Catch The F'n Ball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ninedeuce

Rookie
Seriously. If it isn't Quick, it's Thomas or Duke. I would say this is getting old but that was a long long time ago. When is Spruce gonna be good to go?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff is supposed to make them better see? And until he can, he's just not ready.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A few of these guys should be in front of a jugs machine 8 hours a day .

fearsomefour

Legend
A few of these guys should be in front of a jugs machine 8 hours a day .
They probably are every day.
Game speed is different, being able to see "through" and ignore a defender is different. Getting hit is different. Half the rookies are probably used to be open by 4 yards on a lot of catches.
Traffic, speed, hitting, focus.
Jugs works on technique. Bringing that to a game just takes real reps.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Game speed is different, being able to see "through" and ignore a defender is different. Getting hit is different. Half the rookies are probably used to be open by 4 yards on a lot of catches.
Somebody should be slapping pads and screaming in their ears while they are on the jugs. Something to try and break concentration.

fearsomefour

Legend
Goff is supposed to make them better see? And until he can, he's just not ready.
If he started week 1 against a good D on the road and got fooled by coverages, took sacks and fumbled snaps, who would you blame?
The same coach who said he is takin his time with him.
If you watch the two QBs play and can't see the difference in timing, rhythm, confidence and consistency....well.....

fearsomefour

Legend
Somebody should be slapping pads and screaming in their ears while they are on the jugs. Something to try and break concentration.
Get Singletary in a helmet, line him up 3 yards away and let him get out some frustrations on them...."Thomas, you're up."

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he started week 1 against a good D on the road and got fooled by coverages, took sacks and fumbled snaps, who would you blame?
The same coach who said he is takin his time with him.
If you watch the two QBs play and can't see the difference in timing, rhythm, confidence and consistency....well.....
I don't think that would happen.
I think he would play fine as the offensive game plan would be so restrictive it would limit the mistakes. That's at least what the successfull coaches have done

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Seriously. If it isn't Quick, it's Thomas or Duke. I would say this is getting old but that was a long long time ago. When is Spruce gonna be good to go?
We'll see if any of these WR's are around come Wednesday!!!:D

" BRING BACK THE USE OF STICK-UM!!"(y)(y)

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't think that would happen.
I think he would play fine as the offensive game plan would be so restrictive it would limit the mistakes. That's at least what the successfull coaches have done
I'm not tracking with you.
So, to avoid running an offense out there that is totally dependent on Gurley and is predictable you want to run a rookie out and limit the O? Doesn't make sense.
Play the more experienced guy. The guy less likely to be fooled by a good D. The guy less likely to turn it over and run the whole O. If the team is 5-3 and in playoff contention half way through, then keep truckin. If they are not let him take his knocks. Either way in that scenario he has had half a season to see how NFL game prep goes and knows the O more. To start him be default seems to be giving up or risking giving up on the season out of the gate.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not tracking with you.
So, to avoid running an offense out there that is totally dependent on Gurley and is predictable you want to run a rookie out and limit the O? Doesn't make sense.
Play the more experienced guy. The guy less likely to be fooled by a good D. The guy less likely to turn it over and run the whole O. If the team is 5-3 and in playoff contention half way through, then keep truckin. If they are not let him take his knocks. Either way in that scenario he has had half a season to see how NFL game prep goes and knows the O more. To start him be default seems to be giving up or risking giving up on the season out of the gate.
The same guy who just lost to San Fran in the last game of the year when his team was on a high and the 49ers in disaster mode?
Sorry man but I haven't seen anything from Keenum that leads me to believe he's going to be any different than what we saw last year.

fearsomefour

Legend
The same guy who just lost to San Fran in the last game of the year when his team was on a high and the 49ers in disaster mode?
Sorry man but I haven't seen anything from Keenum that leads me to believe he's going to be any different than what we saw last year.
Depends on the O and what the new coordinator does.
If the approach and scheme are just as bad the. It won't matter who is playing. If the scheme is better and execution is better, I think he can win.
Nothing happens in a vacuum.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Hon many drops were there last night? 4? 5?

Athos

Legend
Thomas gets open consistently though on the outside at least. Unlike Quick who's been around forever now, I think Thomas is pressing because he sees a spot he can grab and he's overthinking it trying to get big yards before the ball is secured.

With how he's proven to get open, I doubt he lasts on the PS. If he starts catching...

Dukes drop was just horrible. He was sitting down on a perfect pass, literally sitting, and still dropped it.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Les Snead better be on the phone with Sashi Brown or Paul DePodesta at this very moment.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
And we weren't interested in DGB????
Seriously. If it isn't Quick
YALL HAD TO GO THERE!!! What did Quick do now? Oh, still last week? What about Cooper? Oh yeah, he had a big catch...What about Tavon, oh yeah, he signed a big deal$$$$....Drops happen...but one thing to take away is\/

Thomas gets open consistently though on the outside at least. Unlike Quick who's been around forever now, I think Thomas is pressing because he sees a spot he can grab and he's overthinking it trying to get big yards before the ball is secured.
Thomas gets open...first road game...Lets wait on this kid please....He's a dynamic pass catcher...and looks to have some real ST value....I'll let the Quick joke pass Athos...:neener::shades:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Thomas in particular has a hard time with physical DBs, it really screwed up his concentration. But at least he's still a rook, not like he's Brian Quick doing the same thing in year 3. And tbh Denver is the best defense in the league at sitting DBs over the top of route tendencies; they're very disciplined and well coached.

IMO a WR either has the ability to mentally screen out defenders or he doesn't. Spruce has it. Coop has it. Higbee has it. The rest of these guys, meh. Gonna be an interesting list to get us to 75, that's for sure.