Cap Space after the Mikell Release

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Okay, Okay... I have tried not to get caught up in the "hairy" details of free agency and all these moc drafts, but I would like to know where we now stand with the cap space after QK release? This would help my pea brain understand where the RAMS are potentially headed in free agency and the draft. I have a pretty good idea of the needs, and I kind of know who I would target in free agency and the draft but not knowing the potential cap space we have might change my thoughts. Any information would be great. Sorry if it appears I have no clue. :cmon:

iced

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/2013/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/2013/</a>

about $14 million

Simba

Rookie
MontanaRamsFan said:
Okay, Okay... I have tried not to get caught up in the "hairy" details of free agency and all these moc drafts, but I would like to know where we now stand with the cap space after QK release? This would help my pea brain understand where the RAMS are potentially headed in free agency and the draft. I have a pretty good idea of the needs, and I kind of know who I would target in free agency and the draft but not knowing the potential cap space we have might change my thoughts. Any information would be great. Sorry if it appears I have no clue. :cmon:

15 M.$.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:
http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/2013/

about $14 million

Gracias. I seem like a dope when it comes to all the free agency talk and moc drafts. I am the kind of guy that wants to talk X's and O's. I know who would make us better, and leave the free agency and draft up to those that have a better feel for it.

Give me a game plan and I will disect it to death.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This sheet is prior to the release of several players, but at the time I researched it and including today the numbers are accurate;

ScreenShot2013-02-02at90242PM_zpsf78d4da9.png
ScreenShot2013-02-02at90534PM_zpsfacdd600.png
ScreenShot2013-02-02at102307AM_zps892afad5.png

Lesson

Oh, really?
So what I'm getting from CGI's post is that they have $24 mil or so in cap space due to Jackson voiding his contract, Hunter's release and Mikell's release.

I could be wrong, though.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Lesson said:
So what I'm getting from CGI's post is that they have $24 mil or so in cap space due to Jackson voiding his contract, Hunter's release and Mikell's release.

We were right at the cap before the releases.

So, with the revised cap ceiling we should have just north of $15M this very minute.

Lesson

Oh, really?
CGI_Ram said:
Lesson said:

So, with the revised cap ceiling we should have just north of $15M this very minute.

You are correct. I thought the total cap was higher.

In that link you posted, it has them at a shade over 109 mil, so you are correct.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Lesson said:
CGI_Ram said:
Lesson said:

You are correct. I thought the total cap was higher.

In that link you posted, it has them at a shade over 109 mil, so you are correct.

Yep. No worries. It's a fluid deal.

But, if nothing else the spreadsheet I posted shows what else is possible (if we cut Dahl or Sims).

Lesson

Oh, really?
CGI_Ram said:

But, if nothing else the spreadsheet I posted shows what else is possible (if we cut Dahl or Sims).

I think Sims would be difficult to replace with Hayes likely leaving in FA. Sims is a good rotational DL to have.

As for Dahl, I like him. But I do realize that due to his salary, he could be cut. I think it's an entirely different situation from Hunter's, though.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Lesson said:
CGI_Ram said:

I think Sims would be difficult to replace with Hayes likely leaving in FA. Sims is a good rotational DL to have.

As for Dahl, I like him. But I do realize that due to his salary, he could be cut. I think it's an entirely different situation from Hunter's, though.

Unless the Rams have something planned to replace Harvey (the youth on our bench); I think he's safe.