Car insurance question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Last Spring we had a hail storm that damaged the trunk of my Cadillac and my Pathfinder. This was during the pandemic so we didn't report it to our insurance company. Now I'm ready to get it fixed. I'm not sure if there is a time limit on reporting and I don't remember exactly when it was. I am still with the same insurance companies this year as I was last year.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Last Spring we had a hail storm that damaged the trunk of my Cadillac and my Pathfinder. This was during the pandemic so we didn't report it to our insurance company. Now I'm ready to get it fixed. I'm not sure if there is a time limit on reporting and I don't remember exactly when it was. I am still with the same insurance companies this year as I was last year.
You probably need to research when it happened to have a chance at them paying. They'll definitely research the weather to substantiate your claim.

Oldgeek

Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You probably need to research when it happened to have a chance at them paying. They'll definitely research the weather to substantiate your claim.
Does anyone know if the weather service will help me?

Oldgeek

Name
Steve
I found the day of the hail storm. 3/12/20 I got it using Google.

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Now, for the fun of it, type in the day you were born and see what the weather was like when you arrived.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I submitted a claim on my 5th wheel travel trailer that happened a year prior and had no issues. i have safeco

oldnotdead

Legend
A lot depends upon your insurance company / agent. The longer the delay in reporting the harder it is to get the claim accepted. The fact you waited over a year now will give them reason to deny. But all you can do is try.

Oldgeek

Name
Steve
My wife is not on board with me reporting the claim. She thinks they will deny it and raise our rate. I told her that this is why we have insurance! I'm going to get screwed one way or another.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My wife is not on board with me reporting the claim. She thinks they will deny it and raise our rate. I told her that this is why we have insurance! I'm going to get screwed one way or another.
isn't it covered under comprehensive ?? if so, along with the proof of weather, even an insurance agent with limited experience will be able to see it's hail damage. as for denying a claim and then raising your rate, i'd be in the market for a new insurance company.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Double-edged sword. Think of it this way. If you don't report it, and they find out, then they ding you anyway. Say you get hit and have to report it to get your quarter panel fixed. They see the hail damage and will want to know why you didn't report it. In the long run, you are better off doing two things. Reporting every claim, and making sure you have a police report if someone hits you. Even in the parking lot. I know a lot of cops don't want to deal with fender benders in the parking lot, but you should at least try to get a police report on it. Of course nowadays, with most companies and their apps, you can report it before the police get there. Take a picture and send it to them from the parking lot.