Cards matchup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I realize most here aren't too concerned with Sunday's matchup, so here's a quick look at the Cards:

DEFENSE

* Their scoring defense continues to be poor, sitting at 25.3 ppg (26th).
* Passer rating against is 85.4 (13th).
* Rush defense is 3.7 ypc (6th).
* Sack percentage over the past three games has jumped from 6.29% to 8.49% (from 18th to 7th).
* Third down conversion against is 42.17% (27th). Note: last three games is 30.00% (5th).

OFFENSE

* Scoring is 18.5 ppg (24th).
* Passer rating is 81.7 (23rd). Note: home passer rating 91.5 (17th), away 72.7 (26th).
* Rushing is 3.0 ppg (32nd).
* Sacked percentage is 6.32% (15th). Note: last three games it is 4.03% (9th).
* Third down conversion is 37.58% (20th).

Cards actually don't look that bad defensively in some metrics. Their third down conversion against sucks, but of late they have been much better.

Offensively the QB position is what is killing them. It's leading to the struggles in the run game as well, as teams load it up on them. Couple areas of concern are that they've gotten better QB play at home, plus Gabbert over the past three games has played pretty well.

So overall the Rams should be able to win this game going away. But it's a divisional matchup with the first game in London being one the Rams embarrassed them in, so I expect them to get everything the Cards have. Defense needs to play like they did vs Brees this past weekend, and we should be fine.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
AZ had a good D last year; I think if the Honey Badger was playing at his old pro bowl level we could lose this game if we aren't sharp. But, their DBs don't seem ot have 'it' this year. Chandler Jones is great, but BUchannon has a major injury I think......

Division games will always be tough this time of year.

Gabbert has our number, LOL!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cards are a different team in the last 3 games than the team the Rams destroyed in London

fearsomefour

Legend
I hope McVay keeps his team less arrogant than the fans.
This is a team with plenty of talent. Their O line still struggles.

KDS73

Rookie
Must-win game for the Cards, which makes them a dangerous team. And after London, a lot of their players will be looking for some redemption.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
AZ had a good D last year; I think if the Honey Badger was playing at his old pro bowl level we could lose this game if we aren't sharp. But, their DBs don't seem ot have 'it' this year. Chandler Jones is great, but BUchannon has a major injury I think......

Division games will always be tough this time of year.

Gabbert has our number, LOL!!

I think i'd rather face Gabbert than that Ram killer Calais Campbell who left in free agency and is finally out of our division. jmo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cards are a different team in the last 3 games than the team the Rams destroyed in London

That's what they were saying right before the London game too with Peterson coming off a monster game. ;)

KayJay

Starter
Yeah I don't want to underestimate anybody. But what can the Cardinals do that we can't exactly? Is Gabbert better than Goff currently? Is their offensive line now, better than the one Palmer had? I need some kind of details, because this game will probably be tougher. But our offense and defense is bound to be better their own.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The rams are straight up better. Our D will take away the run and force Gabbert to beat us. Meanwhile, our Offense will go up fast by a TD or two, and Aaron Donald will have his way with Gabbert.

The Rams got this.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
When it comes right down to it, their DC(Bettcher) is not able to make any adjustments in game when things aren't going well. As long as McVay comes in with a decent gameplan we should roll on them by mid 3rd quarter.

They also still own the worst ST's unit in the league.

Fitz is Fitz. Seals-Jones needs to be covered. AP hasn't done much. John Brown has been MIA with injuries. Jaron Brown is JAG. Their OLine has looked a little better only because Gabbert is escaping a collapsing pocket and trying to make plays. They still can't block very well.

jap

Legend
We ran over these guys 33-Love last time. However, divisional rivals play us twice a year and know us better than anyone else. Of course, we know them intimately too. Poor Larry looked like he couldn't believe his Cards were being held scoreless back in London. Expect him to step up his game even if only to avoid further embarrassment. Will Arians' Redbirds have any answers for our young 'uns this time around?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The Cards are better than their results IMO, but I still think we're better.

