CB Free Agents

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Looks like we are going to let DWill walk, is there a FA you want to fill that gap?

I know Rochelle is young and has good measurable but are we good with him there.

I have to give JC Jackson a look if he makes it to the market? Any way we are in that market????

If not who is in our range? There are a ton of guys out there.

1647018244159.png

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Did Rashul Douglas get resigned?

Not that I'm aware of yet. I read somewhere that he wants to explore free agency. I had Rasul Douglas as a free agent pick-up in my last mock, so I'm watching him carefully.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I think Hayward, Pat Pete, or Harris might be interesting 1 year contract guys looking to get a ring before they hang it up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Any suggestions for a very low-cost upside potential CB?
Low cost plus upside is the draft. It's the Rams' biggest need and cap space is tight, so that's a likely drafted position. If there's a corner they like there round 3 I have to think that's the pick.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Unlike our IOL, S & ILB positions, the Rams don't seem to mind trading for or paying for quality free agent CB's. We don't have to seek out the most expensive guy, there are some very good young mid to moderately expensive players which might be had though for a great pairing with Ramsey. The real negative may come down to how it affects our 2023 compensatory draft picks.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Peterson would be a nice vet at Safety. Jackson or Fuller at CB would be nice too. I hope the avoid Jimmy Smith (even though he’s a CU guy) he’s a head case who makes poor decisions through out the game.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Low cost plus upside is the draft. It's the Rams' biggest need and cap space is tight, so that's a likely drafted position. If there's a corner they like there round 3 I have to think that's the pick.
Unless they signed someone to a two year deal, I think they’d have to draft a corner early too. But how good of a corner could they get at the end of round three? I doubt it would be a guy ready to start and Rochell has lost a lot of development time.

It feels like they will have to try for a veteran stopgap type for insurance. Even if they do that the corner depth isn’t great, unless you like small guys who can’t cover big receivers or tackle well. Jourdan thinks the Rams want Deayon back but to me that says they can’t afford better.

Signing Von Miller and keeping the pass rush pressure up will be important if Deayon ends up starting or becoming the nickel and dime guy full time.

Ram65

Legend
Jourdan thinks the Rams want Deayon back but to me that says they can’t afford better.

Deayon has had his good moments. Obviously not a good matchup against big WRs. He will come cheap and is decent depth insurance.

Robert Rochell lol

The Rams and most here are counting on him and Long!

The Rams need some Snead magic here.

I was hoping they also had their eye on a low-cost free agent.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DD played with heart but he just isn’t big enough to play some of the big WRs in the league.

With out late position in the draft I don’t see us getting someone that can contribute at CB this year.

If we aren’t going for a bigger CB to take on those assignments maybe they should go for a sticky cover guy to play in the slot?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Unless they signed someone to a two year deal, I think they’d have to draft a corner early too. But how good of a corner could they get at the end of round three? I doubt it would be a guy ready to start and Rochell has lost a lot of development time.

It feels like they will have to try for a veteran stopgap type for insurance. Even if they do that the corner depth isn’t great, unless you like small guys who can’t cover big receivers or tackle well. Jourdan thinks the Rams want Deayon back but to me that says they can’t afford better.

Signing Von Miller and keeping the pass rush pressure up will be important if Deayon ends up starting or becoming the nickel and dime guy full time.
No idea if they can find a starter in round 3 in this draft. But I will say I've seen a lot of love for the defensive front depth across the board and this draft is said to be very deep. So that insinuates good players available longer. Maybe they get lucky and a round 2 value in a normal draft slides to us there in late round 3.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
No idea if they can find a starter in round 3 in this draft. But I will say I've seen a lot of love for the defensive front depth across the board and this draft is said to be very deep. So that insinuates good players available longer. Maybe they get lucky and a round 2 value in a normal draft slides to us there in late round 3.
Need a John Johnson type Deja Vu

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think we go heavy on CB and RB in our draft… and/or UDFA. Usually can find value late there too.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Bryce Callahan or Tavon Young make sense.

It'll be a cheap NCB type of anything.

Although.....let's just let all the OL walk and cut Havenstein and then re-sign Miller, sign Wagner and Gilmore.

Who needs an OL at that point?

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My guess is a corner and a safety are the first picks in the draft, and maybe a tight end. The Rams are well known for drafting O-linemen in the later rounds and developing them. Running back(s) will come in the later rounds as well. No free agent signings because the team needs comp picks and can't spend money. JMO.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I never believe that money is a problem for the Rams and hearing Snead say he doesn’t expect a lot of restructuring makes me think just the opposite is possible.

I think he plays the media and they keep things tight to the best in order to take advantage of situations where other organizations think there is no way for them to be active.

Still no news on AD and Stafford contracts makes me think they are making room for others.