Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu; We’re legitimate contenders but have to go through Seahawks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Initially I was annoyed that he didn't mention the Rams until I remembered they beat us twice last season. We'll have to earn that respect from the Cardinals. Bruce Arians is now #1 on my list of coaches that I detest.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-contenders-but-have-to-go-through-seahawks/

Tyrann Mathieu: We’re legitimate contenders, but have to go through Seahawks
Posted by Josh Alper on July 24, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptc0mzgwotu2yweymjiwngvjzddmndbiodc1zjm3otg5-e1437738791496.jpeg
AP

Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu went into last season at less than full strength while finishing up rehab from a torn ACL, but health isn’t a concern for him this summer.

It’s not a concern for too many of his teammates, either. Quarterback Carson Palmer says he isn’t even thinking about his knee after his own ACL rehab and the rest of the team is in good condition with training camp about to start. That’s one of the reasons why Mathieu called the Cardinals a “pretty good team” and “legitimate contenders” during a Thursday visit to the Rich Eisen Show.

In order to be more than that, though, Mathieu knows that the Cardinals are going to need to find a way past the team that’s been the best in the NFC for the last two seasons.

“I’ve never been a fan of disrespecting people who have earned it, so for me it would have to be Seattle,” Mathieu said when asked about the team to beat this year. “Those guys went to the Super Bowl two times in a row and they have everything that we want. We’ll definitely have to go through Seattle again this year.”

The Seahawks beat the Cardinals twice last season, which loomed large at the end of the season when the 12-4 Seahawks got the division title over the 11-5 Cardinals. Some of the names and faces will be different this time around, but it seems like a good bet that those two games will again have a lot to do with who wears the crown in the NFC West.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
You wanna BE the best, you gotta BEAT the best.

Pretty simple. We gotta BEAT the Seahawks and Cardinals as well as the 49ers. Twice. Each.

We finally got the team to do it. Now the players just have to win their assignments each snap.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
He's not lying, the Rams are still a ???, we're basically still the same ole potential team. We may be a darkhorse but we are not the team to beat in the NFC West. The 49ers are in shambles and currently still on fire.

The teams to beat are the Cardinals and The Seahawks, no doubt.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
If we don't beat ourselves, we'll be good. We all know what those few words mean without requiring extensive explanations.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
How much credit will we get when we come out game 1 and open up a can of whoop azz on the Seahags? I really believe we're going to handle them. Then we just have to keep winning.
We'll get our respect once we've earned it.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I can't disagree with that. As a Rams fan, if I want my team to win the division I'm looking at the Seahawks too. Doesn't mean the Cardinals aren't an obstacle either. Just means the Seahawks are the team to beat.