Cardinals David Johnson one 100yd game away from history

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-ca...ne-100-yard-game-away-from-making-nfl-history

TEMPE, Ariz. -- If Arizona Cardinals running back David Johnson has another game with 100 yards from scrimmage Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, he’ll be in rare air, coach Bruce Arians pointed out Friday.

Johnson needs one more 100-yard outing to be the first player in the NFL history to start a season with 14 straight games with 100 yards from scrimmage.

“That’s elite company -- nobody,” Arians said with a chuckle.

After his 121 yards from scrimmage against the Dolphins, Johnson joined former Cardinals running back Edgerrin James as the only two players in NFL history to start a season with 13 straight 100-yard games. One more, and Johnson will sit alone.

“That’s a dream come true for sure,” Johnson said. “To be the first player to ever to do that is very good, and I definitely hope I’m able to do that.”

Johnson has kept streak his alive with balance.

In eight of his 13 games, Johnson eclipsed 100 yards without going over 100 in either category. His season high is 185 in Week 5 against San Francisco, of which a season-high 157 came from rushing. Johnson had a season-high 103 receiving yards against Atlanta in Week 12.

“I don’t know if anybody in the league can say they’ve had a better year than David Johnson,” wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald said. “I know the team hasn’t had the success we wanted but David Johnson has been the bell cow from the opening game to last week.”

Only two other players have streaks of 100-yard games longer than Johnson’s and James’ 13. Barry Sanders did it in 15 straight games in 1997 and Marcus Allen in 1985 with 14 -- whom Johnson could tie Sunday. The difference Is Sanders and Allen didn’t begin their streaks in Week 1 of their respective seasons.

“The people he’s being mentioned with are Hall of Fame guys, so for a second-year player, I think it’s outstanding,” Arians said.

Zero

Pro Bowler
http://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-ca...ne-100-yard-game-away-from-making-nfl-history

TEMPE, Ariz. -- If Arizona Cardinals running back David Johnson has another game with 100 yards from scrimmage Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, he’ll be in rare air, coach Bruce Arians pointed out Friday.

Johnson needs one more 100-yard outing to be the first player in the NFL history to start a season with 14 straight games with 100 yards from scrimmage.

“That’s elite company -- nobody,” Arians said with a chuckle.

After his 121 yards from scrimmage against the Dolphins, Johnson joined former Cardinals running back Edgerrin James as the only two players in NFL history to start a season with 13 straight 100-yard games. One more, and Johnson will sit alone.

“That’s a dream come true for sure,” Johnson said. “To be the first player to ever to do that is very good, and I definitely hope I’m able to do that.”

Johnson has kept streak his alive with balance.

In eight of his 13 games, Johnson eclipsed 100 yards without going over 100 in either category. His season high is 185 in Week 5 against San Francisco, of which a season-high 157 came from rushing. Johnson had a season-high 103 receiving yards against Atlanta in Week 12.

“I don’t know if anybody in the league can say they’ve had a better year than David Johnson,” wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald said. “I know the team hasn’t had the success we wanted but David Johnson has been the bell cow from the opening game to last week.”

Only two other players have streaks of 100-yard games longer than Johnson’s and James’ 13. Barry Sanders did it in 15 straight games in 1997 and Marcus Allen in 1985 with 14 -- whom Johnson could tie Sunday. The difference Is Sanders and Allen didn’t begin their streaks in Week 1 of their respective seasons.

“The people he’s being mentioned with are Hall of Fame guys, so for a second-year player, I think it’s outstanding,” Arians said.
I hope the new coaching staff uses Gurley in the same way they use
Johnson.Running struggles aside Gurley displayed great hands in college.
He should be a much bigger part of our passing game.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams could of drafted this record breaking RB David Johnson with the 2015 3rd rd selection instead of reserve OG Jamon Brown.

However Fisher & Snead were set @ RB with Tre Mason who was selected in the 3rd round of the 2014 draft. Should we bring up that RB Atlanta's Devonta Freeman was still on the board when Fisher/Snead drafted Mason.......Freeman this season has 1056 yds & 11 td's rushing & 73 catches for 578 yds. Meanwhile Tre Mason has ...........

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Johnson is doing it the ' Old Fashioned Way' and earning every yard. I hope he gets it! But A$$ Hat Arians probably Jinxed the Kid by bringing it Up!:mrburnsevil: