can you stop the rams defense?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Good luck to any offensive line. You have to man up and try to stop them all. There will be no double teams, nobody to come help you when you get beat by your man.

jjab360

Legend
They're forgetting arguably the best part of our front 7 are our backup D-linemen, Hayes, Langford, Carrington, and Sims. I hate the Seahawks but they proved you don't have to have the best D-linemen to have the best pass rush if you've got a good rotation and depth. Well now we have great rotation and depth and the best D-linemen.

It's a great question, how do you stop the Rams defense right now?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Add GWs aggressive play calling and quick passes will turn into pick 6s. Hold the ball and get sacked maybe fumble and then the DL gets the scoop and score. Im excited about the possibilities of the D outscoring our opponents O.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
There's a very simple answer to that question: you can't.

RFIP

Yes, by throwing the ball.

We've lead theleague in sacks over the past two years, if you can't cover on the back end however....

Not to mention our passing on Watkins has done nothing to help score more points so our ground and punt offense isn't going to give these guys many leads to get the opposition in passing situations.

DL is great, offense and secondary? Not so much.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

We've lead theleague in sacks over the past two years, if you can't cover on the back end however....

Not to mention our passing on Watkins has done nothing to help score more points so our ground and punt offense isn't going to give these guys many leads to get the opposition in passing situations.

Was waiting for this. I agree with your first two sentences actually, and I really hope we are able to get starters at S and possibly CB in the next 2 rounds, but building the lines is brilliant. We all know how much you wanted Watkins, but just be happy with how this team is being built. We will be competitive in our division, and an absolute nightmare for the rest of the league. I love it. Dominant on both sides of the ball.

Oh, and don't forget...you can't throw against us if you are staring at the stars. this gives our DBs a LOT more leverage that I think G Williams will take advantage of. Donald had to have been a Williams pick.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
1:59 "The worst guy on your offensive line is generally your RG" I'd settle for Saffold being our worst OL :sneaky:.

Generally, yeah. But the Rams like to run Power to the left...heard somewhere they ran it 70% of the time to the left. So they need a top RG to pull. Saffold is an excellent pulling guard. You get results.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Our D-line is the best in the NFL now, hands down. We could still get beat in the passing game though and options at DB currently are questionable in the second round. I guess one great thing is we could just rush 4 and still get great pressure.

wrstdude

Rookie

I don't follow this logic. It takes 11 people to score on offense. GRob has potentially just as much ability to help us score points as Watkins. Run blocking to get Stacy TDs & pass blocking to give SB8 time to throw them. Our offense had a huge upgrade in passing & running.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
IMO what the FO have done is look at our strengths from the back end of last year and IMPROVED them - Stacy was a monster, he now has a big beast to make holes for him - thats an A++ improvement and a TD or two extra a game.

With Watkins (and this is just my opinion) what's to say that Watkins just didn't fit the mold that the Rams Offense has - you could say that Britt is more of a secure bet than Watkins as he must have a good rapport with Fisher to be reconsidered. Don't forget that we have Austin, Bailey, Givens and Britt.

BTW - I remember being gutted when we didn't sign Blackmon...