Case Keenum out in Houston after Mallett trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Case Keenum out in Houston after Mallett trade
Posted by Josh Alper on August 31, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptkwngrimzrmzjllnwrinwfmmjqymjyzy2q5odu3ntrm.jpeg
AP
It didn’t take a crystal ball or a deck of tarot cards on Sunday to tell that Case Keenum’s time in Houston was just about up.

With Ryan Mallett arriving in a deal with the Patriots, Keenum looked like the odd man out. Adam Caplan of ESPN reports that the Texans have, in fact, dropped him from the roster to make room for their new acquisition.

The trade for Mallett gave the Texans four quarterbacks, Ryan Fitzpatrick had lots of starting experience before running the first team in Houston this summer and rookie Tom Savage a few months removed from being selected in the fourth round. Keenum was a holdover from the Gary Kubiak days and coach Bill O’Brien said recently that Savage was gaining on Keenum in the competition for the No. 2 spot on the depth chart.

Keenum made eight starts in Houston last season, completing 54.2 percent of his passes while throwing nine touchdowns and six interceptions. He could draw interest as the quarterback carousel takes another spin.

Permalink 3 Comments

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I don't get letting Keenum go over Fitzpatrick - makes ZERO sense
Good luck Texans with that scrub Mallet

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I cannot make a case for Case, he played well in one game, does anyone remember what happen when he played against the Rams last season? I would rather have Pryor or and I will get killed for this....Rex Grossman as the two and then sign Connor Shaw to the PS because I've seen Gilbert and Shaw showed much more in preseason.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Huh, I expected a bit more. I guess when OBrien and Bellicheck have both worked with the guy there is no BSing about his true value.