This is just another game where we need to be firing on all cylinders to not let the momentum of a good win against the Saints get wasted. Goff is growing in confidence with every game, I'm excited to see which WR is going to be the #1 this week, something tells me Kupp is going to have another big game with a TD, along with a TD for Sammy too. Can Gurley get another 100+yd game against them?

What I would like to see less of this week is Johnny Hekker, I want us to be competing downs and getting points off our drives.

Are we wearing that horrible mis-matched outfit again? I hope so, because we play well in it!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I realize most here aren't too concerned with Sunday's matchup, so here's a quick look at the Cards:

DEFENSE

* Their scoring defense continues to be poor, sitting at 25.3 ppg (26th).
* Passer rating against is 85.4 (13th).
* Rush defense is 3.7 ypc (6th).
* Sack percentage over the past three games has jumped from 6.29% to 8.49% (from 18th to 7th).
* Third down conversion against is 42.17% (27th). Note: last three games is 30.00% (5th).

OFFENSE

* Scoring is 18.5 ppg (24th).
* Passer rating is 81.7 (23rd). Note: home passer rating 91.5 (17th), away 72.7 (26th).
* Rushing is 3.0 ppg (32nd).
* Sacked percentage is 6.32% (15th). Note: last three games it is 4.03% (9th).
* Third down conversion is 37.58% (20th).

Cards actually don't look that bad defensively in some metrics. Their third down conversion against sucks, but of late they have been much better.

Offensively the QB position is what is killing them. It's leading to the struggles in the run game as well, as teams load it up on them. Couple areas of concern are that they've gotten better QB play at home, plus Gabbert over the past three games has played pretty well.

So overall the Rams should be able to win this game going away. But it's a divisional matchup with the first game in London being one the Rams embarrassed them in, so I expect them to get everything the Cards have. Defense needs to play like they did vs Brees this past weekend, and we should be fine.
Merlin, do you know how many Offensive yards the Cards "D" is allowing? IDK! But the Rams have 6 games this year were they have racked-up 400+ yards on Offense, and I think this game will make it "7"!!(y);):D Along with giving us Win #9 on the Season!!:yay::yay::yess:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Gabbert's legs concern me to a degree, however, I feel strongly that Samson Ebukam will be an asset in this contest as he will be able to chase Gabbert down and Quinn almost broke through last week, this could be a huge week for him too.

Offensively, Rams need to lean on Gurley in this game as Kupp & Reynolds will have to be huge because I am sure the Cards are going to put Patrick Peterson on Watkins. I look for Pharoh Cooper to have a huge game on special teams and will return a punt for a touchdown.

Being that the Cards beat the Jags, it puts the Rams on notice and McVay's approach of one game at a time will serve the Los Angeles Rams well in this contest.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Gabbert's legs concern me to a degree, however, I feel strongly that Samson Ebukam will be an asset in this contest as he will be able to chase Gabbert down and Quinn almost broke through last week, this could be a huge week for him too.

Offensively, Rams need to lean on Gurley in this game as Kupp & Reynolds will have to be huge because I am sure the Cards are going to put Patrick Peterson on Watkins. I look for Pharoh Cooper to have a huge game on special teams and will return a punt for a touchdown.

Being that the Cards beat the Jags, it puts the Rams on notice and McVay's approach of one game at a time will serve the Los Angeles Rams well in this contest.
The worst thing the Cards could do, prior to meeting the Rams, was Beat the Jag's! They gave up any hope of Lulling us into a Trap-Game!(y):D

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
This is a typical game that Fisher's Rams would lose follow a big win with a loss to a team they should beat, but this is not Fisher's Rams.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I hope McVay keeps his team less arrogant than the fans.
This is a team with plenty of talent. Their O line still struggles.

Yup exactly.

Just like before the vikings game. "The Rams will not lose to Case Keenum"

I'm sure McVay tries to keep them as level headed as possible.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yup exactly.

Just like before the vikings game. "The Rams will not lose to Case Keenum"

I'm sure McVay tries to keep them as level headed as possible.
And that's just it.
The Rams lost to the Vikings, not just Keenum.
Gabbert is playing well enough to get the ball to their play makers. This is why not letting their running game get going is so important. A running takes pressure off the QB and allows play action.