course their player quality is a big part of that. But here's a recent Kittle quote from a recent SI article:

"They’re the 1 seed in the AFC for a reason,” 49ers tight end George Kittle said. “They did a really good job the first couple series [with] different defensive fronts the whole time. You’re trying to go against nickel, against base, five down, four down. You’re trying to call the right play to go against those things. They obviously did a great job of taking away our middle stuff.”

Maybe there's some things in those victories against SF and Miami that we can use. And even better hopefully there's some stuff that can be boiled out of those results to help someone knock SF the fuck out of the playoffs as per usual. :hug:
The Browns focused on taking away the middle of the field and it worked well.

RamWoodie

Legend
Maybe he played well for an injured player. I saw him getting pushed around most of the game.

And I’m pretty sure that you didn’t mention his injury in you original post. He’s a good versatile backup. He’s not starter material imo.
You're correct, I had no idea he was injured until it came out on Monday (I think). Also no, I don't think he should start either... but he's a valuable versatile piece to the OLine.